The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Can Shredder perform martial arts with his Armor?

There has been some skepticism over whether or not we will see any martial arts in this film. Mostly with the Shredder and his armor. Could he still be a master martial artist with all the armor on? I've heard that the suit somehow makes him faster. William Fichtner has been quoted saying,

William Fichtner

Quote:
I had a stunt double named Anis Cheurfa, and he would do ninja moves that were so otherworldly they appeared as though they were being performed in Zero G. Anis is a true master like none other.
Just a few videos of Shredder's double.



This second video is very interesting.. Raphael vs Shredder fight. Both doubles facing off
WARNING- a few curse words.



This one.. Shredders double, is the one with the short hair.



Honestly.. I think we are in for a few serious surprises. Lets not forget.. Like the turtles, Shredders armor is CGI. So the stunt double will be wearing a Mo-cap suit while fighting.
Maybe there will be fight scenes without the armor. Who knows. But From what it seems.. he will not just be slicing people in half. It actually looks like Shredder could very well be a badass martial artist in this movie..

Thoughts?

Last edited by Puddinpop; 06-17-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
I still believe the Shredder we see in the tv spot is really Krang in his android body and the Turtles will have to fight both at the end with Sachs in the ancient Saki Armor.

Just seeing all these martial art demos floating around from the martial art doubles kinda cements that idea.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Let's hope it doesn't look fake as hell seeing a large bulky shredder iron man and hulk sized turtles fight and move as fast as their smaller and more agile comic/cartoon counterparts..... That'll make the movie look even worse.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
This makes me very excited! imagining lightening fast martial arts moves, no seriously imagine Shredder moving really fast, and the Turtles are like how do we even hit this guy? it would kinda be like the first movie where the Turtles are huddled together, and Shredder is just standing there waiting for one of them to attack! that would be really cool
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I'm more concerned about, can Sachs do Martial Arts or is he completely dependent of the suit to match up with the turtles.

If the suit enhances Sachs abilities, I'm sure he'll be able to perform combat, as long as it's not too flashy and "Hollywood", the suit looks too crude to be able to performance art moves.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Let's hope it doesn't look fake as hell seeing a large bulky shredder iron man and hulk sized turtles
Calling other peoples opinions "BS" like you just did in the other thread should pretty much be considered trolling. No one would like it if I came in here saying things like " Better than a pink panther Shredder that looks like Prince fighting four fake ass looking rubber suits" But at this point people are sick of these pathetic arguments and the flame bait that always leads to arguments. But I guess you didn't get enough the past couple days huh?

So maybe we can discuss things like adults without childish flame bait and FOR ONCE avoid starting another thread war.. Whatdya say?
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #7
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
I Love my 90s Turtles, but dude that is just too damn funny!!!
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I'm more concerned about, can Sachs do Martial Arts or is he completely dependent of the suit to match up with the turtles.

If the suit enhances Sachs abilities, I'm sure he'll be able to perform combat, as long as it's not too flashy and "Hollywood", the suit looks too crude to be able to performance art moves.
That's understandable. And reasonable. Thank you for responding like an adult.
I'm glad that some understand that it's all about delivery. And you delivered your concerns/opinions in a non flammable, mature manner. If people could conduct themselves this way I think there would be a LOT less arguing around here. Making things a lot easier for everyone to participate.. while also giving the mods a break.

I hope the martial arts is authentic. I wouldn't care for a Shredder that just sliced things and didn't fight. Same with the turtles. Well know in a month and a half
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Let's hope it doesn't look fake as hell seeing a large bulky shredder iron man and hulk sized turtles fight and move as fast as their smaller and more agile comic/cartoon counterparts..... That'll make the movie look even worse.
Even though male gymnasts have shown that one can be relatively muscular and flexible/agile, but for the most part I have to agree with this above because wearing metal armor is extremely heavy and taxing on the human body. (It would be like expecting a knight in full metal armor from the Middle Ages able to perform gymnast moves and agility.) It's gonna be very awkward seeing a mortal man doing numerous somersaults in full metal armor. Then again we don't know if Shredder is supposed to be a mere mortal man, and these are supposed to be superhuman, 'roided strong Turtles, so who knows...

If some people want/like that, so be it, but the excessive strength and ostentatious metal armor with jagged blades all over seems superfluous for a Turtle movie I would enjoy. **shrug**
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #10
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Let's hope it doesn't look fake as hell seeing a large bulky shredder iron man and hulk sized turtles fight and move as fast as their smaller and more agile comic/cartoon counterparts..... That'll make the movie look even worse.
this is kinda my concern as well..if shredder is a mech to fight the turtles and performs martial arts a may come off as super cheesy and fake. when them having to animate a bulky shredder doing sleek ninja moves


i hate to say it but i think we may see more "iron monger smash" than "high ya!"
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
I think we'll see maybe one or two moves but for the most part, I think he'll just be deflecting hits off his blades and perhaps a counter attack here and there. Just a guess based off a few things I know.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
sh3llshocked
Foot Soldier
 
sh3llshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
I think we'll see maybe one or two moves but for the most part, I think he'll just be deflecting hits off his blades and perhaps a counter attack here and there. Just a guess based off a few things I know.
Then why hire a stunt double for shredder whos known for high flying martial arts?
sh3llshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #13
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3llshocked View Post
Then why hire a stunt double for shredder whos known for high flying martial arts?
your guess is as good as anyone elses



sadly most times these days hired stunt men arnt used to their potential and become more of a need to be their for the safety of other actors they portray
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #14
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Let's hope it doesn't look fake as hell seeing a large bulky shredder iron man and hulk sized turtles fight and move as fast as their smaller and more agile comic/cartoon counterparts.....
My main concern about fighting in this movie, that it will consist from "hulksmashes" with few karate moves here and there. Otherwise, the whole point in turning Turtles into minihulks and Shreeder in the Megatron is kind of obsolete.

Besides, I can hardly imagine how this Shreddertron will move fast and at the same time retain sense of weight. If he is really will be presented as heavy as he looks from the pictures, then no acrobatics and no elaborate moves from him. Of couse, if they want to keep this stuff at least partly realistic, which, given some evidences, probably not the case.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #15
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
My main concern about fighting in this movie, that it will consist from "hulksmashes" with few karate moves here and there. Otherwise, the whole point in turning Turtles into minihulks and Shreeder in the Megatron is kind of obsolete.

Besides, I can hardly imagine how this Shreddertron will move fast and at the same time retain sense of weight. If he is really will be presented as heavy as he looks from the pictures, then no acrobatics and no elaborate moves from him. Of couse, if they want to keep this stuff at least partly realistic, which, given some evidences, probably not the case.
WHY do people keep Totally IGNORING all the evidence Right in front of them, William Fitchener all but YELLED at you, that there are going to be extreme martial arts in this movie,

The one live action Video of human tmnt YEAH leo's a stunt double plus All the other stunt people in this movie, for all the turtles

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ighlight=stunt

and People always just IGNORE it all, or make excuses that there is no way they could have that level martial arts, Seriously I get being pessimistic (not an attack just a way of thinking) But IGNORING whats right in front of you is just ridiculous
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #16
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
its not so much people ignoring it ...at the time fichtner said that we really had no idea of what shredder looked like

and no offense to him but what does he consider extreme martial arts?

the real concern most of us have right now is if this shredder looking the way he does performing flips and kicks look natural in a ninja like way


picture ironman being a ninja in just doesnt work and wouldn't look natural


also remember Dragonball Evolution was said to have extreme martial arts and that it closely followed its source
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 06-17-2014 at 01:18 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3llshocked View Post
Then why hire a stunt double for shredder whos known for high flying martial arts?
is he known for high-flying martial arts?

i mean, i get where the "maybe the suits too bulky" perspective is coming from, and i DEF wanna see the shredder get down on some ninja-like fisticuffs, but its not like he's a luchador or something.

maybe the full on super-shredder, crazy-bladed, 2012 shredder armor on steroids is just, like, i dunno...his "final boss" outfit and throughout the movie he uses something a little less bulky.

the gauntlet glove that fichtners wearing in that new pic doesnt look insanely big.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #18
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
This Shredder is more evil warlord then ninja in this it seems. I have a feeling the stuff he says and the orders he gives..are going to be brutal. I think they really are going to make him dark on a different level, or at least attempt to. I'm just not sold we're going to see him performing a lot of martial arts but I hope I'm wrong. We're not going to see Karl Ruprecht Kroenen here. Well at least not from the sequel.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #19
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
its not so much people ignoring it ...at the time fichtner said that we really had no idea of what shredder looked like

and no offense to him but what does he consider extreme martial arts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post



Quote:
the real concern most of us have right now is if this shredder looking the way he does performing flips and kicks look natural in a ninja like way

That looks pretty traditional to me

Quote:
picture ironman being a ninja in just doesnt work and wouldn't look natural
look at things like Elysium were it only enhances everything.


Quote:
also remember Dragonball Evolution was said to have extreme martial arts and that it closely followed its source
No it really wasn't at all, it started that way but the changed alot by the time the were filming thing that are happening in this movie in no way mirror those in DBE seeing as a religiously fallowed both i can attest to that
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #20
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
sam not sure why your are being hostile..im not saying anything bad about shredder


just that from a visual stand point at this moment i cant see this shredder being a sleek ninja..his body doesnt call for it to me


i could and may be very wrong only time will tell
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, shreddertron


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.