The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #41
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
am I the only one that saw the clip to the next episode XD?
I saw it, I guess no else did though I made a thread about it to inform others
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I realize NOBODY is going to believe me, & I can't blame you, but last night I had a dream that there was a special where the old turtles met the new ones. I knew it was far-fetched as they've already done Turtles Forever and likely wouldn't repeat that, let alone without the OG VA's, but low & behold! I woke up and it turned out to be a reality... I'm BUGGING OUT. The idea of this alone is enough to make one accidentally crap themselves in excitement but the fact my subconscious mind tapped into this while asleep is making me flip my God damned wig...

If anyone is curious, in my dream, the OT turtles (animated in their original style, kinda like TF did) are running around the drome panicked while Krang is taking over NYC in the Technorover with an army of Rock Soldiers. He's literally wreaking havoc out there, for once, being a real serious threat. So the turtles are looking for a means of stopping him back at the drome and they come across a room with a big ass generator, it's in a sort of back-room and runs through Krangs big portal. Apparently you change the settings on it to decide what dimension/universe to pull beings through. After fiddling with it, they set it to the Nick series universe, and the little screen on it displays a live feed of Mikey running across roof tops at night trying to catch up with his brothers. This blows away OT Mikey and the gang but then Donny reminds them about the events of Turtles Forever & how there is an actual multi-verse of other turtles including these and others who they hadn't even seen at the time. Donny pulls the lever (I guess to bring them together) and that's when I woke up. Crazy stuff!

Also I'm super freakin' excited about Mutagen Man. I had a feeling he would show up after his picture was on the cover of that comic book Mikey was reading. Hell yeah. He's one of my all time favorite characters. Very cool.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #43
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All they have to do now is announce the return of Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady and I would quite literally burst into tears.
I hope they don't show up then. I wouldn't want you to cry.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
I think they will show up just to give the main characters someone to fight in the episode. Since Bebop and Rocksteady have the same voices as Don and Leo, its really only Shredder and Krang's VA's that need to return too.

Man I would get goosebumps if Krang meets the Kraang and leads them even if its only for this one hour special.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #45
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I realize NOBODY is going to believe me, & I can't blame you, but last night I had a dream that there was a special where the old turtles met the new ones. I knew it was far-fetched as they've already done Turtles Forever and likely wouldn't repeat that, let alone without the OG VA's, but low & behold! I woke up and it turned out to be a reality... I'm BUGGING OUT. The idea of this alone is enough to make one accidentally crap themselves in excitement but the fact my subconscious mind tapped into this while asleep is making me flip my God damned wig...

If anyone is curious, in my dream, the OT turtles (animated in their original style, kinda like TF did) are running around the drome panicked while Krang is taking over NYC in the Technorover with an army of Rock Soldiers. He's literally wreaking havoc out there, for once, being a real serious threat. So the turtles are looking for a means of stopping him back at the drome and they come across a room with a big ass generator, it's in a sort of back-room and runs through Krangs big portal. Apparently you change the settings on it to decide what dimension/universe to pull beings through. After fiddling with it, they set it to the Nick series universe, and the little screen on it displays a live feed of Mikey running across roof tops at night trying to catch up with his brothers. This blows away OT Mikey and the gang but then Donny reminds them about the events of Turtles Forever & how there is an actual multi-verse of other turtles including these and others who they hadn't even seen at the time. Donny pulls the lever (I guess to bring them together) and that's when I woke up. Crazy stuff!

Also I'm super freakin' excited about Mutagen Man. I had a feeling he would show up after his picture was on the cover of that comic book Mikey was reading. Hell yeah. He's one of my all time favorite characters. Very cool.
Well, you know what they say... Some dreams are so big, they become a reality.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #46
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2
YEA!!!

Sorry, the thought of Barry, Cam, and Townsend coming back makes me all warm and fuzzy.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
YEA!!!

Sorry, the thought of Barry, Cam, and Townsend coming back makes me all warm and fuzzy.
I wonder if Rob pushed for it too. It would be cool if after this they were offered roles as recurring villains or something after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
FYI, the original cast couldn't be brought on to Turtles Forever because 4Kids was a non-union company, and the original voice actors are all staunch members of the union.

But regarding 2k3 Turtles vs Nick Turtles... The 2K3 show was extraordinarily boring. The designs were boring, the voice acting was boring, the music was boring - no part of it was fun or exciting. There was very little spark to it, and nothing to draw in anybody that wasn't already a Turtle fan.

Reading the emails between the writers and Peter Laird, with Laird micromanaging over EVERY SINGLE DETAIL to an absurd degree, it's clear there's no love going on - a lot of labor, sure, and even more "we need to get this done and it needs to get done cheap."

Don't get me wrong - I love the Mirage comics. I grew up on them. But the Peter Laird involved with those was a younger man, still excited by the possibilities. The Laird involved with the 2K3 show seemed to be an embittered old guy, arguing over minutia just for the sake of arguing.

So, yeah - the Nick show seems like the people involved genuinely love the property. The 4Kids show felt like little more than "going thru the motions."

BUT to get the thread back on track - I'm excited for the return of the original voice cast!
The voice cast for the 4kids series was great and were loosely based on the movie voices. Don't see why you're complaining about the soundtrack or designs, the animation was fluid and the Turtles resembled Michael Dooney's turtles to a degree.

Saying it wasn't a labor of love is ridiculous, LLoyd Goldfine flat out said he missed working on the cartoon with Peter and they remain good friends.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #49
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2
YEA!!!

Sorry, the thought of Barry, Cam, and Townsend coming back makes me all warm and fuzzy.
Nice!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #50
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Interesting.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #51
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2
YEA!!!

Sorry, the thought of Barry, Cam, and Townsend coming back makes me all warm and fuzzy.
I love seeing the originals in pics like this
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #52
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2
YEA!!!

Sorry, the thought of Barry, Cam, and Townsend coming back makes me all warm and fuzzy.
That's awesome! I cannot wait to see this!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #53
meta ray mek
Random Punk
 
meta ray mek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Last Friday Night
Posts: 48
I'm calling it now on the identity of the Mutagen Man in this series, if the pattern of 'Bringing back characters to mutate them' holds up:
Spoiler:
My guess is that Kirby O'Neil (April's dad) is going to turn into the Mutagen Man.

I really hope I'm wrong, though...
__________________
Tumblr (Abandon all hope ye who enter here) / DeviantArt
meta ray mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #54
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
It would be even funnier if it was just "Once Upon a Time Machine, Part II" in which the Fred Wolf VA's simply voiced the old age Turtles. But since will air around the time of the Bay movie buildup, it really could pack a ratings punch! As for Mutagen Man, nice to see another classic make an appearance. When I saw Townsend post a pic of the Nickelodeon building yesterday, I felt that something special was bound to happen, given he changed his pic to Michelangelo made of a lime! Feeling a lot of energy along with the spring fever weather approaching!
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #55
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by meta ray mek View Post
I'm calling it now on the identity of the Mutagen Man in this series, if the pattern of 'Bringing back characters to mutate them' holds up:
Spoiler:
My guess is that Kirby O'Neil (April's dad) is going to turn into the Mutagen Man.

I really hope I'm wrong, though...
good guess, but i like that idea better than the pulverizer.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #56
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Can't say I'm super excited for Mutagen Man. There are many other characters I would prefer to see instead but I'm sure the guys will do a great job with him. I do like that they aren't just making him a one off character. Sounds like they have big things planned with him.

I am pretty excited for the crossover event though.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #57
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by grungethemovie View Post
Turtles Foreverer!
hmmm, forever and ever maybe XD

i'd love to see them switch 2d to 3d and back

btw, i have been thinking about a "turtles forever" beat'em up ever since the thread, where you would have different stages in different eras or at least different generations skins
They did that in Jimmy timmy power hour.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
I wonder how so many people correctly predicted the return of Mutagen Man from months ago.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #59
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Dude, sh*t.

I'm really excited for both of these.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #60
meta ray mek
Random Punk
 
meta ray mek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Last Friday Night
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
good guess, but i like that idea better than the pulverizer.
It just makes the most sense to me, considering the context of how Ciro was describing how the Mutagen Man would factor into the next season.

Spoiler:
Plus, considering they're going to face the Kraang Prime and all that, it makes more sense for Kirby to be present and/or possibly get mutated into the Mutagen Man instead of the Pulverizer coming out of nowhere and mutating with no explanation.
__________________
Tumblr (Abandon all hope ye who enter here) / DeviantArt
meta ray mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.