The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: ...all that hype for that?
I still can't believe that evil witch is your daughter. Um, sorry to be so honest... 16 10.96%
The Cheesephone! Truly an Emergency... 77 52.74%
You're inside the worm?! You get a signal in there? 7 4.79%
I heard rumors it was another mutant; part woman, part tuna, all lover.. 15 10.27%
It's Us! ...why do we look like dorks? 31 21.23%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #141
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 432
Why did some of the worms have faces like Thomas the Tank Engine sometimes. That was a little strange and even kind of perverted.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #142
Timmetry
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 292
Ok, I know the scene with Casey and April has been mentioned, with April telling him to stop, but did no one notice that the small worm was rubbing on April's ass and her "stop" seemed more like a "not now"? I would have expected a bigger reaction with maybe April instantly slapping Casey, but maybe their relationship has progressed farther than they let on...
Timmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #143
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
This episode was action packed but it also had some really funny lines:

- Shredder's, "You look terrible." to Bradford.

- Splinter's, "It's the cheesephone, it must be an emergency!"

- April thinking Casey was touching her butt....that was...quite extreme for a kids show. And April had such a nonchalant reaction to it...

- Don crushing on 80's April "Nice Jumpsuit."

- A lot of Mikey's dialogue like, "i love you man!" and his speech was funny.


Also the 80's Turtles were quite fun. Of all the voices Don felt the most off, but he hadn't voiced him in so long it felt forgiveable. Raph's voice sounded perfect (Rob made sure he sounded different than Donnie), and Mike was perfect. Leo was fine too. The great part is the worm appearing fits in just well with the OT universe and would make an episode just fine.

Lastly I think this isn't the last of the 80's Turtles. Rob Paulsen did say his Raphael and Donatello would talk to each other....so I think they'll be back.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #144
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 410
Is this episode online anywhere!?
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #145
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Does anyone know what type of animation they used for the 80's toon scenes? It almost looked like flash animation, it was obviously done very cheaply given the way the characters were moving.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #146
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does anyone know what type of animation they used for the 80's toon scenes? It almost looked like flash animation, it was obviously done very cheaply given the way the characters were moving.
it was totally flash XD I'm 90% sure it was.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #147
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
Why did some of the worms have faces like Thomas the Tank Engine sometimes. That was a little strange and even kind of perverted.
Those faces were at the opposite end from their big gnashy ends--in effect, they have two faces.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #148
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
Those faces were at the opposite end from their big gnashy ends--in effect, they have two faces.
ah... I didn't catch that. I saw it as their "Thomas Face" suddenly transforming into the big gnashy face, it took me back a bit.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #149
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

- April thinking Casey was touching her butt....that was...quite extreme for a kids show. And April had such a nonchalant reaction to it...
I thought Casey was breathing too hard or something...I didn't know it was cause April thought he was touching her butt XD

and I agree she was being a little too nonchalant about it....

I would have slapped the crap outta Casey.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #150
Ninjawolf
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 96
Anyone else wonder if the worms were a Pokemon reference? Because I swear those things look like Goomy... I can't have been the only one to notice that? But this epis was ****ing AWESOME!!! It felt like a Season Finale honestly, no idea how the real one will top this...

Hope we see Tigerclaw again, he's An amazing villian and I'm sure Shredder can just ask the Kraang to fetch him. And poor Donnie... though I knew he had no chance anyway it must suck losing the girl. But Capril is adorable...
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #151
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Great episode but the problem is the plot didn't advance *that* much. Its only that Karai now finally thinks what the Turtles are saying is true.

Shredder going to Japan for half the season to get Tigerclaw proved pointless as he was defeated in one episode. The Splinter/Shredder rivalry is at a standstill and in the same place it was at the end of Season 1.

And although the Turtles stopped the worms, they've not gone for good as they obviously have more portals.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #152
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier
 
Jon_Talbain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Agreed. Being a super mutant should give a dude a lot more of an edge, instead of just making him look different. All four Turtles should be fighting against him to take him down, otherwise it makes being a supermutant seem no more special then being a regular one.

I wonder what Rahzar's height will be listed as when his toy comes out? I think on Turtlepedia it's listed as 6' something, but on Shellacne it looked very much like he was about 8-9 feet tall.


That's why it's bugging me that after this, Nick is having a mini hiatus and that it won't be a for a while until we see if this overtly subservient persona holds up. I have some small hope remaining that he still does play a bigger role (if I am remembering right of what I've heard) and that he gets a lot more dangerous.


That's what surprised me too, especially when before he would get an angry look of hate on his face whenever she talked down at him, and even warned her once something like "I can still tear you apart." He looked quite out of character when he easily backed down like that. If it was in character, he would have had a line like this:

"Don't tempt me Karai. If it wasn't for my loyalty to the Shredder, I would rip you apart."



I remember an old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where calvin imagines he was irradiated and his flesh turned all translucent except for his bones, and his narration said something like "That while this could be advantageous towards any medical diagnosis, this also could make any mealtime for other people into a disgusting ordeal." I don't think that would be delightful to see, and odds are he has to eat in another room.
Remember in Shellacne, the turtles were all getting destroyed by Rahzar and he wasn't even trying. He smiled as he hit them across the room. And now he just backs down from Karai without a word? Most of the sites have Rahzar listed as 10 feet tall. He was also supposed to be around that tall as Dogpound too. In this new episode, he might have been 6 feet tall and I was confused the entire time.

And those words about ripping Karai apart would have been much more in character. Also Rahzar acted so feebly when he saw Shredder again. I wonder if Rahzar is more in tune with his human side than a mutant now. Since he said he felt like a ninja again, maybe it also made him feel more like his human self at the same time. It could explain why he isn't acting as feral or rage filled as when he was Dogpound, even though he looks more evil on the outside now.

LOL, I wish I had seen that Calvin and Hobbes. Hopefully Nick will show how everyone eats. Maybe Fishface would still make fun of Rahzar.
__________________


A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #153
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier
 
Turtle-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjawolf View Post
Anyone else wonder if the worms were a Pokemon reference?
felt more like Dune to me, what with them riding em and such.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #154
Ninjawolf
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle-X View Post
felt more like Dune to me, what with them riding em and such.
Not that familiar with Dune but I seriously see Gloomy in those worms... I thought they were kinda adorable
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #155
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjawolf View Post
Anyone else wonder if the worms were a Pokemon reference? Because I swear those things look like Goomy... I can't have been the only one to notice that?
It was just you. They don't look alike at all.

Besides, this episode was probably done before anyone knew what a Goomy was.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #156
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Ciro Nieli probably has no interest in Pokemon anyway. He never worked on any of the dubs with 4kids or TCPI so he's never done anything with the show.

He might have played the games at some point but that's it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #157
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,429
Fred Wolf Turtles with ankle bands... how cute.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #158
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ciro Nieli probably has no interest in Pokemon anyway. He never worked on any of the dubs with 4kids or TCPI so he's never done anything with the show.

He might have played the games at some point but that's it.
Because Ciro's the only person who works on the series....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Fred Wolf Turtles with ankle bands... how cute.
They come and go...I'd almost call it a FW style animation error....but it's pretty glaring.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #159
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmetry View Post
Ok, I know the scene with Casey and April has been mentioned, with April telling him to stop, but did no one notice that the small worm was rubbing on April's ass and her "stop" seemed more like a "not now"? I would have expected a bigger reaction with maybe April instantly slapping Casey, but maybe their relationship has progressed farther than they let on...
Maybe April likes it? I need to watch this again, I believe I missed that particular scene.

She did tease Casey when he asked for a date ("what do you call this?" she replied whilst smiling cheekily), and when Casey came closer, putting his hand over her shoulder and suggesting ideal date locations, her smile intensified. She didn't reject him at all.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #160
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I loved the cheese phone,great episode. Although the animation of the FW turtles was a bit too "badly" made, it almost felt like they tried too hard to mimic the lesser stellar episodes of the FW show, but the voices was a nice touch.

Loved Shredders reaction to Bradford's second change andTiger Claw was great, loved the guns he had and it's always nice hearing some Japanese now and then.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.