The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
BlisterStockboy
Foot Soldier
 
BlisterStockboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 200
Are there any designs released for the new movie?

In terms of the turtles..I just don't want them to look like garbage like they do in the new PS3/X-Box game!
BlisterStockboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
It would be nice if they release some concept art of what the Turtles could look like.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
Welmanshire
Hench Mutant
 
Welmanshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 415
I tried to get some. They are being really careful to not leak anything.
Welmanshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
If they look as good as Out of Shadows, I'll be very happy
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #5
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Out of the Shadows designs are great.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
If they look as good as Out of Shadows, I'll be very happy
Those designs are horrible. The turtles look more like dinosaurs than Turtles.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Those designs are horrible. The turtles look more like dinosaurs than Turtles.
I concur with this unfortunately
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I can't wait to see the designs. I'm actually more interested in what Splinter looks like than the Turtles.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #9
liugeaux
Hench Mutant
 
liugeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 329
Yeah people need to quit praising the art direction of Out of Shadows, we shouldn't be encouraging that type of tomfoolery.
__________________
My Blog: liugeaux.com
My Podcast!: Reality Breached
My Ninja Turtles Podcast: Shellheads: A TMNT Podcast
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
They look amazing in the new game. Out of the Shadows Designs would work great on the big screen!
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #11
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
Seems like they will have changed around the facial expressions for the turtles in the movie (to match the actors). Yet the bodies from out of shadows will be near identical to movie with minimal adjustments.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #12
MikLeo
Thug
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
Seems like they will have changed around the facial expressions for the turtles in the movie (to match the actors). Yet the bodies from out of shadows will be near identical to movie with minimal adjustments.
I image the turtles will look like these:

http://www.tmntlair.com/2013/04/19/b...ninja-turtles/
MikLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by liugeaux View Post
Yeah people need to quit praising the art direction of Out of Shadows, we shouldn't be encouraging that type of tomfoolery.
Yeah, you guys should stop having opinions.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikLeo View Post
I image the turtles will look like these:

http://www.tmntlair.com/2013/04/19/b...ninja-turtles/
I'm thinking they'll look along those lines too. The " Out Of The Shadows" look isn't really my preference but it is tolerable.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
And here I was hoping that they would look like a cross between Michael Zullis' turtles, the classic Mirage turtles, and the Argonnians from skyrim.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikLeo View Post
I image the turtles will look like these:

http://www.tmntlair.com/2013/04/19/b...ninja-turtles/
I would MUCH rather have the Out Of The Shadows designs.

PS that website sux.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #17
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
I wonder if they will have different skin tones like the OT
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #18
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
I wonder if they will have different skin tones like the OT
The turtles didn't have different colored skin in the OT. The toys, yes, but not the cartoon. It is an interesting though, though. Aside from a few subtle differences in saturation and whatnot, it's never really been done in their films before.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Considering each of the actors they’ve chosen all have a very particular look, I would assume that will translate to the designs.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #20
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Considering each of the actors they’ve chosen all have a very particular look, I would assume that will translate to the designs.
Agreed.
I would guess that these turtles' faces will look so human, that they'll still look like brothers.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.