The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #481
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man I wish they'd sell all the figures seperately from the sets.
yeah well maybe if enough people request it who knows
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #482
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Nice Mikey keychain. Thinking about getting one of them. The splinter would be nice if I can decide what to spend $75 more on.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #483
dudeabides
Foot Soldier
 
dudeabides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
Not besides repeats of the foot, unles you want the kraang walker thing, but its not really a mini fig
Thanks for the tip. I did end up getting a half dozen other foot soldiers (somebody on ebay sold them for 3 bucks each with free shipping and different weapons on each), kraang's meca walker (he can't do much on the ground flopping around), and also a few more mousers (Splinter wasn't too scared of just the one). I wish they made Casey Jones and some classic villains like B & RS even if they aren't on the new show... yet. Would it be alright to put a pic of them up in the very cool action scene shot thread? I looked and only saw the bigger figs in there.
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #484
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Here's an ad that was in the Dutch Lego Magazine.

SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #485
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Bootlegs of the mini figures are already starting to pop up: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Frees...911510444.html
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #486
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Here's an ad that was in the Dutch Lego Magazine.

Which issue? If it's the third I didn't got it.
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #487
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey View Post
Which issue? If it's the third I didn't got it.
It was in the second issue, the third issue should come out next month.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #488
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418


New TMNT Polybag set. It's not much, but at least they are still doing more TMNT stuff.

The hope is we'll see more set announcements later this year to be released in the Dec 2013/Jan 2014 wave of stuff.

What kind of sets would you all like to see?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #489
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
^Wow that polybag is so..








Can't they release more interesting stuff?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #490
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post


New TMNT Polybag set. It's not much, but at least they are still doing more TMNT stuff.

The hope is we'll see more set announcements later this year to be released in the Dec 2013/Jan 2014 wave of stuff.

What kind of sets would you all like to see?
.....that's it? I understand it's a polybag, but....Man....

Atleast I'll get another Kraang.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #491
ToSte
Hench Mutant
 
ToSte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 419
I don't get it. Did a Kraang get ahold of the microchip that Krang used to make his exosuit grow?
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 AM   #492
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
I don't get it. Did a Kraang get ahold of the microchip that Krang used to make his exosuit grow?
it's obviously target practice for the robot, the target pins colored as the turtles are even on a table.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #493
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Yeah it's pretty... underwhelming. But think of it as an army builder.

Kinda sad, I can see these clogging up shelves. Kraang is just not a very good figure. The design doesn't translate to minifig very well. They should have given Kraang a custom head like LEGO C-3PO has. Might have helped. Unfortunately we all know how LEGO hates to create new parts unless it's something they can get a lot of use out of.

I will still get one if I see it.

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-26-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #494
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
As a HUGE LEGO fan, I think it's a great polybag...the 'turtles' are cute, and the only other set that Kraang (android) is the $60 Shellraiser. Polybags are usually $3 to $5, so it'll be easy to army build.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #495
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Yeah it's pretty... underwhelming. But think of it as an army builder.

Kinda sad, I can see these clogging up shelves. Kraang is just not a very good figure. The design doesn't translate to minifig very well. They should have given Kraang a custom head like LEGO C-3PO has. Might have helped. Unfortunately we all know how LEGO hates to create new parts unless it's something they can get a lot of use out of.

I will still get one if I see it.
A: they won't clog shelves cus I vill buy zem all! And B: Really? I'm guessing you don't know much about LEGO? They made four new hair molds for the Lone Ranger which is only gonna last one wave. For LOTR and Hobbit they've made over 25 new molds. Only a few are reused. They made many new Star Wars alien molds only used once.

(P.S. LEGO is making a DeLorean!)
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #496
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome13 View Post
A: they won't clog shelves cus I vill buy zem all! And B: Really? I'm guessing you don't know much about LEGO? They made four new hair molds for the Lone Ranger which is only gonna last one wave. For LOTR and Hobbit they've made over 25 new molds. Only a few are reused. They made many new Star Wars alien molds only used once.

(P.S. LEGO is making a DeLorean!)
They do make new pieces, particularly minifigure pieces, BUT they try to limit new pieces as much as possible. They created the new Shells for TMNT for example, because there was no other acceptable way around that. They did not create a Kraang head though or custom pieces for the mousers for example, mostly because they could get away with not doing so. They are not very important characters. If it's as easy for them to create new parts as you seem to be implying, whey didn't they create some of this stuff? As I said, they try to make things they can reuse which is only sensible. They created new robot heads for Galaxy Squad but that's an entire new line and they are probably betting on releasing quite a few sets with them. There is a lot of planning to it.

I don't know what point you are trying to make? I never denied that they don't make new pieces when needed. But they don't just make a new piece every time they think it would look cool. There is TONS of reuse and hair is actually one of the most notorious. They reuse the same hair pieces CONSTANTLY even when a new hair piece would add a lot of character to a minifig.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #497
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
It's a shame that there aren't any sets that include all four turtles. I guess that's their marketing scheme of having you buy multiple sets to get the green team together. The sets are pretty awesome, though. I never though I'd see the day that TMNT would nmake it to lego form.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #498
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
That bag set was free at Toys R Us last Saturday as part of the Lego promotions they've been doing. Basically kids get the set free and put it together in the store.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #499
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
@Zulithe I just wanted to say that they make a lot of pieces already, they don't need to make a new Kraang head when this one is fine.Hoping the bag shows up at Target sometime later on!
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #500
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I guess i'd pay 3.99 or maybe 4.99 for it... if they tried to sell it after the promo. They do these giveaways and then later they show up in stores sometimes, so it's possible. anything more and i'd feel ripped off If the minifig had some exclusive paint apps or something at least that would be enticing.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.