The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: ...all that hype for that?
I still can't believe that evil witch is your daughter. Um, sorry to be so honest... 16 10.96%
The Cheesephone! Truly an Emergency... 77 52.74%
You're inside the worm?! You get a signal in there? 7 4.79%
I heard rumors it was another mutant; part woman, part tuna, all lover.. 15 10.27%
It's Us! ...why do we look like dorks? 31 21.23%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #61
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant
 
MCLeo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 313
Rahzar seeming slow?

Didn't watch, but I guess that makes sense as Mikey and the others are getting progressively stronger and can even handle Giant Mutant Rats on their own.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #62
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
As someone else pointed out, Xever doesn't seem to be much of a threat anymore. Before he mutated, he was tearing the turtles up. Now he offers refreshments? Wasn't Xever supposed to be a rage filled maniac who fought anyone or was ready to kill?

And the rest of Season 2 sounds great. But why is Slash teaming up with Newtralizer? It seemed like Slash wasn't going to fight the turtles anymore after he was saved by them. But then again, he only focused on Raph again. Well, it should be interesting to see to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingMutagen View Post
Well Slash and Newtie are the most likely bad guys to switch sides apart from Karai.

And yeah, I wish Rahzar and Fishface were threats, I mean, Rahzar looks shorter than last time and is much slower, and Fishface was no threat either.
honestly, xever looked like he was scared of tiger claw and when xever said that refreshment bit 2 tigerclaw, I was expecting tigerclaw 2 say "yeah, u look tasty"

newtralizer isn't really a bad guy, they just fought cause of a misunderstanding and I can see y slash would team up w/ newtralizer
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:18 PM   #63
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Curious as to who took tiger claws tail.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #64
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier
 
Jon_Talbain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingMutagen View Post
Well Slash and Newtie are the most likely bad guys to switch sides apart from Karai.

And yeah, I wish Rahzar and Fishface were threats, I mean, Rahzar looks shorter than last time and is much slower, and Fishface was no threat either.

Tiger Claw was just slightly below Splinter and Shredder in skill I think.
I see, well I hope they do team up with the turtles in the end. When Chris Bradford and Xever were first introduced, they were a huge threat. They seemed much more capable as humans. However, I thought once Bradford became Rahzar, he could defeat the turtles all by himself. At least, that is how Nick made it seem at first.

But now, Fishface and Rahzar are seeming way too much like Bebop and Rocksteady. Mikey was dodging and fighting Rahzar ALONE like it was easy. That is a huge nerf on Rahzar. Mikey couldn't even beat Dogpound alone. And that could be true about Tiger Claw, I mean he does seem very skilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
Rahzar seeming slow?

Didn't watch, but I guess that makes sense as Mikey and the others are getting progressively stronger and can even handle Giant Mutant Rats on their own.
Yes, Rahzar got nerfed hard. I can agree that the turtles may be improving, but Mikey should have still been at his limit. Nick is making Rahzar seem like a joke now and I didn't see that coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
honestly, xever looked like he was scared of tiger claw and when xever said that refreshment bit 2 tigerclaw, I was expecting tigerclaw 2 say "yeah, u look tasty"

newtralizer isn't really a bad guy, they just fought cause of a misunderstanding and I can see y slash would team up w/ newtralizer
Heh, the cat eating a fish bit could make Xever a bit more afraid, I can understand that. And I see....well I do look forward to see the interaction between Newtralizer and Slash.
__________________


A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #65
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
that episode was...............crazy?
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #66
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Perfect Mid-Season Finale!

'The Manhattan Project' is now my absolute FAVOURITE Episode of Nickelodeon's TMNT!

Just....soooooo many Awesome moments and Perfect executions of these brilliant ideas that the writers had. In fact, the writing was at it's peak here with a perfect balance of comedy, action and plot progression. I feel like this is a turning point for the entire series, we had a fantastic B-plot that was actually as great as the A-plot! Not a single moment dragged in this 40-Minute Special. It got even more intense than 'The Gauntlet' while being just as clever with it. LOVED this Episode!

Now for the Spoilers, just because I can't stop thinking about this Amazing 2-parter:

Spoiler:
Where most 2-partners usually drag to add a another minute of exposition, this one gets straight to the action with Karai and The Foot Clan hunting the Turtles. This was a much-appreciated way to start the special because it already pumps the viewers up to the extreme! Another awesome scene was the whole Dimensions Teleporting scene where we got to see these awesome designs such as Dimension X. This also paved the way for an amazing action scene as the turtles split up and we get to see the different plot points brilliantly intertwine. Great character development for Leo, Splinter, Mike and Donny. Especially Splinter who I was surprised to see quickly aid his sons topside as opposed to finding another excuse not to go. The only one I was disappointed with was Raph who for some reason needs to argue and bicker with Leo like a little child. Didn't we develop from this character trope already? Anyway, the whole Chase scene with the Worms was Awesome and when Casey got swallowed by the giant Worm, my jaw hit the floor. Same thing happened when Splinter was posoined and left to die at the hands of The Shredder; Great return for this villain btw. Speaking of villains, Tiger Claw is a complete BADASS! Love how the show keeps raising the stakes with all these powerful villains that are deeply intriguing at the same time. Splinter fighting for his son till the last breath was just captivating and very inspiring. Karai had a great dilemma as well that linked to the Turtles story. This was probably one of the more serious episodes of Season 2 but that doesn't stop the most hilarious, Surreal, Amazing, Greatest Cameo/Ending to an Animated TV Episode I've ever seen:

The 80's Turtles Ending. Just, wow! I really wish they didn't advertise this because EVERYONE's jaw would've hit the floor! The fact that they got the real voice actors while having the Classic Turtles jump off the building with an Iconic pose AND FINALLY SHOUTING "COWABUNGA" really ended the episode well. There's even a bit of canon info added to the OT Series as the random monsters that appeared are now explained to be Dimension hopping from different Turtle universes. That was really clever and a great side-joke!


(10/10) for 'The Manhatten Project'
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #67
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant
 
MCLeo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 313
@Jon Talbain

Wait, so Mikey was fighting Rahzar on his own? That hardly makes any sense because he could effortless take down 3 turtles all on his own.

Now I'm really anxious. So anxious that I might watch the episode soon.

P.S. Mikey during Shellacne could fight Dogpound on his own.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #68
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier
 
Jon_Talbain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
@Jon Talbain

Wait, so Mikey was fighting Rahzar on his own? That hardly makes any sense because he could effortless take down 3 turtles all on his own.

Now I'm really anxious. So anxious that I might watch the episode soon.

P.S. Mikey during Shellacne could fight Dogpound on his own.
Yes, it couldn't even be called a fight. Mikey was just dodging and playing with Rahzar. And Mikey did fight Dogpound to a certain extent, but remember Mikey got punched to the ceiling by Dogpound too. And Mikey and other others were terrified of Dogpound at first. It is just a downward spiral for Bradford so far.
__________________


A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #69
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
@Jon Talbain

Wait, so Mikey was fighting Rahzar on his own? That hardly makes any sense because he could effortless take down 3 turtles all on his own.

Now I'm really anxious. So anxious that I might watch the episode soon.

P.S. Mikey during Shellacne could fight Dogpound on his own.
it was more like....Dodging with style.

They all were having trouble.....Raph and Mikey weren't totally fighting.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #70
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
I thought Leo did pretty well considering the circumstances. But they better improve fast cause Tiger Claw seems like he's just a notch below Shredder and Splinter.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #71
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Wow this episode was wicked, best episode so far(has knocked Slash and Destroy off the top of my list).

It had lots of fight scenes and the episode was emotional and intence. I was at the edge of my seat throughout.

I wasn't realy crazy on the 80s Turtles cameo but i'm glad they used the original voice actors.

Spoiler:

Good fight scene at the start of the episode, It was great seeing Karai, Fishface and Rahzar again.
When the brick tower fell on to Leo, I really thought he was going to be hurt but he was ok. (obviously foreshadowing that Leo will get hurt in future episode)

Splinter finally tells the other Turtles that Karai is his daughter. Karai just didn't want to know the truth when Leo and Splinter tried to tell her.

Laughed at the News reporters messed up hair and the 'Cheese Phone' (I want one) and then later Casey getting a good phone signal inside the space worm.

Tigerclaw is so badass, loved the fight between him and Splinter and talking in Japanese. I thought Tiger Claw broke Leo arm.

Getting teased with more April/Donny and April/Casey moments
Loved that Donny was conforting April when they thought Casey got eaten also Donny protecting April when the space worm was going over them.
Kurtzman and the Biotroids return.
The spaceworms were so weired and they had faces in their tails.

Splinter getting hit with a dart with poison in it making him weak and could of killed him and then Shedder nearly kills him (but gets stopped by Karai) was pretty dark

Poor Mikey hurt his arm, it was good seeing him becoming more serious.
The final fight scene was awesome, loved their reactions to seeing April and Casey riding the space worm.

Tiger Claw getting swallowed by the Space Worm, I expect he will be back for more episodes.

I'm wondering that is those storyboards that leaked a few weeks back are real.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #72
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Spoiler:
First off I love Don's reaction to seeing OT April "Nice...jumpsuit!" Riight Donnie... it's the jumpsuit.

So um... the Tazelworm from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is the source of the ooze?? Ooze is Tazelworm milk? The tiny one was freaky with that face. Loved it tho when April decided to play Muadib and ride the worm. *lol*
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #73
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
soooooo....

....is TigerClaw stuck in the OT world......cause the worm ate him....and it got sucked into the OT world......

...so?
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #74
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
soooooo....

....is TigerClaw stuck in the OT world......cause the worm ate him....and it got sucked into the OT world......

...so?
Hmm. I was wondering about that as well..

Tiger Claw is the coolest new villain addition to TMNT lore. Going to be very hard for any other villains introduced in this show to top him.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #75
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
soooooo....

....is TigerClaw stuck in the OT world......cause the worm ate him....and it got sucked into the OT world......

...so?
Sure. He even mutated further (gaining 2 more arms) and changed his name to Katmandu...

__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #76
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
soooooo....

....is TigerClaw stuck in the OT world......cause the worm ate him....and it got sucked into the OT world......

...so?
Maybe he'll somehow find a way back to the 2k12 dimension later on?
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #77
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Wait, so this was the episode with the 80's TMNT cameo? And it's online already but won't air on TV for two weeks? o__o

...I feel like crying inconsolably, since the Nick site doesn't want to load for me. TT_TT Does anyone have some screencaps at least?
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #78
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
Wait, so this was the episode with the 80's TMNT cameo? And it's online already but won't air on TV for two weeks? o__o

...I feel like crying inconsolably, since the Nick site doesn't want to load for me. TT_TT Does anyone have some screencaps at least?
It's on Itunes as well if you want to purchase it.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #79
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
Mikey being able to take on Rahzar just means that Mikey's skills as a fighter is improving. The more he fights the better he's going to get, he's gonna end up becoming a little bad ass.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #80
TurFlytle
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 534
I love how Shredder says "Bradford, you look horrible."
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.