![]() |
|
|
#141 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Quote:
I... don't know how to feel about it. I need to see how they look first. They better not look like reject models mess. It might be good if their clothed this time too.. they can be around Miyamoto Usagi without feeling too awkward.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#142 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
![]() ![]() "BLaaggh! Where do 'day come up with this stuff?!"
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory |
|
|
|
|
|
#143 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
Ha! Because, you know what? If the turtles walked around in trenchcoats, with their face, legs and hands exposed, people would complain about that too. It's the same disguise. People are just way more critical, these days, about things not being realistic.
These filmmakers probably asked themselves, "Why are these the only teenagers in the world who don't seek to distinguish themselves and look unigue? Why would being a turtle stop them from wearing clothes? It doesn't make sense. It looks silly." And I think that'd be right.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
|
|
#144 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 56
|
i wonder how much social media and the ease of information being passed around affects the flim production. when scripts or photos get leaked and fans are outraged. mayhbe that changes their minds sometimes
|
|
|
|
|
|
#145 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
New Raph's head looks extremely proportionate to his body it looks hilarious. I really hope it's just a goofy effect for his "disuse" and they look better without the trench coat and accessories.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#146 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
haha it looks more obvious.
I mean, yea it's the same disguise... as ridiculous as it is... but yea. The head is really small and he kinda looks like The Penguin lol
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory Last edited by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza; 01-15-2014 at 05:08 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#147 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
|
hey now
I like the original obvious one better, like you know who It is, you grew up like that, it's kinda his charm.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#148 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
I laid down on my bed what felt like hours staring at the ceiling, deep in my thoughts. It's uncommon for me to have trouble sleeping, and yet here I was thinking about the turtles wearing human clothes.
![]() I never liked them wearing unnecessary gimmick gear. For a segment or special occasions, sure. But as a default? No. They're ninjas, surely they should inhibit a discipline lifestyle? Is this Splinter too lenient with his pupils? A unified uniform of sort for the boys would be nice but from the description it sounds like a circus mess. Leo as a samurai, Raph with a loincloth, Don with his techy gear and footwear, and Mikey as a pimp gangsta. I can't help but worry. ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#149 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
|
Perfect
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#150 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
People don't have to like it, but I don't see how Mikey wearing a puka shell necklace, pants, and hoodie tied around the waist is so darned offensive. Multiple people have interpreted that as him looking like some kind of hoodlum. He sounds like a kid from Boy Meets World.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
|
|
#151 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: florida...unfortunately
Posts: 20
|
The idea of clothing just seems superfluous to me the turtles have never needed clothes to get their individual personalities across so why start now?I'm trying to be open minded about this film but so far all the available information I've read about it and the odd casting decision's doesn't add up to a ninja turtles movie that I will enjoy.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#152 | |
|
Stupid Rich
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
|
Quote:
What the f*ck about Mikey's description is giving you idiots the impression that he's going to be a 'gangsta'? PUKA SHELL NECKLACES ARE NOT WORN BY RAPPERS AND PIMPS! I'm starting to get offended by this racist bullsh*t that wearing a necklace of any sort means you're a urban hippity-hoppity doggie dawg. Also, you're seriously laying in bed worrying about a goddamn movie? Get a life, man. For real.
__________________
![]() @~<3 Mom~@ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#153 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
|
Quote:
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons." ** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#154 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
|
It's just a stupid concept
Form them to be wearing clothes and still have the trench coat look when out in public. And if I'm watching a right scene I don't wanna have Mikey thrown through the air and all I can see is an I love pink logo
Last edited by turtlefanforever; 01-16-2014 at 03:57 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#155 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
The trench coat is a disguise, how are there people who don't understand that?
& I doubt Mickey is gonna be in this movie. |
|
|
|
|
|
#156 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Hey, man, Dora is in it. Why not Mickey Mouse?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#157 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
|
Everyone KNOWS ITS A DISGUISE!
Jerez man, I'm saying its ridiculously that they are layering up like that. If you're gonna have clothes let that be your disguise, even the simplest of people would understand what I was saying.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#158 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
They don't need to wear a disguise in the lair. And if they don't wear their clothes under the disguise, they'll be nude when they reach their destination.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#159 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
|
It's been fine the past few decades
|
|
|
|
|
|
#160 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
Because intelligent beings clothe themselves?
I mean, I don't see how one could argue against them wearing clothes. In what way is that concept at all unreasonable?
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| toys |
|
|