The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #161
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Why is it a problem now?
Maybe some people are tired of seeing the same exact thing for decades at a time? CRAZY CONCEPT I KNOW.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #162
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
I wonder if they will wear custom clothes, since I'm sure it's damn near impossible to find a decent shirt or jeans that fit over a shell.

Also...
I keep thinking of these guys when I hear about them wearing clothes
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 PM   #163
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Well if you're gonna play that game

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Because intelligent beings clothe themselves?

I mean, I don't see how one could argue against them wearing clothes. In what way is that concept at all unreasonable?
Pornstars don't wear clothes and they make freaking millions for like an hour of work.

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 01-16-2014 at 05:44 PM.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #164
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Oh must be a nick turtles fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Maybe some people are tired of seeing the same exact thing for decades at a time? CRAZY CONCEPT I KNOW.
"Oh you know that concept, look, good dialog and story board every grew up loving and made us a lot of money? Well let's just take it and completely mess it all up and produce a lot of it. Quantity not quality."

Last edited by turtlefanforever; 01-16-2014 at 05:45 PM.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #165
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
If you're going to continue posting as much as you do, please follow the rules and learn to use the multi quote function.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #166
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Pornstars don't wear clothes and they make f*****g millions for like an hour of work.
That is both stupid and incorrect.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #167
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Lets just get along here

Does the idea of loin cloth really scream raph to you? Like seriously how is that him even expressing himself as an individual? Like I get Mikeys chain and sweatshirt trying to be a cool laid back teenager, I get Leo's Samaria Even though ninjas were trained and made specifically to kill Samarai's but I guess that can be forgiven, and I get the tech savey don. But can you seriously explain how that expresses raph? How is that a nice twist? I want some valid reasons.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #168
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
You're the one throwing a fit at every opportunity because things don't match up with your childhood fancies. People would be happy to get along with you if you weren't constantly bashing the Nick series.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #169
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Does the idea of loin cloth really scream raph to you? Like seriously how is that him even expressing himself as an individual? Like I get Mikeys chain and sweatshirt trying to be a cool laid back teenager, I get Leo's Samaria Even though ninjas were trained and made specifically to kill Samarai's but I guess that can be forgiven, and I get the tech savey don. But can you seriously explain how that expresses raph? How is that a nice twist? I want some valid reasons.
Samurai. Wore. Loincloths.

__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #170
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Also, you're seriously laying in bed worrying about a goddamn movie? Get a life, man. For real.
You're telling him to get a life? You have 10,000+ posts on a Ninja Turtles forum. Leave him alone. Get real, man.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #171
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
You're telling him to get a life? You have 10,000+ posts on a Ninja Turtles forum. Leave him alone. Get real, man.
Nothing but respect here man.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 PM   #172
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Here it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Samurai. Wore. Loincloths.
Samurai and ninjas are total opposites. They are literally enmities. Ninja were created to defeat the Samurai, and that doesn't explain how that expresses Ralph at all. Explain it. That's not an explanation there's a logical explanation for everyone besides him. Seriously give me some reasons and explain, you're not saying anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You're the one throwing a fit at every opportunity because things don't match up with your childhood fancies. People would be happy to get along with you if you weren't constantly bashing the Nick series.
I'm not though, you're the ones that have the problem cause someone see's how crappy that show is. I asked a question on one thread which no one even answered you proclaimed "defending your show" so when you say how much better your show is or how crappy aspects of the original and 2k3 series are then I'll just defend mine. You wanna get along then don't bash others yourself. It's done with. Just move on everyone
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #173
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
You're the ones that have the problem cause someone see's how crappy that show is.
And yet there you go again with the bashing.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #174
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
You're telling him to get a life? You have 10,000+ posts on a Ninja Turtles forum. Leave him alone. Get real, man.
I spend maybe 5 minutes a day on this site. I don't know about you but typing up a post takes me 10 seconds. I'm hardly sitting here for hours at a time.

I'm definitely not losing sleep and worrying about Ninja Turtles having pants.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #175
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
No need to bash him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I spend maybe 5 minutes a day on this site. I don't know about you but typing up a post takes me 10 seconds. I'm hardly sitting here for hours at a time.

I'm definitely not losing sleep and worrying about Ninja Turtles having pants.
So what if he loves the franchise and thinks about it a lot. He's not the only one. There's others like him, he won't be the last. Don't need to tell him to get a life man.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #176
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I spend maybe 5 minutes a day on this site. I don't know about you but typing up a post takes me 10 seconds. I'm hardly sitting here for hours at a time.
Sure you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I'm definitely not losing sleep and worrying about Ninja Turtles having pants.
Whatever you feel about it, you shouldn't put him down, put yourself above him or talk to him like that.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #177
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Words for the wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
Sure you do.



Whatever you feel about it, you shouldn't put him down, put yourself above him or talk to him like that.
Got nothing but love for ya man. No being should be held in higher content than another, man or animal. We all bleed, we all breath, just be peaceful.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #178
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 605
If Raph wears a loin cloth, does that mean we have potential for full frontal turtle nudity?
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #179
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
If Raph wears a loin cloth, does that mean we have potential for full frontal turtle nudity?


noo~ I don't think so XD

I mean Mikey is only wearing a hoodie around his waist XD that wouldn't cover up much.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #180
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
I guess we don't really know at this point exactly what the characterisation/personality of Raph will be like in the movie. Maybe he is a loincloth guy. I wouldn't have thought he would be a gruff talking hard-ass before I saw the first movie. I'm sure people who were familiar with the comics at the time were surprised that he was a wise-cracking jokester in the animated series.

More on loincloths - I think it must have be a recent character design trend. The loinclothening... or something.

Check out the evolution of the character designs in the Mortal Kombat games. In the beginning, there were a few loincloths; in the later games, everyone had one, and they were getting longer and longer. They scaled back a bit on MK9 I think. Someone should prepare MK loincloth chart (not me, I'm bored enough already).
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.