The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #37
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Collier View Post
I thought Renet was Ren-ay too. I've had the same experience Putrescent has with the name.

I pronounce Raph's name Raf-eye-ell... the Raf-ee-ell thing KILLS me. My husband is the worst, and I will sooo break him of Rof-ee-ell. I cringe when he says Rof.

Personally, I'm wondering how Genosuke is officially pronounced. If you listen to Usagi in 2k3, it takes him a while to start saying it the same way, and then he usually just gives up and says Gen...he's said Jen as well.
He started out saying it Gen-ohs-kay, which I believe would be correct if he spoke proper Japanese, but the voice actor even mispronounced "Miyamoto Usagi".
There was a source of confusion regarding how Usagi characters are pronounced when they were introduced in 2K3. Below is how they would actually be pronounced:

Miyamoto Usagi: "Mee-yuh-moe-toe Oo-sa-gee"
Genosuke: "Gen-oh-skay"
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.