The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 AM   #11
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I personally stopped posting as much because I got tired of the fandom. There's only so many times I can read "LOLZ FF is sucks" or "Mikey be immature RAWR". It gets old really fast.

[...]

I'm also sick of the constant nit picking and over analyzing.

[...]

It's not just the new series where I see this endless complaining the movie section is full of it too.

[...]

And the comic section...don't get me started. I'm guilty of complaining about Lawson's artwork or Laird being an ass but it's gone way overboard.

[...]

The toy section, oh man. Playmates are dropping the ball so every topic ends up turning into "Playmates sucks" or "Laird is a moron for choosing Playmates".
You're right that there is a lot of complaining going on, but from what I've been seeing, there's just as much praise for these things you've mentioned, if not more. If you don't believe me, take a look at some of the episode, movie, and comic discussion threads, count the number of negative posts, and compare the total to the number of positive posts. But if all you're looking for is the worst, that's all you'll see. And sorry to say, but if you find complaining annoying, look at what you're doing right now. Sometimes, it seems that I see more complaining about complaining than complaining itself...

Quote:
That and I'm sick of seeing people's crappy customs. I don't make custom toys myself but I know what looks good and a lot of the stuff people post doesn't. Yet I see numerous people rave about them no matter how bad they are.
Now you're complaining about people being positive?

Quote:
The fan works section is just sad. Unless you write poorly thought out fan fictions or draw stick figures no one replies to your topics. I've noticed people on here have issues admitting when something is good. When something is terrible I see lots of posts however when someone puts up quality work people tend to ignore it. It's almost like complimenting something that's actually decent is like taking a **** the size of a large rock. Giving critique is pointless because your either ignored or get a shower of excuses.
Do you compliment works that you like? If not, you don't really have ground to stand on in expecting people to compliment yours. If you want something to change, it has to start somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownranger View Post
Looking at countless threads from 2003 all the way to 2005, I'm just curious as to why so many users left or stopped posting. It seemed like there was a good number of Dromers when the 2k3 toon debuted or even before that. I really don't see myself using the forums or even being a huge turtles fan as I get much older. Did these people leave becasue the franchise started to suck, just grew out of TMNT, or just had to get on with their down-to-earth everyday lives?
Probably some of each. There was no mass exodus of people leaving, just people slowly dropping off as time went on, with new people joining to take their place. If you look at any forum that has been around for years, you'll notice the same thing. However, you'd be surprised how many of those people still post from time to time or at least still visit every once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I don't really go into the general anymore. I got sick of it after awhile because people only post about dead celebrities or bad movies. I also see topics about TV shows and garbage coming out on DVD I don't care about. There used to be more then that. At very least people used to discuss good movies, or decent ones. Just another sad reminder that all people watch is crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The death of the VG section is pretty much the reason I stopped posting. Other than that, I would only rarely post in the TV & Movies section, and in EE if there was something interesting going on. All I really see anymore is a lot of people I don't know posting stuff I don't care about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
So, I guess I'm seeing a bit of Anarky's point as the boards must be on the verge when I can't find a thread better than this to follow. Right? There should be intriguing literary analysis threads updated by the hour to satiate my intellect. So it has been written... er, typed. WHATEVER!
Here's a solution that will solve all of your problems...

Start more new threads!

Like I said to Anarky, sitting back and complaining about the state of the existing threads accomplishes nothing. The reason you people think there aren't enough interesting threads is that you aren't starting new ones that do interest you (this is starting to sound a little too familiar, right, Shredder and GK? ).

This is the General Discussion section we're talking about, so as long as a topic is within the rules, there's nothing preventing you from starting a thread to talk about it. Bored with talking about the movies, TV shows, video games, music, etc. that are currently out? Start a thread about an older one that is one of your favorites. Or just go to Everything Else and start a thread about anything, even Perl Regular Expressions (watch out, because I might actually start a thread about those if you people don't start posting ).
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.