The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Custom Toys/Collectibles

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
TMNT Leonardo 2k12 Nick Custom Figure

All right! My very first custom! It’s not really a custom, but it’s more like an enhancement.

Now, I've recently seen the figures for the new series premiering this year on Nickelodeon. They look awesome, but I'm not going to spend my money on the big shell storage turtles. They look cool, but the action figures will be worth the purchase. So then I thought, "Wait. What if I customized my big 2k3 Leo figure into the one we'll be seeing soon? This could save me some cash."

So I did it. Don't get me wrong. The 2k3 Leo is cool, but it was time to spice things up. If I can't accept that it looks like the Michael Sinterniklaas one, I knew it would be a good idea to make a change. I decided to go "Jason Biggs" for this one.

It's the same figure, except I wrapped Leo's palms, wrists, ankles, and feet. How I got the tissues to hold onto his body was not that difficult. I used scotch tape to hold some of it down. It worked, but it may be losing its stick right about now. No problem. I'll just get more. The tissues are kind of ripped out a little, so don't be surprised if you see little pieces sticking out. This is not a perfect custom, but one I felt would be great to share.

Now his eyes. I looked, and then it came to me. I like my turtles with pupils. So what I did the next day was cut tiny circles from blue paper, drew black dots in the center of the paper with a pen, and glued them onto his white eyes. Unbelievable, isn't it. When you look at the photo, it's funny. It does look like I painted them, but I went in another direction.

So what do you guys think? I love how it turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TMNT Nick Leo Custom 1.jpg (87.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg TMNT Nick Leo Custom 2.jpg (89.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg TMNT Nick Leo Custom 3.jpg (84.4 KB, 74 views)
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.