The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
I'd be disappointed if Mutagen Man wasn't still Seymour Guts. His human name is hilarious.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #62
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
If you're three years old.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #63
Gwydion
Hench Mutant
 
Gwydion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2
YEA!!!

Sorry, the thought of Barry, Cam, and Townsend coming back makes me all warm and fuzzy.
Ah, that picture put the biggest smile on my face! Of course I've barely been able to contain my smile all day (thank goodness I mostly work alone or I'm sure I would have gotten more than a few odd looks...), but that just takes the cake!

I noticed he commented on a post about "...maybe NEXT time!? ^_~" and I can't help but dream that he's referring to possibly coming back for future cameos...
__________________
Gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #64
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
Ah, that picture put the biggest smile on my face! Of course I've barely been able to contain my smile all day (thank goodness I mostly work alone or I'm sure I would have gotten more than a few odd looks...), but that just takes the cake!
Same here! All of Ciro's talk about the future has me more hopeful and excited than ever!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #65
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant
 
Ryanator008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshdonnie View Post
They did that in Jimmy timmy power hour.
Those where the bomb.
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
If you're three years old.
His human name is funny. "Seymour Guts," such as, "See-more guts" which you "see more guts" when he is Mutagen Man and you see all his guts.

It is quite clever and I like it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #67
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
WOW! My turtles are back! Maybe we can see them given justice this time! I feel like a kid again initially reading it! Can't wait to hear more about this. I am surprised they roped in the other three VAs. Bet good ole Rob had something to do with it. After my personal hang ups with the current VAs I am pleasantly surprised to hear the actual voices again.

Also, awesome news about Mutagen Man! He got a single episode and a figure so its a bit of a surprise to see him dusted off. Not to mention a bigger role this time around. Doubt it will be Seymour Gutz as Mutagen Man this time. Though Peter Laird actually considered using him despite his personal other media pre-2003 ban. Wonder what the appeal of Mutagen Man is? Can't complian because he has potential!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #68
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
But regarding 2k3 Turtles vs Nick Turtles... The 2K3 show was extraordinarily boring. The designs were boring, the voice acting was boring, the music was boring - no part of it was fun or exciting. There was very little spark to it, and nothing to draw in anybody that wasn't already a Turtle fan.
That's just your opinion and plenty disagree so...

Quote:
Reading the emails between the writers and Peter Laird, with Laird micromanaging over EVERY SINGLE DETAIL to an absurd degree, it's clear there's no love going on - a lot of labor, sure, and even more "we need to get this done and it needs to get done cheap."
So you want Nano as the turtles butler or multiple garbageman episodes?

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - I love the Mirage comics. I grew up on them. But the Peter Laird involved with those was a younger man, still excited by the possibilities. The Laird involved with the 2K3 show seemed to be an embittered old guy, arguing over minutia just for the sake of arguing.
Or trying his best to maintain some level of competence and personal sense of integrity over what he co-created and owned because he cared.

You're saying that the guy who okayed Ch'rell wasn't open to possibilities?

Quote:
So, yeah - the Nick show seems like the people involved genuinely love the property. The 4Kids show felt like little more than "going thru the motions."
They have to act like that regardless. It's not like anyone can possibly say "i'd rather be working on a different show but Nick transferred me to TMNT so I'm making the best of it" or Jason Biggs can get away with saying anything like "sure I'd love to do more movies but hey this is steady work". In interviews they all have to act super excited about what they are doing so we get excited.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Wonder what the appeal of Mutagen Man is? Can't complian because he has potential!
He's a guy made out of mutagen that keeps his body together. I loved how the original toon gave him the ability to shape shift into other people, I hope that idea is kept.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #70
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
They should have OT baxter make something to get out of limbo, then lures the turtles and try's to send them o limbo, but instead explodes the machine making the turtles and baxter, along with the techno from ( which baxter built the machine in the basement of) to the nick world.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #71
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I'm anxious to see how this crossover will play out...it would be awesome if the Nick turtles got transported to the OT universe and vice versa, and they appeared in that art style. Like, the Nick turtles would be hand drawn while the OT turtles would be in CGI. I don't really think they needed to make another Turtles Forever type special (at least not this soon) but that's not to say I'm not excited for it! I couldn't care less about Mutagen Man though...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #72
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
His human name is funny. "Seymour Guts," such as, "See-more guts" which you "see more guts" when he is Mutagen Man and you see all his guts.

It is quite clever and I like it.
I know what his name means, I'm not an idiot Cubed. It's just not funny.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
I know what his name means, I'm not an idiot Cubed. It's just not funny.
Its more interesting than if Mutagen Man is either April's father or The Pulverizer. Either that or this time around he's literally just made of mutagen, since in this series it seems like the ooze is sentient and can make creatures like Justin out of DNA
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #74
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
I have to say this news is indeed interesting.

Mutagen Man just adds even more that the show staff are big fans of the original toon/toyline. Hopefully, a figure will be coming that pays homage to the original toy as well.

Maybe Wingnut and Screwloose, Muckman and Joe Eyeball, and a slew of others from the OT will make appearances as well. With Mutagen Man coming, I'd guess anything is possible. Maybe even the Technodrome.

On the original voice cast being in the show... Just having Barry, Cam, and Townsend voicing any characters in the show would be awesome, but if they, along with Rob, are all playing the original turtles again after being unable to in Turtles Forever....

I think this will be the better crossover in that it has the original voices. I am going to be curious as to how they do the crossover like others here have voiced. The modern TMNT is computer 3-D versus the original's classic 2-D animated. So will they maybe do what Nick did with their Jimmy Neutron/Fairy Oddparents crossover stuff and combine things?
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #75
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Boy how original.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #76
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
I don't know what to think of this....since I don't know anything about the 80's tmnt including...mutagen man? XD but the way people are reacting I'm guessing it's something to look forward too!!

__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #77
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
I just a nerd attack at work when I heard this. I am so pumped for the season two two hour premier with the original voice actors: Cam Clarke, Townsend Coleman, Barry Gordon and of course Rob Paulsen reprising their roles from the 1987 - 1996 series. Plus I am so excited that Mutagen Man will be returning. He's one of my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle characters.

Someone already said that the more they love the 2012 Nickelodeon series the more they hate (no despise) the 2014 upcoming Megan "no talent" Fox flick. And I can't agree anymore. I am sorry but the more I fall in love with the show the more I despise both Fox, Bay and the piece of garbage of a film.

I know we barely have any info on the special, but are the 1987 Turtles actually going to be part of the episode or will they have cameos (only be in one or two scenes) ? I am hearing different things that they will only be in for a short time or that this going to be something similar (not plot wise) like the Turtles Forever. Just curious if anybody knows. I hope Rene Jacobs returns as April.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #78
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I look forward to everyone trash talking TF after this comes out. As I'm sure they will make the OT turtles less silly then they were in TF. Though it's become increasingly clear to me that everyone who thinks the OT was mocked in TF missed all the points where the comic books and 2K3 series were being mocked as well. If I watch anything from this show again I will most likely give this a watch but I'm sure the format will turn me off. I tried watching the similar Brave and the Bold crossover but that show is so horrid I didn't even make it far enough to see the event happen.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #79
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
I just a nerd attack at work when I heard this. I am so pumped for the season two two hour premier with the original voice actors: Cam Clarke, Townsend Coleman, Barry Gordon and of course Rob Paulsen reprising their roles from the 1987 - 1996 series. Plus I am so excited that Mutagen Man will be returning. He's one of my favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle characters.

Someone already said that the more they love the 2012 Nickelodeon series the more they hate (no despise) the 2014 upcoming Megan "no talent" Fox flick. And I can't agree anymore. I am sorry but the more I fall in love with the show the more I despise both Fox, Bay and the piece of garbage of a film.

I know we barely have any info on the special, but are the 1987 Turtles actually going to be part of the episode or will they have cameos (only be in one or two scenes) ? I am hearing different things that they will only be in for a short time or that this going to be something similar (not plot wise) like the Turtles Forever. Just curious if anybody knows. I hope Rene Jacobs returns as April.

Good lord. Why all the hate for Fox? All she did was take a job. It's not like she has anything to do with the story. I wouldn't say she has no talent either - maybe her earlier work was bad but she actually does a good job in Friends with Kids and This is 40.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #80
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Hopefully Mutagen Man is a sign of more older characters returning such as:

Slash, Armaggon, Rahzar/Tokka, Mondo Gecko, Man Ray, Wingnut/Screwloose, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.