The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #32
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Actually I've never been fully on board with the whole turtles haveing their nick name being used all the time. Yes I understand that the turtles have long unsuall names that might sound awkward to say. But really that is what makes them unique and special, since they are so unuasual. And seriesly the boys have such elequant and strong names chopping them up and shortening them just seems like there being cheapened.

I guess I feel kind of strongly about this but I've never been into nick names, I always call some one by their full name, and I generally want people to call me by my full name. I think a name shouldni't be messed with especially if it is a very nice name. Like my little sister's name is Patricia. Its a very pretty name so my family and I (as well as most of her friends) call her Patricia not "Pat" or "Patty" which is just as crappy shortened version of her name and takes all the wealth from it. And seriously is it really so impersonal to call people by their full name?

And to be completely honest I really don't like the use of the nick name "Mikey" at all. And I find it interesting that it has been said that in mirage canon they don't call Michaelangelo "Mikey" but Mike . If the turtles have to be call by nick names I think prefere Mike to Mikey. Mike just seems more teenage like where is "Mikey" sounds well...kind of bratty .

ANd I don't know why but anytime one of the turtles call each other by their full name it makes me pay attention more. I notice that Leonardo calls Mikey "Michaelangelo" every once in while, and for some reason I find it special. like he is showing a bit of respect for his brother when he does that. Actually Leo is probaly the only turtle to call his brothers by their full names on occasion.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.