![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Should the new movie be rated PG-13 or PG? | |||
| PG-13 |
|
49 | 96.08% |
| PG |
|
2 | 3.92% |
| Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#21 |
|
Leatherhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,426
|
As of the last movie they did. If Platinum Dunes/Paramount has somehow managed to either be "above the law" on that with Playmates on Turtles Part Five or just doesn't care and is soldiering on without a toy deal (unlikely, and pretty much impossible), that's unrevealed as of yet.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,426
|
Possibly. But historically Playmates has held all of the cards over the studio/director/producer(s), not the other way around. And at least as far as the last movie goes, they were not willing to bend one millimeter.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
|
Hopefully the turtles look realistic. And I mean really realistic. Like ILM or Weta CG. The 2007 movie art style was over-hyped. The turtles looked decent but still bad, and the human characters were just terrible. Really goofy looking. It was like watching the incredibles. I hope all these turtles look badass.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons." ** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
I wonder why. Why would they insist on PG after seeing all the toys Marvel and Transformers have sold. Perhaps they'll have a change of heart...
Holy crap! I'm a huge TRON fan, so I was in, no matter what. I hadn't even considered that it was PG. Maybe that's part of why it underperformed...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,426
|
I like the TRON duology but I don't think those are movies that would benefit from a higher-than-PG rating. Movies about teenagers (read: MAIN CHARACTERS THAT ARE 13+ YEARS OLD!!!) that are ninjas (assassins, basically) with cutting weapons and shuriken that regularly engage in combat other ninjas trying to kill them... yeah, those should probably be PG-13. Just going out on a limb there.
It's always been a little alarming to me that more people haven't been up in arms about that to that regard for, I don't know, the last four movies.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 | ||
|
Leatherhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
|
Quote:
Quote:
I have to wonder if Disney will step it up to PG-13 for the next film.
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
I don't think TRON: Legacy would have been better at PG-13. But maybe it would've sold more tickets.
But if we can't get a PG-13 TMNT, now, in the heyday of PG-13 superhero movies... The word is that the budget is $120. It's big enough for PG-13, I'd think. And why wouldn't a toy company see it's selling toys for everyone else? I'll just keep my fingers crossed, I guess.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
|
I kind of doubt Tron will get a third movie.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
It's moving forward. They barely made the cut, I suppose.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
|
I'm not talking about the toys. I'm talking about the art style and CG in the actual movie
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons." ** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
|
This movie will be PG-13, but for what it's worth, PG-13 is the new PG, which is now the new G.
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
|
It should be rated G. No poop jokes.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Leatherhead
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
|
I'm pretty sure it's due to fan demand they're moving forward. It didn't do incredible, but it made back its budget and then some. I just hope they market the film and not treat it like they did TRON: Uprising.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Location: in the wonderful land of awesomeness
Posts: 206
|
*thinks about the tron rap that disney advertiesed* ugh.
__________________
COWABUNGA/BOOYAKASHA DUDES!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCVP1Ls18A this music is awesome by the man himself jake "virt" kaufman |
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
I have a few friends who liked TRON: Legacy, but wouldn't check out Uprising, no matter how much I encouraged them to...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| live action films |
|
|