The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Collected Book Vol. 1 First Printing (1988)

Some of you will NOT believe this, and neither can I. I had bought and just received in the mail, (what I thought was going to be fake) "The Collected Book Vol. 1 First Printing 1988", for only $124.98. Its of course USED, but all the pages are in tact, and some wear on the corners and inside the "first" and "last" page, it spreads a little more than it should, but from being in that GREAT condition, for so long, had me shocked. The reason I'm sharing with you this experience, is not to "boast", but to get an understanding of why people on Ebay, are trying to rip people off by selling, in worse condition than mine, over 1 to 3 THOUSAND dollars? I had read an Ebay sellers "description", where he says he even knows the price "seems high", but the rare item he has is worth that price in ANY condition, pretty messed up, huh? Can somebody please explain this to me. The reason I think I got lucky is because I searched endlessly on Amazon, and bought it from a "seller", who has a book shop in Florida. I'm not sure that person did research before they put it up for sale, because to be honest, I feel real bad for the people "bidding" or buying from those sellers on Ebay. I guess I just got lucky, and I am sincerely grateful.

I also bought TMNT First Graphic Series, Book 1-4 (NM) for $128 on Amazon

Here was the Amazon page for the "Collected Book Vol. 1":http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

The last seller on that page, claims he has the "edition printed in March 1990", So I guess it's the SECOND printing.. Why he has it in the "First Printing" page, I have no clue.

Here is the photo of my book I got today: http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/t...807101603a.jpg Please excuse the "Speed Stick", it was keeping the basket "fresh"..
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."

Last edited by Rise1184; 08-07-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.