The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: ...all that hype for that?
I still can't believe that evil witch is your daughter. Um, sorry to be so honest... 16 10.96%
The Cheesephone! Truly an Emergency... 77 52.74%
You're inside the worm?! You get a signal in there? 7 4.79%
I heard rumors it was another mutant; part woman, part tuna, all lover.. 15 10.27%
It's Us! ...why do we look like dorks? 31 21.23%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #121
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
Loved the episode! Tiger Claw and Splinter's fights were awesome. I loved the subtitles too. It gave it an old martial arts flick sort of of a feel. Also did anyone else notice that Baxter was wearing the mutagen collar at the first of the ep but when they showed up with Splinter and the Turtles at Shredder's lair he wasn't wearing it anymore? I wonder if that was just an oversight on behalf of the animators? I'm loving all the focus on Splinter here lately. Any time it shows him fighting you know you are in for a treat.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #122
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
A treat for my fellow members


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWPdC9T9rw

To those who wish to wait it is a scene of the 80's turtles.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #123
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Even if I hadn't been told beforehand, I would have definitely been able to tell that Eric Bauza voiced Tiger Claw. It's nearly identical to Lord Takagami in Dick Figures: The Movie, but with less stereotypical infliction.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:42 AM   #124
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
A treat for my fellow members


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWPdC9T9rw

To those who wish to wait it is a scene of the 80's turtles.
I rewatched that scene so many times, lol. Maybe we can get 2k12 scale OT Turtle figures with happy faces....
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:42 AM   #125
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Great episode! Loved the storyline, Splinter fighting, cheese phone, Kevin Eastman, and the best: THE 1987 TURTLES! But faaaar better than what Turtles Forever did. I love the animation errors they did on purpose. And the original voice actors 10/10!
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:41 AM   #126
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
iTunes removed the paragraph that contains plot details for the future Season 2 episodes. You can still find it in the first post, but I've added a disclaimer for anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled. It's not TOO revealing but it does take away some of the surprise about what those episodes are about.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:38 AM   #127
Gwydion
Hench Mutant
 
Gwydion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Nobody mention Casey's ringtone bring a stage from Manhatten project.
After seeing this post, I went back to listen to it again, but it's a really short clip and I just can't make it out. This is going to drive me crazy - which stage was it from?
__________________
Gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #128
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey View Post
Great episode! Loved the storyline, Splinter fighting, cheese phone, Kevin Eastman, and the best: THE 1987 TURTLES! But faaaar better than what Turtles Forever did. I love the animation errors they did on purpose. And the original voice actors 10/10!
I wouldn't say so. The animation didn't seem all that faithful to any of the Fred Wolf episodes but I didn't think it would be given it being a small cameo.

The characterization didn't seem all that different to Turtles Forever. The 80s turtles never jumped fom rooftops and it seems they were all as equally into pizza with Leo's line giving importance to "then we'll order pizza" and catchphrases with Donatello saying "turtle power" and all of them yelling cowabunga which is how Turtles Forever handled them.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #129
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurFlytle View Post
I love how Shredder says "Bradford, you look horrible."
I love that remark. Bradford's actually improved and evolved, and yet Shredder just looked at him like he's an ugly doormat.

I enjoy this episode, loads of hugs. Love the cheesephone. The OT turtles cameo was fun, are we going to see them next episode?

... I doubt it. Maybe this is the special episode they're talking about. I like it regardless. The OT voice actors sounded exactly the same! (well, duh')

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 03-03-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #130
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier
 
Jon_Talbain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
That is true, but again, how is a small turtle going to do with a nunchuck against a mutant with a giant fist? There was no way Mikey was going to do anything there.

But yes, I agree with you. Every time we see Bradford, he gets some sort of nerf excluding Rahzar and his fight against the 3 turtles in Shellacne.

Of course, I'm thinking Rahzar got shorter for the same reason Dogpound did. To make them more menacing. Dogpound literally towered over them at the Initial appearance. Now, in ShellAcne, you could tell he was only a head taller than the turtles. The decision of shortening Rahzar just equates to him becoming less menacing. Tbh, I'm not at all surprised that Rahzar was going to be nerfed and makes sense given the circumstances of bringing in Tiger Claw, no matter how ridiculous it seems.
But that is just it, Mikey should be doing even worse against Rahzar than he would against Dogpound. Rahzar could pick up Mikey with one hand and he honestly could have decapitated him or done anything he wanted. But instead, he just threw him. I understand that plot armor is needed for main characters, but they could have at least let Rahzar try to slash him.

And that does make a lot of sense. The camera angle and shots could just make Rahzar appear much taller for dramatic effect. I wasn't expecting Tiger Claw to be that big either. It is a great detail when showing Shredder walk first and see his height to everyone, and then Tiger Claw comes and looms over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
We were also disappointed to see the nerf. Rahzar is far from defeated though. I'm sure he'll get his chance to rip his place into Turtles 2012 history soon enough. Hoping there are some great episodes and sceens left for Rahzar for the remainder of the season. I think he needs to drink more milk. That's what ya get for not doing the health nut thing, big guy.

I wonder if TigerClaw would ever team up with the turtles over time. Loving his character so far, but would like a sceen or two some day with him using his weaponry on the side of green. Wondering who sliced off his tail?

Hoping no one screwed up by putting this ep on iTunes and the Nick sight early. Doubt it, but the thought has crossed my mind. Does anyone know how all that works? Just curious.
I also hope to see more from Rahzar. He is just being thrown in the background now and he could easily be a much better character. Fishface got a new weapon and we didn't even really get to see him use it much. I also hope we get a back story on Tiger Claw and see what his motivations really are.

I am still wondering why Nick put up the episode early too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I hope so. He has the potential to be awesome and I hope that doesn't get taken away. One thing I noticed though, did you catch that it seems that it's mainly Shredder that calls him (and Fishface) by their real names? Everyone else calls them Rahzar and Fishface (including Karai) but it's as if he doesn't think of them through their nicknames, but as people who work for him. I'm kind of hoping that he drops the overt subservience soon, and return to the big dangerous meanie he could be.

Although with Bradford, can he still drink anything anymore? He doesn't have cheeks any longer, and I imagine eating (and drinking) would get messy, very fast.

We''ll find out if he does, but it's kind of a bummer that we'll have to wait so long for any of this.
You bring up a great point, that is interesting that he used their true names. I thought Rahzar would try to take the head of the clan himself, so when he shut up when Karai simply told him to, I was disappointed. I wanted him to talk back, growl, do SOMETHING, not just act like a lackey. He is a super mutant now after all.

And the drinking comment and Bradford's cheeks made me laugh way too hard. That is some mutation, wow. No cheeks? That could be a funny scene in itself. Showing Rahzar trying to eat and drink and getting frustrated.
__________________


A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #131
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Aww, I think Shredder calls the henchmutants by their human names because he judges with his heart and not with hihahahaha! Seriously though, that's an interesting point. Probably reminding them of who they used to be to break their spirits. Perhaps to cause them to live under the elusion that he just might have a cure somewhere. He might also call them by their human names because he might think Mikey's mutant sobriquets sound ridiculous. I like em, but you know Shredder. He's a no nonsense kind of guy. He does use TigerClaw's, however. Guess we'll probably not be finding out what his real name is. Speaking of TC, wondering where he got his Tastee Freez gun. Kraang weaponry maybe?

Shredder's comment to Rahzar when he returned cracked me up. Saki really needs to work on his social skills. "Bradford, you look terrible." Oh yeah, Saki? What about you? You looked in the mirror lately?
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.

Last edited by blindturtle02; 03-03-2014 at 12:40 PM.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #132
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier
 
Jon_Talbain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Aww, I think Shredder calls the henchmutants by their human names because he judges with his heart and not with hihahahaha! Seriously though, that's an interesting point. Probably reminding them of who they used to be to break their spirits. Perhaps to cause them to live under the elusion that he just might have a cure somewhere. He might also call them by their human names because he might think Mikey's mutant sobriquets sound ridiculous. I like em, but you know Shredder. He's a no nonsense kind of guy.
When you put it that way, it would seem almost ridiculous to hear Shredder call them by a name Mikey made up. Also, why did Rahzar still seem like a sick, abandoned puppy when Shredder finally came back? He would barely even look at Shredder, then looked away, looked to the ground, then weakly said "Master...Shredder...: What was all that about?
__________________


A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #133
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
When you put it that way, it would seem almost ridiculous to hear Shredder call them by a name Mikey made up. Also, why did Rahzar still seem like a sick, abandoned puppy when Shredder finally came back? He would barely even look at Shredder, then looked away, looked to the ground, then weakly said "Master...Shredder...: What was all that about?
Hmm, Rahzar knows Karai has taken on the turtles more than once since Shredder has been gone and failed. I want to say he and Fishface reminded her on two ocasions that papa Saki said to leave the turtles alone until he returned. Embarrassed that he couldn't keep the kid in line, maybe?
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #134
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Great episode, I thought TigerClaw was great too, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him. Great fight scenes too.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #135
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant
 
LivingMutagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In a canister
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Great episode, I thought TigerClaw was great too, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of him. Great fight scenes too.
Were you TigerClaw on the livestream (Skits' livestream)? I was name.
__________________
by Martinf
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #136
Ninjawolf
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 96
can anyone post a link to the stream? Nick's not loading for me and I can't afford iTunes...
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #137
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier
 
Jon_Talbain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Hmm, Rahzar knows Karai has taken on the turtles more than once since Shredder has been gone and failed. I want to say he and Fishface reminded her on two ocasions that papa Saki said to leave the turtles alone until he returned. Embarrassed that he couldn't keep the kid in line, maybe?
Ah I see, that could definitely be it.
__________________


A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #138
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
But that is just it, Mikey should be doing even worse against Rahzar than he would against Dogpound. Rahzar could pick up Mikey with one hand and he honestly could have decapitated him or done anything he wanted. But instead, he just threw him. I understand that plot armor is needed for main characters, but they could have at least let Rahzar try to slash him.
Agreed. Being a super mutant should give a dude a lot more of an edge, instead of just making him look different. All four Turtles should be fighting against him to take him down, otherwise it makes being a supermutant seem no more special then being a regular one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
And that does make a lot of sense. The camera angle and shots could just make Rahzar appear much taller for dramatic effect. I wasn't expecting Tiger Claw to be that big either. It is a great detail when showing Shredder walk first and see his height to everyone, and then Tiger Claw comes and looms over them.
I wonder what Rahzar's height will be listed as when his toy comes out? I think on Turtlepedia it's listed as 6' something, but on Shellacne it looked very much like he was about 8-9 feet tall.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
I also hope to see more from Rahzar. He is just being thrown in the background now and he could easily be a much better character. Fishface got a new weapon and we didn't even really get to see him use it much. I also hope we get a back story on Tiger Claw and see what his motivations really are.

I am still wondering why Nick put up the episode early too.
That's why it's bugging me that after this, Nick is having a mini hiatus and that it won't be a for a while until we see if this overtly subservient persona holds up. I have some small hope remaining that he still does play a bigger role (if I am remembering right of what I've heard) and that he gets a lot more dangerous.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
You bring up a great point, that is interesting that he used their true names. I thought Rahzar would try to take the head of the clan himself, so when he shut up when Karai simply told him to, I was disappointed. I wanted him to talk back, growl, do SOMETHING, not just act like a lackey. He is a super mutant now after all.
That's what surprised me too, especially when before he would get an angry look of hate on his face whenever she talked down at him, and even warned her once something like "I can still tear you apart." He looked quite out of character when he easily backed down like that. If it was in character, he would have had a line like this:

"Don't tempt me Karai. If it wasn't for my loyalty to the Shredder, I would rip you apart."



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
And the drinking comment and Bradford's cheeks made me laugh way too hard. That is some mutation, wow. No cheeks? That could be a funny scene in itself. Showing Rahzar trying to eat and drink and getting frustrated.
I remember an old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where calvin imagines he was irradiated and his flesh turned all translucent except for his bones, and his narration said something like "That while this could be advantageous towards any medical diagnosis, this also could make any mealtime for other people into a disgusting ordeal." I don't think that would be delightful to see, and odds are he has to eat in another room.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #139
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
A treat for my fellow members


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWPdC9T9rw

To those who wish to wait it is a scene of the 80's turtles.
THANK YOU! I can wait to see the episode itself (getting pretty used to that), but this, this I just had to go ahead and see. And while it's no Turtles Forever, just hearing the original guys back again even in something like this, is just plain awesome.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #140
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingMutagen View Post
Were you TigerClaw on the livestream (Skits' livestream)? I was name.
Livestream? What livestream? And nope, I wasn't that TigerClaw, Which unfortunately there are more then one TigerClaw out there. hah
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.