The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 05:52 AM   #121
HeroTurtlesFan
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 265
Sounds interesting. I'm not adverse to the 'clothing' angle in theory. Nothing here puts me off the movie, I still can't wait to see it!
HeroTurtlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #122
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Black Nerd just posted a new Rant video about the descriptions of the TMNT 2014 toys.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305

Last edited by TigerClaw; 01-06-2014 at 02:44 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #123
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Yo. Who cares?
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #124
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
You know how much he just loooooooves Black Nerd.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #125
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Turtle movie pre release figure notes

I'm still excited, what everyone fails to mention is these are toys not post effect images from the movie.
As soon as the trailer is out we'll all laugh at how we mocked the idea of figures in clothes!
The clothes may even just be from a 5 minute scene of the film, I'm waiting for the trailer, I like the transformer films, I like pearl harbour. Bay directs the film and I'm ok with that.
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #126
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Don't get your hopes up. The clothes are very much a part of it, from what I'm told.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #127
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Bay directs the film and I'm ok with that.
How many times does it need to be said that Michael Bay isn't directing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Don't get your hopes up. The clothes are very much a part of it, from what I'm told.

Grumble. I was hoping they'd lose the clothing for some of the fight/action scenes.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #128
Vulkanthekrusader
Random Punk
 
Vulkanthekrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 43
ITs Bay so I expect them all to rock Levi's 505 jeans
Vulkanthekrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #129
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkanthekrusader View Post
ITs Bay so I expect them all to rock Levi's 505 jeans
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
How many times does it need to be said that Michael Bay isn't directing this?
Jesus of Nazareth, don't people read anymore?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #130
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
You know they don't, man.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #131
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Everything sounded good for the Turtles until the style of dress part. Mikey with a hoodie and necklace. Ugh.
totally agree. i've never been a fan of "dressed up" turtles. as i read the details, i will admit the first thing that popped up in my mind was next mutation.... i dont hate much, but the next mutation is one of the things that i hate most i'll keep my fingers crossed that the movie will feel nothing like the NM.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #132
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
I'd much prefer the exact look of all the characters from TNM

Featured in this film than their actual descriptions. At least you'd know why your getting and I didn't think it was even half bad.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #133
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
What's the matter with a gap-toothed Don?.... It's much better then having a cyborg want a be Don...
I prefer a cyborg wanna be Donetello anyday. I'm fact we kinda had that already in fast forward
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #134
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I'm a huge fan of the turtles wearing clothing. It not only makes sense that the turtle's would want to express themselves but also can add a bit of that Urban feel to the film, which I am all for.

It's just too bad they couldn't keep them all in red masks. Throw Mikey an orange jacket, Donatello some purple tech/gear, and Give Leo blue eyes or something. Just spitballin here...
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #135
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Sorry about getting my wires crossed, defending transformers 4 on another forum!
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #136
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
this might just be me being a traditionalist fanboy but the tmnt have been mostly naked for 30 years why do they need clothes now. what does that add to the concept? yeah it might help show off their individual personalitys but you know what else does that. good acting. I keep imagining some out of touch executives sitting around a table somewhere wondering how they can make the turtles more edgy and cool and buzzwords and finally one of them goes "oh I know clothes" its like that simpsons episode where they gave Malibu Stacy a new hat
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #137
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
It's all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Sorry about getting my wires crossed, defending transformers 4 on another forum!
I pretty much agree with anything involving DJ Marky Mark
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #138
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
They're already individuals !

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
this might just be me being a traditionalist fanboy but the tmnt have been mostly naked for 30 years why do they need clothes now. what does that add to the concept? yeah it might help show off their individual personalitys but you know what else does that. good acting. I keep imagining some out of touch executives sitting around a table somewhere wondering how they can make the turtles more edgy and cool and buzzwords and finally one of them goes "oh I know clothes" its like that simpsons episode where they gave Malibu Stacy a new hat
I feel the same way. You identify by personality, lingo, and orange, blue, purple, red. It's all we needed. I'm with you. I'm willing to give it a chance, cause I have no choice but I'm with you
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:53 AM   #139
TurtleMikey
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
this might just be me being a traditionalist fanboy but the tmnt have been mostly naked for 30 years why do they need clothes now. what does that add to the concept? yeah it might help show off their individual personalitys but you know what else does that. good acting. I keep imagining some out of touch executives sitting around a table somewhere wondering how they can make the turtles more edgy and cool and buzzwords and finally one of them goes "oh I know clothes" its like that simpsons episode where they gave Malibu Stacy a new hat
Same reason that Superman and Batman no longer have trunks after, combined, over a century of having them.
TurtleMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:51 AM   #140
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMikey View Post
Same reason that Superman and Batman no longer have trunks after, combined, over a century of having them.
well that's really apples and oranges. superman and batman's underwear on the outside was a leftover from the time period when they were created. somebody decided that in this day and age the trunks were outdated and unnecessary and removed them. and beyond the fact that that's the way we're used to seeing them losing the trunks takes nothing away from the characters. the turtles wearing clothes on the other hand is like adding something unnecessary. what exactly does them being clothed add to the characters beyond making the designs busier and giving the cgi guys more to do. the turtles naked or otherwise would be the same characters so this whole thing seems like some executives superfluous idea of whats" cool". now that's not to say it won't look good in execution. the movies not going to suck because the guys wear clothes now( if it sucks it'll be for a whole bunch of other reasons.) all i'm saying is if they were the way we're used to seeing them it would be the exact same movie.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.