The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 03:23 AM   #141
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
this might just be me being a traditionalist fanboy but the tmnt have been mostly naked for 30 years why do they need clothes now. what does that add to the concept? yeah it might help show off their individual personalitys but you know what else does that. good acting. I keep imagining some out of touch executives sitting around a table somewhere wondering how they can make the turtles more edgy and cool and buzzwords and finally one of them goes "oh I know clothes" its like that simpsons episode where they gave Malibu Stacy a new hat
The turtles wear clothes?

I... don't know how to feel about it. I need to see how they look first. They better not look like reject models mess.

It might be good if their clothed this time too.. they can be around Miyamoto Usagi without feeling too awkward.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:44 AM   #142
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229



"BLaaggh! Where do 'day come up with this stuff?!"
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:00 AM   #143
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Ha! Because, you know what? If the turtles walked around in trenchcoats, with their face, legs and hands exposed, people would complain about that too. It's the same disguise. People are just way more critical, these days, about things not being realistic.

These filmmakers probably asked themselves, "Why are these the only teenagers in the world who don't seek to distinguish themselves and look unigue? Why would being a turtle stop them from wearing clothes? It doesn't make sense. It looks silly." And I think that'd be right.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #144
halperin
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 56
i wonder how much social media and the ease of information being passed around affects the flim production. when scripts or photos get leaked and fans are outraged. mayhbe that changes their minds sometimes
halperin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #145
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post



"BLaaggh! Where do 'day come up with this stuff?!"
New Raph's head looks extremely proportionate to his body it looks hilarious. I really hope it's just a goofy effect for his "disuse" and they look better without the trench coat and accessories.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #146
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
haha it looks more obvious.
I mean, yea it's the same disguise... as ridiculous as it is... but yea.
The head is really small and he kinda looks like The Penguin lol
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory

Last edited by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza; 01-15-2014 at 05:08 PM.
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #147
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
hey now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
haha it looks more obvious.
I mean, yea it's the same disguise... as ridiculous as it is... but yea.
The head is really small and he kinda looks like the penguin lol
I like the original obvious one better, like you know who It is, you grew up like that, it's kinda his charm.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #148
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I laid down on my bed what felt like hours staring at the ceiling, deep in my thoughts. It's uncommon for me to have trouble sleeping, and yet here I was thinking about the turtles wearing human clothes.

I never liked them wearing unnecessary gimmick gear. For a segment or special occasions, sure. But as a default? No.

They're ninjas, surely they should inhibit a discipline lifestyle? Is this Splinter too lenient with his pupils? A unified uniform of sort for the boys would be nice but from the description it sounds like a circus mess.

Leo as a samurai, Raph with a loincloth, Don with his techy gear and footwear, and Mikey as a pimp gangsta.

I can't help but worry.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:12 PM   #149
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I laid down on my bed what felt like hours staring at the ceiling, deep in my thoughts. It's uncommon for me to have trouble sleeping, and yet here I was thinking about the turtles wearing human clothes.

I never liked them wearing unnecessary gimmick gear. For a segment or special occasions, sure. But as a default? No.

They're ninjas, surely they should inhibit a discipline lifestyle? Is this Splinter too lenient with his pupils? A unified uniform of sort for the boys would be nice but from the description it sounds like a circus mess.

Leo as a samurai, Raph with a loincloth, Don with his techy gear and footwear, and Mikey as a pimp gangsta.

I can't help but worry.

Could not have said it better
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:43 AM   #150
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
People don't have to like it, but I don't see how Mikey wearing a puka shell necklace, pants, and hoodie tied around the waist is so darned offensive. Multiple people have interpreted that as him looking like some kind of hoodlum. He sounds like a kid from Boy Meets World.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #151
allie300
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: florida...unfortunately
Posts: 20
The idea of clothing just seems superfluous to me the turtles have never needed clothes to get their individual personalities across so why start now?I'm trying to be open minded about this film but so far all the available information I've read about it and the odd casting decision's doesn't add up to a ninja turtles movie that I will enjoy.
allie300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #152
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I laid down on my bed what felt like hours staring at the ceiling, deep in my thoughts. It's uncommon for me to have trouble sleeping, and yet here I was thinking about the turtles wearing human clothes.

I never liked them wearing unnecessary gimmick gear. For a segment or special occasions, sure. But as a default? No.

They're ninjas, surely they should inhibit a discipline lifestyle? Is this Splinter too lenient with his pupils? A unified uniform of sort for the boys would be nice but from the description it sounds like a circus mess.

Leo as a samurai, Raph with a loincloth, Don with his techy gear and footwear, and Mikey as a pimp gangsta.

I can't help but worry.
Oh my god.

What the f*ck about Mikey's description is giving you idiots the impression that he's going to be a 'gangsta'?

PUKA SHELL NECKLACES ARE NOT WORN BY RAPPERS AND PIMPS! I'm starting to get offended by this racist bullsh*t that wearing a necklace of any sort means you're a urban hippity-hoppity doggie dawg.

Also, you're seriously laying in bed worrying about a goddamn movie? Get a life, man. For real.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #153
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I laid down on my bed what felt like hours staring at the ceiling, deep in my thoughts. It's uncommon for me to have trouble sleeping, and yet here I was thinking about the turtles wearing human clothes.

I never liked them wearing unnecessary gimmick gear. For a segment or special occasions, sure. But as a default? No.

They're ninjas, surely they should inhibit a discipline lifestyle? Is this Splinter too lenient with his pupils? A unified uniform of sort for the boys would be nice but from the description it sounds like a circus mess.

Leo as a samurai, Raph with a loincloth, Don with his techy gear and footwear, and Mikey as a pimp gangsta.

I can't help but worry.

This right here.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #154
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
It's just a stupid concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
This right here.
Form them to be wearing clothes and still have the trench coat look when out in public. And if I'm watching a right scene I don't wanna have Mikey thrown through the air and all I can see is an I love pink logo

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 01-16-2014 at 03:57 PM.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #155
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
The trench coat is a disguise, how are there people who don't understand that?

& I doubt Mickey is gonna be in this movie.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #156
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Hey, man, Dora is in it. Why not Mickey Mouse?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #157
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Everyone KNOWS ITS A DISGUISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The trench coat is a disguise, how are there people who don't understand that?

& I doubt Mickey is gonna be in this movie.
Jerez man, I'm saying its ridiculously that they are layering up like that. If you're gonna have clothes let that be your disguise, even the simplest of people would understand what I was saying.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #158
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
They don't need to wear a disguise in the lair. And if they don't wear their clothes under the disguise, they'll be nude when they reach their destination.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #159
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
It's been fine the past few decades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They don't need to wear a disguise in the lair. And if they don't wear their clothes under the disguise, they'll be nude when they reach their destination.
Why is it a problem now?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #160
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Because intelligent beings clothe themselves?

I mean, I don't see how one could argue against them wearing clothes. In what way is that concept at all unreasonable?
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.