The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did Jagwar's mom have sex with a jaguar?
She totally did. 25 62.50%
I don't think she did. 7 17.50%
I don't know WHAT to think! 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The Turtles just can't win. If they have human girlfriends, it's like ewwwww humans with mutant turtles... if they have mutant girlfriends, the creators must be furries.

Why not just have Splinter cut their balls off after mutation?
This is why people don't like female mutants, more often than not they have boobs for no real reason. Even Mona Lisa had them under her scales apparently...but at least she was human prior so maybe it made sense.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #22
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Mona made sense, due to her being a human, and her mutation was different from the standard mutagen. I did notice how April's boobs disappeared when she became a mutant turtles. She basically looked like one of the guys expect with a sharper beak, and I do believe eyelashes.

As for boobs for no real reason... Ninjara is race of foxpeople, so who's to say their females don't have boobs? How would they nurse their young? Plus, would you rather she be portrayed even more realistically and have 4 or 6 boobs (FURRIES DON'T ANSWER THAT).
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
There's no reason Ninjara would exist, at least not among the main cast, if there wasn't for:

a) Adding another notable female lead other than April

b) Sex appeal (and yes I know that's creepy but that's what Ninjara was intended for)


I can't stand furries. I can understand finding animated girls/women cute or whatever...but when the damn furries come into the equation I just can't stand it.

Its like saying if you came across a 5 foot tall humanoid wolf/cat/dog in real life that you would want to "get it on" with it. I'd be scared silly.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #24
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's no reason Ninjara would exist, at least not among the main cast, if there wasn't for:
b) Sex appeal (and yes I know that's creepy but that's what Ninjara was intended for)
Do you have a source for this fact you present so knowledgeably?
__________________
Great Typo, Unfortunate Truth:
"The once gritty, satirical, hard-hitting Turtles became cuddly, fun-loving, pizz-swirling heroes to little kids"
<Picture of a dead turtle>
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddiverse View Post
Do you have a source for this fact you present so knowledgeably?
Mind explaining why her boobs are so big? Compare her to Alopex in IDW, who has no chest at all. IDW isn't trying to sexualize Alopex (thank god), but Ninjara was the opposite:

CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Exhibit A: boobs.

Explanation: the artist drew the character with breasts of that size.
__________________
Great Typo, Unfortunate Truth:
"The once gritty, satirical, hard-hitting Turtles became cuddly, fun-loving, pizz-swirling heroes to little kids"
<Picture of a dead turtle>
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #27
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
I guess mostly since boobs help determine that the creature is indeed female. Plus she's a 90's female action comic book character. Big boobs were a must.

Alopex is in a more modern 'just cuz its female it doesn't mean she has to have big boobs' era.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I can't find it online, but wasn't there one scene in the comic where Ninajra is getting out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her, and then she shakes her fur (like a dog does when its wet), and the water all goes on Raph and he grumbles?

Isn't that another example? Why do we need to see a mutant girl wrapped in a towel getting out of the shower?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't find it online, but wasn't there one scene in the comic where Ninajra is getting out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her, and then she shakes her fur (like a dog does when its wet), and the water all goes on Raph and he grumbles?

Isn't that another example? Why do we need to see a mutant girl wrapped in a towel getting out of the shower?
...so we know she's clean? I don't know. Same reason we saw Raph step out of a shower in the Mirage comics?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #30
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I don't know. Same reason we saw Raph step out of a shower in the Mirage comics?
So, for sex appeal, then.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #31
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
They should have been showering together to conserve water. For the environment.
__________________
Great Typo, Unfortunate Truth:
"The once gritty, satirical, hard-hitting Turtles became cuddly, fun-loving, pizz-swirling heroes to little kids"
<Picture of a dead turtle>
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #32
JakeSully
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There's no reason Ninjara would exist, at least not among the main cast, if there wasn't for:

a) Adding another notable female lead other than April

b) Sex appeal (and yes I know that's creepy but that's what Ninjara was intended for)


I can't stand furries. I can understand finding animated girls/women cute or whatever...but when the damn furries come into the equation I just can't stand it.

Its like saying if you came across a 5 foot tall humanoid wolf/cat/dog in real life that you would want to "get it on" with it. I'd be scared silly.
I wouldn't be scared at all, i am a furry myself since i was 4 years old when i had a crush on Cleo from Heathcliff and Cheetara and always thought Ninjara and Mona Lisa were hot since i was a kid.

The Nostalgic Critic will explain to you what a furry is on his review of Sonic The Hedgehog.

Last edited by JakeSully; 08-09-2013 at 02:15 AM.
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #33
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
When I was a kid I pretty much "read between the lines" and figured they were implying "Choice A" without being able to show it. Then I thought that was an odd choice for a character origin in a kids book. Then I shrugged it off and had some Fritos, if I recall correctly. It was around 1991, so odds are that was the order of events, as my Fritos consumption was just about daily, by that point.

Anyways, for whatever reason that was my gut reaction, "they totally did", and for whatever reason I didn't think too much of it. It's definitely odd, but more odd because of what book it was in. More mainstream books have implied things that were about as dubious, but they were usually aimed at an older audience.

I do and did think there were people who were "furries" working on the book back then, but I never saw anything overt other than what this scene implied. None of that stuff ever bothered me; probably because they're cartoons, and people do weirder, truly disturbing and immoral sexual sh*t in real life. To me, it's a bit odd the degree to which some people will fetishize cartoon characters, furry or not; but that's all, "A bit odd". But some people choke, slap and punch each other during sex, or involve decidedly non-reproductive bodily fluids in ways that should only involve toilets, not other people; so, while I can't judge anyone for what they're into, knowing that some people are into stuff like THAT, I say if someone gets a tingle from Ninjara, then whatever, at least they're not hurting anybody. It's kind of a libertine point of view, and I can understand anyone not seeing it that way, but eh. I feel what anyone else gets a jolly from is truly not my business, as long as they don't have some kid locked in a basement somewhere.

So I went with Option A. I imagine Jagwar's mom, before her adventures in the jungle, once worked at a zoo, before getting fired for fairly obvious reasons.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #34
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Cat's have barbed penises. Goodnight.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:37 AM   #35
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703

Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #36
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior
 
Joey Kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 694
Furry art is gross. That said, the main "ethical" reason sex with animals is seen as wrong is because they can't give meaningful consent, right? I suppose a jaguar god is capable of saying yes, so it never squicked me.

I can see where people would think of Ninjara as furry-bait, and that non-canon comic where she appears adds a bit to that, but it wasn't something that crossed my mind much when I read TMNTA as a kid. Mondo and Candy made me ponder a bit though.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:59 AM   #37
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSully View Post
I wouldn't be scared at all, i am a furry myself since i was 4 years old when i had a crush on Cleo from Heathcliff and Cheetara and always thought Ninjara and Mona Lisa were hot since i was a kid.

The Nostalgic Critic will explain to you what a furry is on his review of Sonic The Hedgehog.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #38
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703

"What... the F*** is Tingle DOING?"
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
This thread took a creepy turn, but I guess we all knew it would.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #40
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSully View Post
I wouldn't be scared at all, i am a furry myself since i was 4 years old when i had a crush on Cleo from Heathcliff and Cheetara and always thought Ninjara and Mona Lisa were hot since i was a kid.

The Nostalgic Critic will explain to you what a furry is on his review of Sonic The Hedgehog.
You f**king disgust me. Why the hell would anyone advocate watching Nostalgia Critic?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mighty mutanimals


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.