The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Is this site a good idea?
Yes 18 90.00%
No 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
New TMNT Website - Good or Bad?

Ok... so I know there are a TON of TMNT fan sites out there. I have an idea that is sort of a
networking/fansite/usefull thing I thought I would do in my spare time. Basically I am asking the
community to see if they think it is worth while and a good idea or not. Also to avoid stepping
on any toes in the process.

The idea for this site is as follows:

First: This site would of course as any fan site would showcase my love for TMNT as well as
an interesting look at my collection set up (which is also in progress). The design will be custom
and interesting (not a standard cut and paste site layout)

Secondly: The site would act as a surplus TMNT store offering fare prices on loose figs
vehicles and accessories. Much like the other sites out there but not over priced. This will tie
into reason number 3 as well as offer connections though a local toy dealer who sells old toys.

Third: And more importantly, I would like to host sort of a TRADING POST. Not a message
board!! The drome works to well for that. This would be a direct link page set up for people to
email in their 'wish lists' or 'lists for sale' I would ask NO commission. It would work like this: A
person with a wish list or sell list would send me a list including pictures if they wish. The site
would be set up with categories. When their lists are posted the contact information for the
person would be included OR in a case where the individual does not want to post their email,
the sites host email can be used as well.

Why you might ask? Well I don't know... sounded like a cool idea. And this way when people are
looking for specific things or they want to post a fore sale list their post does not get lost and
forgotten on a message board it stays up till they don't want it up anymore or they find what they
want.

Let me know what you think! This would take some time to set up and if people think its stupid I
wont bother.

Thanks
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.