![]() |
|
|
#121 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
|
Quote:
__________________
Grady Sewer Sirens Podcast [email protected] Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2 Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#122 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
|
Can't wait to own this thing !!!
__________________
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GooseManning911 Instagram: http://instagram.com/cidman911 |
|
|
|
|
|
#123 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
|
I think this has become a must-buy for me, having seen that video review.
It's going to have to wait, unfortunately. But I plan on picking it up at some point this year. |
|
|
|
|
|
#124 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
|
Pre-Ordered. Just sad I have to wait until June for it to come out lol (that guy's lucky getting it early).
I give much credit after seeing that video. It does look extremely well put together and a worthy book for the Ninja Turtles. |
|
|
|
|
|
#125 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
|
Quote:
But during the video I noticed something and it has me a bit perplexed... ...the #1 reprint included in the back of the book has the Gobbledygook ad on the back page (just like the original 1st printing). But the inside front cover clearly shows the text "SECOND PRINTING / JUNE, 1984" underneath the "Quentin Eastman" nod. The second and third printings of TMNT #1 were nearly identical to the first printing...but the only printing to have the Gobbledygook ad on the inside back cover was the first printing. The second and third printings of TMNT #1 replaced the Gobbledygook ad with an ad for the T-Shirt iron-ons. So, while this reprint of TMNT #1 that's included in the book is truly awesome (and a really neat and unexpected feature), I'm curious why it was decided to reprint the comic in this way. Many of us TMNT collectors have spent years educating others on how to identify true first printings of TMNT #1. This reprinting of TMNT #1 is not quite a true reproduction of the first printing and not quite a true reproduction of the second printing. It's an animal all its own...nothing that has previously existed. While it may be cool...I could see this leading to some confusion. Of course, I've not read the book and have only watched the video review of it. Maybe the book explains why this was done. I just find it odd unless it was purposely done to thwart counterfeiters. But...that doesn't seem likely. By just not including the "SECOND PRINTING / JUNE, 1984" designation on the inside front, it becomes an exact replica of the first printing. Counterfeiters back in the day removed the "SECOND PRINTING" line on second printings to try and pass it off as a first printing...but they couldn't replace the inside back cover ad. That's the tell-tale sign of a true first printing. Anyway, just something I noticed. Looks to be an all-around sweet book. Really looking forward to getting this in hand. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#126 | |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#127 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#128 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
|
Thanks for the vid, know I have no doubts about my pre order. Can't wait!
__________________
![]() http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M) |
|
|
|
|
|
#129 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
|
Don't know if it has been discussed already, but is it going to be released also outside US?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#130 | |
|
Aussie and Proud
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#131 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
|
Quote:
I know you and the other guys and gals put heart and soul into these books, thats what I wrote in my last comment.after all I have also seen your interviews on cowabunga corner and bobby on the turtles podcast etc.it was impressive to see how much you guys are fans and thinking through all of the existing stuff to spin your tale.what I meant with 'heart and soul for the mirage team' was: when they moved the guys to northhampton for example it was their hometown, their personal memories and loved people and places that spilled into these panels.maybe a thousand different in jokes that went mostly above the readers head but one could feel it.thats the things I meant...it was their babies.their lives.their comics. I just feel one can't beat that. when you or anybody else in the future will place the tmnt in northhampton I think it just happens because it is part of the turtles history and doesn't mean the same anymore.. anyway, I didn't want to snarl at you guys at idw.also the way you react SHOWS you are emotinaly involved very much and that is nice. seeing this video makes me jumpy on my seat.june can't come fast enough now!! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#132 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
After seeing the breathtaking production value in that youtube video review, all the cool inserts scattered throughout the volume as well as the poster and Mirage #1 reproduction... this book is going to be worth every penny!
I have it pre-ordered now, really excited to get it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#133 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
|
Uff, unfortunately it is not possible to pre-order neither in amazon.co.uk nor in amazon.de...
I think it will be available justa after US release. |
|
|
|
|
|
#134 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,066
|
Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's still going under one of its original titles instead...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#135 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
|
Quote:
Yes, I just found the link to pre-order via Roseangelo's blog. So I'm all set. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#136 |
|
Devil's Advocate
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
|
This looks amazing. Does it have Image? Volume 4? Next Mutation? The new movie images look amazing and in violation of some NDA.
Tom, Bobby, we know you guys pour your hearts into the IDW book. It's amazing. |
|
|
|
|
|
#137 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#138 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
|
Wow this looks beyond amazing.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#139 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 206
|
From those in the UK wanting to pre-order, WHSmith has the best price I've found so far: £21.70 rather than £35 on Amazon (although I'm sure the Amazon price will drop and it has yet to appear on Book Depository who also usually have good prices)
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/te.../9781608871858 |
|
|
|
|
|
#140 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
I can confirm that it has the Image series covered, at the very least.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| 2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history |
|
|