The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #921
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Andrew: I can't wait for the scene where Leo catches the bullets with his bare hands and throws them back in Karai's face. Bad-Ass Deluxe with a double scoop of Awesome Sauce, right there.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #922
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Do those awards really mean anything to anyone other than the Hollywood glitterati though? Not being snide, they may well be important - I just don't really think about them when I'm factoring in whether I'll watch a movie or in judging whether it is in fact any good. IMO it's a popularity contest - it's not an indication of quality filmmaking at all. Kind of hard to take any award seriously that nominates Shakespeare In Love as best anything, y'know?
Mostly a lot of patting themselves on the back I think. I grew bored of watching award shows years ago... Too many and too long. Just how many trophies do celebrities need. And the people who do a lot of the work to even make some movies what they are, like the effects people, don't even get theirs handed over publicly. Shame.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #923
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I like that it seems like Splinter has a genuine hatred for the Shredder, but on the other side I hate that he says he has trained the Turtles to protect the city.
Personally, I like that strategy on Splinter's part more than just training them to avenge his Master Yoshi's death. The whole protecting the city gives the boys a purpose in their life.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #924
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Why does Splinter despise the Shredder..and how does Splinter know about the Shredder. Why are they fighting in this incarnation?

I hope it's not because as a lab rat, Splinter ate one of Sach's snacks and Eric vowed revenge. I'm thinking there is some Oroku Saki/Hamato Yoshi backstory. Or at least I hope so.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #925
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
It’s true, and that's terrible. I will never forgive the academy for not recognising the, quite frankly, jaw-dropping and unique work ILM did on the first Transformers film (the first, when no one had seen anything quite like it before). Instead, they gave it to The Golden Compass. Their line of thinking was clear: do we give the award to a film based on a bestselling literary work, or a film based on a toy line directed by Michael Bay. No contest. You know, even though the CGI and animation in TGC was dog s#ite.
I still won't forgive them for awarding a pos film called Shakespeare in Love BP over Saving Private Ryan. WTF?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #926
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Anything even tangentially related to Shakespeare automatically wins because it's "art". That's the rule.

I know I get a lot of crap for not liking The Beatles, but I'm just gonna put it out there that I f*cking hate Shakespeare, too. Kids don't need to have their entire GPAs dragged down because they can't wrap their heads around some obtusely-written chick-lit from the days when men cross-dressed on stage and wore pantaloons the rest of the time. Sh*t's irrelevant.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #927
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Personally, I like that strategy on Splinter's part more than just training them to avenge his Master Yoshi's death. The whole protecting the city gives the boys a purpose in their life.

I guess my line of thinking is why does a mutant rat want to train mutant Turtles to protect the city by learning to be ninjas?
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #928
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I guess my line of thinking is why does a mutant rat want to train mutant Turtles to protect the city by learning to be ninjas?
To me, would be better if he trained them for the good of their own protection, living in a world that would never accept them... and then they inadvertently find this calling.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #929
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
I guess my line of thinking is why does a mutant rat want to train mutant Turtles to protect the city by learning to be ninjas?
Maybe because that's what Splinter knows? Ever watch Kick Ass? I kind of think the relationship Damon had with his daughter, Mindy, is very similar to how Splinter has with his boys. It's just Splinter is not as extreme.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #930
mb1025
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Anything even tangentially related to Shakespeare automatically wins because it's "art". That's the rule.

I know I get a lot of crap for not liking The Beatles, but I'm just gonna put it out there that I f*cking hate Shakespeare, too. Kids don't need to have their entire GPAs dragged down because they can't wrap their heads around some obtusely-written chick-lit from the days when men cross-dressed on stage and wore pantaloons the rest of the time. Sh*t's irrelevant.
No offense, but I get the feeling you don't like a lot of things.
mb1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #931
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,190
I'm ok with all the designs and liberties the movie is taking, I was able to give it a chance for what it is even if it's not the TMNT movie we all hoped, now with all the liberties taken this movie can really go either way, it'll be either awesome fun or eyelid-ripping boring. We'll see when it comes out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:09 PM   #932
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1025 View Post
No offense, but I get the feeling you don't like a lot of things.
Oh, I do, but compared to most people's tastes, they're pretty random.

Case in point: Emilio Estevez is America's greatest living actor, and I'll brook no dissent on the subject. Some things simply are what they are.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #933
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Splinter said he'd been training the turtles to protect the city, but he feared they weren't ready for Shredder. I took that to mean Splinter trained his sons to fight The Foot (Whose activities the turtles obviously track), but never expected Shredder to return. I imagine The Foot has been around for years.

One of the things I love about this movie is that they're giving us established, active ninja turtles. It looks to me like they've been fighting The Foot.

EDIT____________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
https://38.media.tumblr.com/745e733a...ucdqo3_500.gif

Well, the detail is pretty good. You can see a bead of sweat come down Leo's forehead.

So, I guess in this incarnation, they are definitely warm blooded.
Can't do that with a suit.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber

Last edited by chrisdude; 06-24-2014 at 08:16 PM.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #934
Addison81
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 26
Is that Karai they show quickly in flashes at the beginning?
Addison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #935
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
So, can anyone see for certain, is Raph's eye color going to be green like the Nick toon?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #936
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
1. Splinter raised them their whole lives to protect the above world? What for?
Yeah, that I'm not wild about but maybe the movie will give us some context for it within the Splinter/Saki rivalry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Andrew: I can't wait for the scene where Leo catches the bullets with his bare hands and throws them back in Karai's face. Bad-Ass Deluxe with a double scoop of Awesome Sauce, right there.
Pffft, Karai will just catch those suckers with her teeth. If she tries to use that gun of hers on Raph, he'll just throw that little toothpick of his and it'll block up the gun muzzle and cause an explosion. Xtreme, yo. That'll teach a ho to pull a piece on a brotha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Kids don't need to have their entire GPAs dragged down because they can't wrap their heads around some obtusely-written chick-lit from the days when men cross-dressed on stage and wore pantaloons the rest of the time. Sh*t's irrelevant.
Hehehe, you said pantaloons.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #937
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
And you laughed at it. Let's make out!

Errrr... wow, too forward? See?? That's what happens when I act "positive". I go way the hell too far the other way.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #938
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
So, can anyone see for certain, is Raph's eye color going to be green like the Nick toon?
Full screen to me looks like it might be a very pale green.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #939
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Full screen to me looks like it might be a very pale green.



Maybe. It's one of the designs from Nick toon I really like, Raph's green eyes. It's something I hope follows him in future incarnations.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #940
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
These turtles are gorgeous...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.