The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
TMNT: The Secret History Of The Foot Clan' #2 [Preview]

More revelations in store!

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/0...lan-2-preview/
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I LOVED that preview. This is the Foot action we've been waiting for!

I love the fighting in the car chase and the jumping from the roofs of the car, and Karai is more competent than she was in issue #12. Awesome.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
Wow. That cover. Please let them make it into a poster. Seriously gonna be an amazing issue, I love it already. The art is probably the best the IDW turtles have seen, some may not share my opinion but I like it better than Dan Duncans.
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I don't like the customized bandanas but everything else looks great.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
looks great! Maybe a little shoutout way back to issue 3 of volume 1, the VW seeing some chase action once again!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
thelouisguy
Hench Mutant
 
thelouisguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
looks great! Maybe a little shoutout way back to issue 3 of volume 1, the VW seeing some chase action once again!
I noted the same thing.
thelouisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
This miniseries is great! I can't wait to see where this ends up.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
Vegeta
Hench Mutant
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 398
Wish this guy was doing the ongoing. His art rules and this mini series kicks ass. also karai doesn't look like teen wolf. All in all a good preview.
__________________
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
I have a feeling he'll be on board before long...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #10
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Very cool!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I'm so in love with the way April's hair is drawn
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Just got done reading! Loved it!

This one probably wasn't as fulfilling as #1 was as far as reveals go, but everything's gonna get unloaded in #4 anyways so it's no big.

Spoiler:
However, Saki being the reincarnation of Tatsuo was big, and unexpected. I guess that means Kitsune actually is a witch and not just a "change at will" mutant. Unless she and her Utrom buddy somehow did that through science(fiction). I'm assuming she is also Alopex, one way or another. Can't wait to see what the whole story is behind that.


Either way, we get treated to the most awesome ninja vs. ninja action IDW has delivered yet! I could go on and on about the last page alone, loved the fish-eye effect. Second favorite page was the gang climbing that building.

There were so many cool little moments. Karai giving orders in Japanese, Don getting made fun of for his screen name from his Micro, Splinter actually tagged along, April and Casey's flirting came off as natural and not forced, Shredder flipping the eff out on Karai (God damn I hope she betrays him), more references to the Splinter Micro, Saki going after Tang Shen.

It's a damn good thing the cartoon is coming back this weekend, because the two week wait between #1 and #2 was killer... now we'll actually have to wait the standard month!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Either way, we get treated to the most awesome ninja vs. ninja action IDW has delivered yet! I could go on and on about the last page alone, loved the fish-eye effect.
OMG THAT PANEL. Santolouco is slaying it in the art depart for this mini-series! The action and movement in his work is amazing, as well as his character expressions. He is clearly a ninja at drawing ninjas.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,023
Is all this art done digitally? I'd love to own a page
__________________
A small blog that a friend of mine and I started reviewing some games of all genre's. Stop by if you have a second.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I was actually disspointed by the last page I just like the way look, interesting design, but didn't care for it.

The rest of the issues was amazing!!!!!!
Spoiler:
I can't believe that Saki is reincarnated!!!!!!I am also wondering what the book says. I also feel sorry for Dr.MIller lmao. And Nines I didn't even think about that Alopex could be the witch!!!!!
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #16
Desslok
Hench Mutant
 
Desslok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 393
The action in this one blew my socks off!

I loved the whole car chase battle, beautifully drawn. That whole sequence moves with such fluidity that I really got sucked into it.
__________________

Watch Episodes | Latest Updates | More Fun
Desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #17
wedestroymyths
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

There were so many cool little moments. Karai giving orders in Japanese, Don getting made fun of for his screen name from his Micro, Splinter actually tagged along, April and Casey's flirting came off as natural and not forced, Shredder flipping the eff out on Karai (God damn I hope she betrays him)
Ditto on all of this. As much as I enjoy these comics, at times the writing comes off as a little forced, but this issue was just fun and natural. Maybe some of the best character interactions we've seen through the whole IDW run so far. I also liked how well some of the little bits were woven into the action--it's good to keep character and story important through the action.

All in all, I'm loving this series.
wedestroymyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I LOVED that preview. This is the Foot action we've been waiting for!
If it's just going to be swings, lunges and misses and no one actually getting hurt then no, not really. The issue is really beautiful, though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior
 
TonySiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If it's just going to be swings and lunges and no one actually getting hurt then no, not really. The issue is really beautiful, though.
__________________



"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If it's just going to be swings, lunges and misses and no one actually getting hurt then no, not really. The issue is really beautiful, though.
Well its a step in the right direction. You can tell IDW wants to do more but Nick probably doesn't want too many humans being sliced or cut up in the series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.