The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I agree. He rocks as Don and adds something to the character that wasn't there before.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I think he's a great fit for this Donatello. Feldman's always going to be my favorite, but I guess it wouldn't have worked for this...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Not sure if it's my bias, but I'm beginning to see subtle differences between Rob's Raph and Don.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Not sure if it's my bias, but I'm beginning to see subtle differences between Rob's Raph and Don.
I noticed them right away.

His Don voice is a bit higher pitched and speaks in a more...nervous tone. Or something along those lines.

His Raph voice definitely had much more of a assertive, sometimes angry slapstick tone to it that fit Raph better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #25
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
Sometimes I don't mind him but sometimes I hear OT Raph talking and I don't like that. The fact that this Donatello is more snarky doesn't help. Terrible casting.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
milesflex
Thug
 
milesflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: AL
Posts: 74
Yeah, I've come to accept and like his voice as Don for this cartoon. Wasn't sure about it from the previews before the show aired, though. The whole show has exceeded my low expectations. I can't wait to watch it each weekend.
milesflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
I been used to Rob Paulsen as Raphael for a long time, But on this new series, He managed to pull off Donatello. It'll take some getting used to.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
shinefra
Hench Mutant
 
shinefra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: México
Posts: 273
I like it very much, heck I love this Donatello voice better than barry gordon's.
I don't compare him to the 2003 voice because I need to hear more of him.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #29
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Rob is such a great Don, I'm really impressed, I really like Don's personality in this show, I'm even sort of forgetting about the gap.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.