The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant
 
Demon-Alukard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 467
TMNT Multiverse Collage

I didn't know where to put it - so I choose comic thread. My version of the TMNT Universes interference & interactions. Maybe I made mistake somethere - feel free to say me about it.



I also wrote the review of this scheme, but my bad English don't allow be to translate it too. If you want, you can see review through google translator on my Russian web-site:
http://translate.google.com/translat...multiverse.htm
__________________


Join Facebook TURTLES CLUB group for Announcements, Updates & Sneak Peeks!

Last edited by Demon-Alukard; 06-08-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Hey, that's really cool!

The only incongruity I noticed was in regards to the manga, and only the bottom three of the fork.

The Mutant Turtles manga was an adaptation series of the Fred Wolf cartoon and not a branch off taking place after the Super Mutant Turtles OVAs.

The Super Mutant Turtles manga was an alternate telling of the events of the Super Mutant Turtles OVAs and should probably be a parallel and not a continuation.

The Mutant Turtles Gaiden manga was a complete storyline reboot, and though it took its cues from the Fred Wolf series, it started over completely from scratch (so I'm not sure how or where you could put that in the chart).


Still, a great job on that, though!
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
The Mutant Turtles Gaiden manga was a complete storyline reboot, and though it took its cues from the Fred Wolf series, it started over completely from scratch (so I'm not sure how or where you could put that in the chart).
What is the Mutant Turtles Gaiden?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
What is the Mutant Turtles Gaiden?
The entire thing has been translated and is available to read at my site, TMNT Entity (link in my sig).

It was an official 4-part manga series published in Japan in the 90s.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Sweet, dude! I always wanted to do one of these, but your artistic talent is really evident and you made a good idea spectacular!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Sweet, dude! I always wanted to do one of these, but your artistic talent is really evident and you made a good idea spectacular!
This is really cool!

Thanks for posting this, flow charts rule.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Cool stuff
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Pretty awesome stuff there, but a couple of typos ya might've missed: 2K3verse, "Flash Forward" is "Fast Forward", and in the OTverse, Red Sky starting date was accidentally typed as '84 rather than '94.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant
 
Demon-Alukard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 467
Hey, thanks everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
The only incongruity I noticed was in regards to the manga, and only the bottom three of the fork.

The Mutant Turtles manga was an adaptation series of the Fred Wolf cartoon and not a branch off taking place after the Super Mutant Turtles OVAs.

The Super Mutant Turtles manga was an alternate telling of the events of the Super Mutant Turtles OVAs and should probably be a parallel and not a continuation.

The Mutant Turtles Gaiden manga was a complete storyline reboot, and though it took its cues from the Fred Wolf series, it started over completely from scratch (so I'm not sure how or where you could put that in the chart)
I believe all three manga series was published after OVA 1-2... So, it's would be right to stay it as is. I just chaged the pointers because of doubtful ties between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Pretty awesome stuff there, but a couple of typos ya might've missed: 2K3verse, "Flash Forward" is "Fast Forward", and in the OTverse, Red Sky starting date was accidentally typed as '84 rather than '94.
Thanks! Stupid mistakes. =) It's because of Flash Forward TV Series
__________________


Join Facebook TURTLES CLUB group for Announcements, Updates & Sneak Peeks!
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #10
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Hello! Can you please tell me some info about the division universe?
Cheers!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant
 
Demon-Alukard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Hello! Can you please tell me some info about the division universe?Cheers!


it's the Universe based on the Archie's TMNT Adventures series. First few issues were an adapation of the Archie Series (some were just reprinted, some were re-drawn by Manuel Conde), but after that series started to tell its own story. This series contains more than 53 issues.
__________________


Join Facebook TURTLES CLUB group for Announcements, Updates & Sneak Peeks!
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
awesome chart you made
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
Picture Referenced

it's the Universe based on the Archie's TMNT Adventures series. First few issues were an adapation of the Archie Series (some were just reprinted, some were re-drawn by Manuel Conde), but after that series started to tell its own story. This series contains more than 53 issues.
Dude! That's an awesome collection you have there! I'd love to see some more scans, especially the interior art by Manuel Conde. What Archie issues did he redraw to your knowledge? So cool!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 06-28-2010 at 04:55 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Wow! that is interesting! I Didn“t know about those stuff, at least none of my mexican friends have mentioned about that.

Do you know if the ones from argentina are just the same published from archie or some isues are also re-drawn by an argentinian artist?

cheers!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant
 
Demon-Alukard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Do you know if the ones from argentina are just the same published from archie or some isues are also re-drawn by an argentinian artist?
No, I don't know anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Dude! That's an awesome collection you have there! I'd love to see some more scans, especially the interior art by Manuel Conde. What Archie issues did he redraw to your knowledge? So cool!
At least TMNT Adventures #9 (Codename: Chameleon) was redrawn by Manuel Conde. Here we go:





In those issues which were just reprinted the covers was redrawn also:

__________________


Join Facebook TURTLES CLUB group for Announcements, Updates & Sneak Peeks!
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #16
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I hate to say it but I like the codename chameleon redrawn cover better!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
If I may make a few suggestions.

1. The line between the 2003 show and the Dreamwave comics should be dotted instead of solid (based on what other lines indicate).

2. There should be a dotted line from the Mirage Universe to the 87 show and the Movies (since they all sprung from "Turtle Prime" and it already has a dotted line to the 2003 show).

3. The "Archie Future" and "Archie Distant Future" don't really need to be there. They're the same universe as the present-time Archie stories and aren't from a different titled comic book.

Still totally awesome to look at, just though I'd put in some constructive critisism
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Alukard View Post
At least TMNT Adventures #9 (Codename: Chameleon) was redrawn by Manuel Conde.

In those issues which were just reprinted the covers was redrawn also
Thanks a bunch, Mr. Alukard!

I've also seen the cover to TMNT Adventures #14 in its redrawn Division Comics form:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I wonder if that issue also got the redraw treatment. Looks like Manuel Conde followed the original page layouts and poses very closely.

Do you have any scans of some of his original work? (I've seen one here).

I really think you should start an official Mexican "Las Tortugas Ninja" Comics thread over in the comics section. I started one for the UK Hero Turtles brand a few years back and it has been a good repository for information on the Fleetway series and other products.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #19
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
Wow. Very Nice work. Transformers fans make a new one of those every few weeks,but it's not nerely as nicely done.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #20
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
Ok, I just asked that because the archie comics were published in argentina, probably they just changed the lenguage, no more...
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
multiverse

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.