The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Ya know, I'm not sure what my "prized" comic is.

I have a complete collection of... just about every Turtles comic in one form or another, but none of them are really rare or valuable. I tended to go for 2nd and 5th printings over first runs because I valued the bonus content over the scarcity or collector's value.


I suppose the rarist thing in my collection is my pretty much mint copy of the 1989 Tales of the TMNT trade paperback that I recently bought from Adam Winters (for a ridiculously awesome price). Those things are pretty hard to come by, as I understand it, and I got very lucky.

I don't think anything else in my collection is particularly "valuable". I have a few signed copies, but those were signed when I bought them so they don't really have any nostalgic or sentimental value. I didn't even notice Eastman had signed my copy of Gobbledygook (Vol. 2) #1 for, I dunno, two or three years.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
pl212
Stone Warrior
 
pl212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 813
I would have to say Soul's Winter tpb, I have been searching for a while and finally got one.
pl212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I'm really proud of my Shell Shock since I hunted online for it for a couple of months before finding one in mint condition on eBay at a great price!

Other than that I've amassed a TON of books this year that has really rounded out my collection.

Last edited by Venom; 08-18-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I own virtually everything, trades included. The most valuable stuff I have are probably my first prints of issues 2 and 3 and my volume 1 trades.

My most prized addition though is the 25th anni book Eastman sold at comi-con. I got everyone to sign it, even Stan Saki. I did miss Eric though from Image but that's alright. if I ever do a con again I might bring it.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
My most prized addition though is the 25th anni book Eastman sold at comi-con. I got everyone to sign it, even Stan Saki. I did miss Eric though from Image but that's alright. if I ever do a con again I might bring it.
Just nitpickin', but "Sakai". Saki is the dude with the metal and spikes.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I own the vast majority of TMNT publications, including a few harder-to-find items like Shell Shock, Collected Tales of the TMNT (1989), and first printings of issues #3, 4, and the Raphael Micro-Series. I'm really happy to own a full run of the Archie series as well, since the latter issues and specials can be hard to track down.

But, I suppose, my "most prized" comics might be the ones hardest to replace, such as my collection of Fleetway's UK Hero Turtles comics and my near complete run of Dengeki Comics' TMNT manga issues. Mind you, I'm not saying they are the best in terms of artistic and storytelling quality, but they are ridiculously hard to find, so I'm glad to own a nice lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post

I suppose the rarist thing in my collection is my pretty much mint copy of the 1989 Tales of the TMNT trade paperback that I recently bought from Adam Winters (for a ridiculously awesome price). Those things are pretty hard to come by, as I understand it, and I got very lucky.
Glad that worked out to do that deal, Spengs! It sure was a handsome looking volume!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Off the top of my head I'd have to say the Archie book I had signed at "TurtleCon". I was 14, it was my first con, and damn near everyone involved with the turtles was there at the time. Good times.

(Still wished I'd shelled out the $80 to buy Farley's Leo Bust straight from him. Oh well, hindsight...)
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.