The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #121
Kanon
Stone Warrior
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 560
I am super hyped, I almost cried after watching the german trailer!

Just for the "Back off raph" line discussion:
It is Leos voice in the German trailer and it´s a little bit more balanced with his other lines. Maybe it´s just an english problem?

My status: Mega Happy
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro!"
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #122
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanon View Post
i am super hyped, i almost cried after watching the german trailer!

Just for the "back off raph" line discussion:
It is leos voice in the german trailer and it´s a little bit more balanced with his other lines. Maybe it´s just an english problem?

My status: Mega happy
where can i see the german trailer?
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #123
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 605
Donny's voice sounded good. I could get used to the look of the Turtles, but not their size.

SHREDDER!!!!! They absolutely butchered his design. Why is he shooting blades out of his arms? The way he moved was very un-ninja like.

When the Skrillex song kicked in, I knew all my original feelings had been confirmed. This movie is geared toward people who just want to see a movie called Ninja Turtles, not a movie about the Ninja Turtles. This movie isn't for me, so I'm still pretty sure I won't go see it.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #124
Kanon
Stone Warrior
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
where can i see the german trailer?
It´s on youtube in HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8meiEHaVkHU

Even megans butt scene is in it
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro!"
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #125
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It´s on youtube in HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8meiEHaVkHU

Even megans butt scene is in it
Darn. I was hoping there would be some new footage in there to go with the butt scene. Still, it was cool to hear the German voices.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #126
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
No.
Still looks super generic.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #127
Monstermash042
Random Punk
 
Monstermash042's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
Donny's voice sounded good. I could get used to the look of the Turtles, but not their size.

SHREDDER!!!!! They absolutely butchered his design. Why is he shooting blades out of his arms? The way he moved was very un-ninja like.

When the Skrillex song kicked in, I knew all my original feelings had been confirmed. This movie is geared toward people who just want to see a movie called Ninja Turtles, not a movie about the Ninja Turtles. This movie isn't for me, so I'm still pretty sure I won't go see it.

I find it funny that people have to confirm to themselves that they won't go see it. Like it's some deep seeded confession that has to be expressed. No one is forcing you or making you go to the movies.

If a quick Skrillix insert alone is enough to turn you away from the franchise as a whole, well, I don't know what to say other than you must get turned off by every movie/ tv show / commercial that uses dubstep...which is like, everything now.


As for the seeing a movie called Ninja Turtles but not about the Ninja Turtles....Wut?
Monstermash042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #128
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermash042 View Post
I find it funny that people have to confirm to themselves that they won't go see it. Like it's some deep seeded confession that has to be expressed. No one is forcing you or making you go to the movies.

If a quick Skrillix insert alone is enough to turn you away from the franchise as a whole, well, I don't know what to say other than you must get turned off by every movie/ tv show / commercial that uses dubstep...which is like, everything now.


As for the seeing a movie called Ninja Turtles but not about the Ninja Turtles....Wut?
Yeah, Its definitely about Ninja Turtles as the Trailer spend the entire time showing them

Trailers and commercials out there, use what is popular with the new generation, when it comes to the music.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #129
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermash042 View Post
I find it funny that people have to confirm to themselves that they won't go see it.
Well, really that could go both ways.

Yeah, you like it, we get it. Yeah, you don't like it, we get it.

Now what.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #130
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, really that could go both ways.

Yeah, you like it, we get it. Yeah, you don't like it, we get it.

Now what.
And then you have those that say, I don't like it, But I'm gonna see it anyways.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #131
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, really that could go both ways.

Yeah, you like it, we get it. Yeah, you don't like it, we get it.

Now what.
positive feelings are always more welcomed than negative feelings :3
no one wants to hear gloomy stuff.

but I see what you are saying.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #132
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And then you have those that say, I don't like it, But I'm gonna see it anyways.
lol True.

*throws hands up* Forget it, I don't know what to think of you all anymore.. lol Do other fandoms go through this? Like TMNT growing pains.

(Edit: Granted I guess all fandoms do... lord knows the WoW forums are always moaning about stuff.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #133
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

(Edit: Granted I guess all fandoms do... lord knows the WoW forums are always moaning about stuff.)
power rangers/sentai and Muppets too
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #134
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
and Muppets too


Someone let me know when ya find the mutagen, I don't wanna live in our species anymore...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #135
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
power rangers/sentai and Muppets too
Muppets? What can you complain about on the muppet forums?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #136
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Muppets? What can you complain about on the muppet forums?
alot of the complaints are silly mostly "there are no good muppet movies since Jim Henson died" but they then counter with "we want a good Muppet movie"

or how most of the original puppeteers are retired or dead yet they only want stuff from those guys

aome are the design changes for certain muppets , mostly Gonzo


and the one i do agree with..Muppets being played off as a kids only thing
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #137
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
alot of the complaints are silly mostly "there are no good muppet movies since Jim Henson died" but they then counter with "we want a good Muppet movie"

aome are the design changes for certain muppets , mostly Gonzo


and the one i do agree with..Muppets being played off as a kids only thing
That's stupid, almost every muppet movie is enjoyable to me.

(I'll stop before we go completely off topic)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #138
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermash042 View Post
I find it funny that people have to confirm to themselves that they won't go see it. Like it's some deep seeded confession that has to be expressed. No one is forcing you or making you go to the movies.

If a quick Skrillix insert alone is enough to turn you away from the franchise as a whole, well, I don't know what to say other than you must get turned off by every movie/ tv show / commercial that uses dubstep...which is like, everything now.


As for the seeing a movie called Ninja Turtles but not about the Ninja Turtles....Wut?
I'm not confirming to myself, that's why I posted on the forum. I know k=no one is forcing me to see the movie, it just sucks that I waited 5+ years for this movie, and was let down by the final product. Originally it was supposed to be much darker.

No the Skrillex song didn't turn me away from the franchise, are you kidding me. It set the tone for the movie, if they have Michael Bay directing, and Skrillex as the music bed, it's a cash grab.

How is this movie about the TMNT, Shredder is white and a completely different (bad) design, the turtles are enormous and have way too much gear on, the original title removed Teenage and Mutant from the title, a new origin story, I could go on for hours. When you're sitting in the theater and realize that they could've made the same movie without slapping the name "TMNT" on it a la Battleship, then you'll see my point.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #139
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
There's a reason why they chose that music for the trailer, yes it's a stupid reason but it's not to look cool, it's because the music is simply called "Reptile". And besides, I bet it won't even be in the movie, most of the times the songs used on the trailers are nowhere to be found on the movies themselves. So if anyone decides not to see the movie based on a song used for it's trailer is just a sad little troll that just wants to talk crap about everything about this movie, no matter how stupid and ridiculous it is.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #140
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
When you're sitting in the theater and realize that they could've made the same movie without slapping the name "TMNT" on it a la Battleship, then you'll see my point.
bro...you know that MONSTERMASH helped design the Turtles right?

im not taking sides (cause really, I could not less care what either side thinks, Im going to see this movie), but I can only imagine what he thinks of the comments made on these boards daily, when he and others poured their time, and creativity into this film.

I say this in response to your last statement that I quoted above.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.