The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: ...all that hype for that?
I still can't believe that evil witch is your daughter. Um, sorry to be so honest... 16 10.96%
The Cheesephone! Truly an Emergency... 77 52.74%
You're inside the worm?! You get a signal in there? 7 4.79%
I heard rumors it was another mutant; part woman, part tuna, all lover.. 15 10.27%
It's Us! ...why do we look like dorks? 31 21.23%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #161
JH24
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 470
I couldn't resist watching it earlier. Wow, what an amazing special. I was already planning on getting the DVD's when they come out but this is one I especially would love to re-watch on DVD.


It had everything I could have hoped for. It addressed some long-standing issues, it had great action, some nice humor, good character interaction, many different scenes and IMHO two separate plots that worked well together.

Loved Donnie's smile when he heared Casey was still alive as well as the little bit of "bonding" near the end. Casey really starts to feel part of the team now.


Great special with a satisfying ending.

Last edited by JH24; 03-03-2014 at 04:54 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #162
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It was posted on the first page and here it is again. Next just read the original post.
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt...l-episode.html
Problem is that I'm not in the US.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 PM   #163
Gabriel GP
Foot Soldier
 
Gabriel GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
Problem is that I'm not in the US.
Search SafeIP on Google, it's a free software that can hide or change your IP. Very easy to use. I became a NY citizen for 40-45 min to watch this ep.
__________________
Gabriel GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #164
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Or use Hola.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #165
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
Remember in Shellacne, the turtles were all getting destroyed by Rahzar and he wasn't even trying. He smiled as he hit them across the room. And now he just backs down from Karai without a word? Most of the sites have Rahzar listed as 10 feet tall. He was also supposed to be around that tall as Dogpound too. In this new episode, he might have been 6 feet tall and I was confused the entire time.
Yes, and you could tel that he relished doing all of that too, which made him look absolutely psychopathic and evil. He didn't look like the sort then that would take crap from anybody, least of all Karai.

That's what I felt too. When I saw him, I thought, "Shouldn't he be erm, bigger?" That's what helped make Dogpound so intimidating, so I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to shrink him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
And those words about ripping Karai apart would have been much more in character. Also Rahzar acted so feebly when he saw Shredder again. I wonder if Rahzar is more in tune with his human side than a mutant now. Since he said he felt like a ninja again, maybe it also made him feel more like his human self at the same time. It could explain why he isn't acting as feral or rage filled as when he was Dogpound, even though he looks more evil on the outside now.
I can partially understand why he was a bit subservient to Shredder, mainly in that he's still quite loyal to him. I think though that he should still not act so subservient to Karai, since she still is a snide brat. However, I am still kind of hoping that something comes up to destroy this loyalty to Shredder, because seeing him like this (subservient, even to Karai!) makes him feel sort of weak.

It could be that him feeling more like a ninja made him feel more like his old human self, but the way it comes off is sort of weird. He should feel far more confident, but still knowing that he's capable of some serious damage should make him almost arrogant. He should be barely backing off when Karai talks down to him, not taking it and doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
LOL, I wish I had seen that Calvin and Hobbes. Hopefully Nick will show how everyone eats. Maybe Fishface would still make fun of Rahzar.
It was cool, I always loved the Calvin and Hobbes stuff. It's now compiled in books, although I forget which book the one I mentioned earlier is in.

That was another thing that was a bit OOC about this episode. Xever and Bradford didn't bicker. They were far more congenial towards each then normal, which I thought was strange, as normally they really don't care for each other. I'll be disappointed if they don't bicker in the future.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 03-03-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #166
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
I can't help but feel TigerClaw should have just been human from the start rather than another mutant. I don't see how being a tiger made him more interesting aside from the fact that someone caught off his tail.

He should have been Tatsu.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #167
Gabriel GP
Foot Soldier
 
Gabriel GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Or use Hola.
Hola didn't work for me, that thing always make me enter on the UK's nick, didn't matter if I put that I was american, japanese or whatever, always end up on the uk's site.
__________________
Gabriel GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #168
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't help but feel TigerClaw should have just been human from the start rather than another mutant. I don't see how being a tiger made him more interesting aside from the fact that someone caught off his tail.

He should have been Tatsu.
Tatsu? No thanks.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #169
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Tatsu? No thanks.
His voice sounded almost exactly like Tatsu's from the movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #170
kolaida
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle-X View Post
felt more like Dune to me, what with them riding em and such.
I was totally thinking Tremors when I saw them xD

Anyway, great episode I was shocked and happy to read it was on nick.com's website (a little sad, too, because the buffering for me is a pain, took me almost an hour and a half to watch it, but I pushed through!) I loved all of it. Not putting spoiler tags because I hope by now, people aren't in this thread if they are waiting to watch (unless they are like me and don't care about spoilers either way).

Wow. Also, like someone else said, I totally thought Leo was gonna be hurt, too! I mean, a brick tower fell on him!!

I loved the separate plots and really enjoyed the Casey/Donnie/April interaction (while simultaneously missing Donnie being with his brothers)-- and speaking of his brothers, wow, was their plot pretty intense. The cheesephone was one of my favorite parts. Karai finally knows and is in doubt of where she should be. Raph is extremely forgiving of Mikey but holds Leo to a much higher standard (mad at Leo for calling Splinter, not even calling Mikey out on being the one to put them in that position).

Others have brought up Rahzar being too weak. It did seem like he was stronger in Shellacne, but the turtles have done quite a lot of fighting since then. I don't know, I always kinda thought Rahzar and Xever are similar to Rocksteady and Bebop (but a little more efficient). Mikey did seem to be doing more dodging than anything else and they were now familiar with his moves (usually when they first meet someone, they know nothing about them- in Rahzar's case, they are now at least familiar with the new mutation).

Others mentioned Leo should turn bad. Leo does seem like the turtle most likely to turn if needled enough (sorry, Leo). Still, it would be interesting to see something like one of the turtles going bad-- and Leo would be the most fun to do it with. Because he'd probably the hardest one to win back over.

Also, the 80s cameo was sweet! And I got a COWABUNGA! xD I liked how we can tie in the random stuff from the 80s as being monsters from other turtle dimensions. It's like retro-canon and how often do you see that xD. Awesomeness.

Anyways, this episode was amazing, and I loved it and also, "You look terrible, Bradford." LOL!
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #171
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Great episode but the problem is the plot didn't advance *that* much. Its only that Karai now finally thinks what the Turtles are saying is true.

Shredder going to Japan for half the season to get Tigerclaw proved pointless as he was defeated in one episode. The Splinter/Shredder rivalry is at a standstill and in the same place it was at the end of Season 1.

And although the Turtles stopped the worms, they've not gone for good as they obviously have more portals.
He did gave him Splinter. That was more then what any of them did.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #172
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
I'm really worried about the lack of questions about the cheese phone.

it's like we all just accepted the fact he has one.
__________________

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 03-03-2014 at 08:21 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #173
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
I'm really worried about the lack of questions about the cheese phone.

it's like we all just accepted that fact he has one.
Probably because the scene was so funny we just all went along with it
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #174
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
His voice sounded almost exactly like Tatsu's from the movies.
Maybe if you've got hearing problems.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #175
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Maybe if you've got hearing problems.
His voice was nearly identical. It's the same thick Japanese accent.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #176
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
His voice was nearly identical. It's the same thick Japanese accent.
Okay then. You're just incredibly racist.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #177
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Okay then. You're just incredibly racist.
Old news, man.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #178
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
His voice sounded almost exactly like Tatsu's from the movies.
Tatsu's voice wasn't even his voice. It was a dub over by a voice actor named Michael McConnohie.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #179
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,517
I was so close to kill Splinter!! But that rat escaped me again!!! But next time i will kill him!!!!!! He can not escape me forever!!
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:35 AM   #180
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I was so close to kill Splinter!! But that rat escaped me again!!! But next time i will kill him!!!!!! He can not escape me forever!!
Have you tried using cheese?

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.