The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: ...all that hype for that?
I still can't believe that evil witch is your daughter. Um, sorry to be so honest... 16 10.96%
The Cheesephone! Truly an Emergency... 77 52.74%
You're inside the worm?! You get a signal in there? 7 4.79%
I heard rumors it was another mutant; part woman, part tuna, all lover.. 15 10.27%
It's Us! ...why do we look like dorks? 31 21.23%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #101
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
I thought he was a billed a ninja assassin.

Anyone else feel like the '87 cartoon tease suggested more to come since the worm leaked into their dimension? Or is it wishful thinking? Seeing '87 casey Jones was only for that earlier peak. I was hoping for Pat Fraley to voice him and a joke directed to the teen Casey on what he could become.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #102
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant
 
MCLeo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
Yes, it couldn't even be called a fight. Mikey was just dodging and playing with Rahzar. And Mikey did fight Dogpound to a certain extent, but remember Mikey got punched to the ceiling by Dogpound too. And Mikey and other others were terrified of Dogpound at first. It is just a downward spiral for Bradford so far.
That is true, but again, how is a small turtle going to do with a nunchuck against a mutant with a giant fist? There was no way Mikey was going to do anything there.

But yes, I agree with you. Every time we see Bradford, he gets some sort of nerf excluding Rahzar and his fight against the 3 turtles in Shellacne.

Of course, I'm thinking Rahzar got shorter for the same reason Dogpound did. To make them more menacing. Dogpound literally towered over them at the Initial appearance. Now, in ShellAcne, you could tell he was only a head taller than the turtles. The decision of shortening Rahzar just equates to him becoming less menacing. Tbh, I'm not at all surprised that Rahzar was going to be nerfed and makes sense given the circumstances of bringing in Tiger Claw, no matter how ridiculous it seems.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #103
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I agree with you on all of this. Plus both Rahzar and Xever seemed to have become too subservient, I'd thought they have a bit more 'fight' in them. And you are right, Razzy got nerfed.

Lastly I was also puzzled by Xever's comment- has he accepted being a fish now, with his remark about a 'tuna woman?' I'd kind of hoped he would still strive to be human again.
We were also disappointed to see the nerf. Rahzar is far from defeated though. I'm sure he'll get his chance to rip his place into Turtles 2012 history soon enough. Hoping there are some great episodes and sceens left for Rahzar for the remainder of the season. I think he needs to drink more milk. That's what ya get for not doing the health nut thing, big guy.

I wonder if TigerClaw would ever team up with the turtles over time. Loving his character so far, but would like a sceen or two some day with him using his weaponry on the side of green. Wondering who sliced off his tail?

Hoping no one screwed up by putting this ep on iTunes and the Nick sight early. Doubt it, but the thought has crossed my mind. Does anyone know how all that works? Just curious.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #104
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Definitely! He had a jet pack as well didn't he? Fiance says she thought she saw him using one of those. I mentioned Boba prior to that, so she might have had Mandalorian armor on the brain.
Yeah he had a jet pack and both of them are skilled hunters.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #105
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
We were also disappointed to see the nerf. Rahzar is far from defeated though. I'm sure he'll get his chance to rip his place into Turtles 2012 history soon enough. Hoping there are some great episodes and sceens left for Rahzar for the remainder of the season. I think he needs to drink more milk. That's what ya get for not doing the health nut thing, big guy.
I hope so. He has the potential to be awesome and I hope that doesn't get taken away. One thing I noticed though, did you catch that it seems that it's mainly Shredder that calls him (and Fishface) by their real names? Everyone else calls them Rahzar and Fishface (including Karai) but it's as if he doesn't think of them through their nicknames, but as people who work for him. I'm kind of hoping that he drops the overt subservience soon, and return to the big dangerous meanie he could be.

Although with Bradford, can he still drink anything anymore? He doesn't have cheeks any longer, and I imagine eating (and drinking) would get messy, very fast.


Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
I wonder if TigerClaw would ever team up with the turtles over time. Loving his character so far, but would like a sceen or two some day with him using his weaponry on the side of green. Wondering who sliced off his tail?
We''ll find out if he does, but it's kind of a bummer that we'll have to wait so long for any of this.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #106
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Is it me or was Rahzar throwing his blade fingers around like ninja stars?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #107
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Nobody mention Casey's ringtone bring a stage from Manhatten project.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #108
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Is it me or was Rahzar throwing his blade fingers around like ninja stars?
It wasn't just you, I noticed it too. Although I think those were spikes from the tops of his hands, but I can't be sure.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #109
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Nobody mention Casey's ringtone bring a stage from Manhatten project.
I thought it sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. Does anybody have an audio clip of the ringtone?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #110
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
It wasn't just you, I noticed it too. Although I think those were spikes from the tops of his hands, but I can't be sure.
That makes more sense actually.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #111
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I wonder if the animation errors in the last minute were intentional or not...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #112
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
By far best episode in this series.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #113
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
My new desktop background:
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #114
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
okay but, when did Splinter get that cheese phone?
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #115
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
am i the only one slightly disappointed with the episode? i mean it was cool and all but i expected to see more of the 80s turtles, i mean they way they kept talking about it, i thought the 80s turtles would come into the nick dimension or the nick turtles would end up in theirs.. i wanted more, not just 2 tiny scenes..
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #116
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
am i the only one slightly disappointed with the episode? i mean it was cool and all but i expected to see more of the 80s turtles, i mean they way they kept talking about it, i thought the 80s turtles would come into the nick dimension or the nick turtles would end up in theirs.. i wanted more, not just 2 tiny scenes..
theres bound 2 be more involving them l8r on, don't forgot about how nick don will end up saying a few words 2 80s raph
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 PM   #117
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant
 
MCLeo28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
We were also disappointed to see the nerf. Rahzar is far from defeated though. I'm sure he'll get his chance to rip his place into Turtles 2012 history soon enough. Hoping there are some great episodes and sceens left for Rahzar for the remainder of the season. I think he needs to drink more milk. That's what ya get for not doing the health nut thing, big guy.

I wonder if TigerClaw would ever team up with the turtles over time. Loving his character so far, but would like a sceen or two some day with him using his weaponry on the side of green. Wondering who sliced off his tail?

Hoping no one screwed up by putting this ep on iTunes and the Nick sight early. Doubt it, but the thought has crossed my mind. Does anyone know how all that works? Just curious.
Not sure, but I doubt it. It was specifically said that we would be able to see it exclusively, possibly hinting that it was on purpose.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #118
Gabriel GP
Foot Soldier
 
Gabriel GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 176
I liked pretty much of the episode, but I start to think that or the turtles and Splinter are getting too overpower, or the shredder and the foot are becoming too weak, for god's sake, not even with tiger claw, the foot was able to take down a single turtle properly. And more and more it appears that Splinter is much more strong than Shredder.

Everybody keep saying that the turtles needs more allies, but I think exactly the opposite, I think that they need a enemy that can take even splinter down. Or maybe they could at least, turn a turtle bad, ala idw's Leo.
__________________
Gabriel GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #119
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel GP View Post
I liked pretty much of the episode, but I start to think that or the turtles and Splinter are getting too overpower, or the shredder and the foot are becoming too weak, for god's sake, not even with tiger claw, the foot was able to take down a single turtle properly. And more and more it appears that Splinter is much more strong than Shredder.

Everybody keep saying that the turtles needs more allies, but I think exactly the opposite, I think that they need a enemy that can take even splinter down. Or maybe they could at least, turn a turtle bad, ala idw's Leo.
Been sailing that ship since season one only now can I sale tickets.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #120
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel GP View Post
I liked pretty much of the episode, but I start to think that or the turtles and Splinter are getting too overpower, or the shredder and the foot are becoming too weak, for god's sake, not even with tiger claw, the foot was able to take down a single turtle properly. And more and more it appears that Splinter is much more strong than Shredder.

Everybody keep saying that the turtles needs more allies, but I think exactly the opposite, I think that they need a enemy that can take even splinter down. Or maybe they could at least, turn a turtle bad, ala idw's Leo.
I wouldn't mind them facing an evil Leo, or I was thinking some thing like what happened in the Slade arc of the Teen Titans only with Tiger Claw and Leo.

I wasn't expecting much from the 80s turtles this special, in an interview they said they'd only have a cameo this time. Hopefully they'll get more later on.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.