The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #221
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post



Thank god I'm already heavily medicated. Seriously.

So, who wants to place bets on what 80s franchise they're going to give to Bay to mangle next? Cuz you know it's coming.
The horror!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #222
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Oh, for Azatoth's sake, leave Rainbow Brite alone.

You know they'd slut her up and Starlite would have a crush on her. Y'know, to make it "hip" and "funny". "I like how you ride me without a saddle, Rainbow..."
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #223
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Please, knowing our luck they'll hand him He-Man or Thundercats. I can see it now - Megan Fox as Cheetara, Panthro can be some jive-talkin' mofo... it'll be box-office gold.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #224
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It'd be impossible. The people who didn't like this one are only gonna hate the sequel even more, both because it continues something they don't like and because as most sequels do, it will probably amp up all the things they didn't like about the first one (the same way the second "Pirates" movie was content to recycle the exact same jokes and gags, just twice as many). Meanwhile, the people who like it are just going to be even more protective and defensive of the sequel.

They'll never, ever make a movie that "unites" the fandom, but I wish they had managed to make one that wasn't SO polarizing. It can only get worse from here, as far as the arguing goes, which is why I kind of wish they'd just stop making movies altogether. They're not gonna make a better one than this one, nobody's ever gonna stop arguing about it and taking it way too far, so what's the point, anymore?

I never thought I'd say it, but I think we've had enough TMNT movies for a while. It's only ever going to come to this same kind of thing out of people, and that's depressing.
If they were to do a faithful adaptation of Mirage, you would get a lot less arguing. Sure some people don't like Mirage, but the discussions wouldn't be as heated. Same goes for a faithful OT, Nick, or IDW, 2K3 etc...
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #225
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Please, knowing our luck they'll hand him He-Man or Thundercats. I can see it now - Megan Fox as Cheetara, Panthro can be some jive-talkin' mofo... it'll be box-office gold.
Heman's apparently in preproduction.

I don't even want to know.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #226
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
If they were to do a faithful adaptation of Mirage, you would get a lot less arguing. Sure some people don't like Mirage, but the discussions wouldn't be as heated. Same goes for a faithful OT, Nick, or IDW, 2K3 etc...
I dunno. We got just as many people who aren't fans of the Mirage as they aren't fans of the 2014 movie. And it's OK to not be digging the source material. I personally love the movie version of Kick Ass vs the comic version, especially when it comes the second one.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #227
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
If they were to do a faithful adaptation of Mirage, you would get a lot less arguing. Sure some people don't like Mirage, but the discussions wouldn't be as heated. Same goes for a faithful OT, Nick, or IDW, 2K3 etc...
See, I completely disagree. I think you'd have the exact same rabble-rousers complaining that everything was too "safe" and "boring" if they did any of that. If for no other reason than, this movie's "different for different's sake" approach is something a lot of people celebrate for some reason.

Maybe there'd be a little less arguing, but I doubt it. They'd still be saying people "can't handle change" and are "stuck in the past", only they'd have a lot more ammo.

Anyways, that Jem movie is coming out soon. That sounds pretty terrible.

And there's a hyphen in "He-Man", you heathen.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #228
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
As of now Jeff Wadlow (Kick-Ass 2) is writing and directing He-Man. That is the only 80s franchise I think deserves a 21st century movie.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #229
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
See, I completely disagree. I think you'd have the exact same rabble-rousers complaining that everything was too "safe" and "boring" if they did any of that. If for no other reason than, this movie's "different for different's sake" approach is something a lot of people celebrate for some reason.

Maybe there'd be a little less arguing, but I doubt it. They'd still be saying people "can't handle change" and are "stuck in the past", only they'd have a lot more ammo.

Anyways, that Jem movie is coming out soon. That sounds pretty terrible.

And there's a hyphen in "He-Man", you heathen.
Yeah, I had to do a double take, I thought he said Herman, and I thought that was some weird comedy about the voices in a guys head.

So, lets see, Hollywood is doing a live action Clifford!

I'm surprised Disney didn't do a version of ChipNDale Rescue Ranges when Alvin and The Chipmunks were a modest hit.

I would have always loved an updated version of BraveStar. If just to see ThirtyThirty as a live action android on the big screen. I could imagine it would look wicked as hell.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #230
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Terrible news.

I found out the news this morning but was out all day so I couldn't really comment. Man, what a bummer this is. I guess it's just because this movie feels so rushed and lacking of a cohesive story that I'm worried that within two years time....they'll rush this sequel out just as fast and without care like this movie was. I guess it's interesting to think of the possibilities, but I have to say I don't like the world set up for me in this first movie to care about what kind of adventures these Teenage Mutant Douchebag Turtles are going to get into.
__________________

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 08-10-2014 at 06:49 PM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #231
M-Frame
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 20
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turn Up. Just saw it a second time. I forgot who said it, but while far from perfect it was very entertaining. Hopefully the sequel is also PG-13 rated (at the very least), PD ignores fanboys this time around, and the turtles aren't de-clothed or shrunken.
M-Frame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #232
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
As of now Jeff Wadlow (Kick-Ass 2) is writing and directing He-Man. That is the only 80s franchise I think deserves a 21st century movie.
Why not She-Ra?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #233
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Terrible news.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #234
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Why not She-Ra?
They could always spin it off. I mean, to be fair, She-Ra only had about 1/1000 the interest or fanbase He-Man had. And if the cartoon hadn't been directly spun-off from that, done in the exact same style, and He-Man didn't constantly show up in the show, that audience would've been about 0. Just saying. Nobody's screaming to bring She-Ra back because nobody was really begging for it back in the 80s in the first place.

Hollywood can't even figure out how to make Wonder Woman work, how are they ever gonna handle She-Ra? She's a chick and she has a sword. That's way more detail than Hollywood can handle with their female leads.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #235
jett
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 13
After seeing this current tmnt I can only a sequel will is great news.

I didn't have high expectations of it but it was actually entertaining. It had nice action, great story and it was funny and every character played their role well. I rate it a 8 or9 /10. Great TMNT movie.
jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #236
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
You do know these two were the Blue Door writers, right? Liebesman is getting too much blame.
Where did you get this info?

I thought Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum were not apart of the project when the blue door script got leaked. I remember from an interview that Andre said they were called recently to rewrite the script. Almost all of the writers, beside Jonathan Liebesman, were only credited for rewrites instead of writing the actual script.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #237
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They could always spin it off. I mean, to be fair, She-Ra only had about 1/1000 the interest or fanbase He-Man had. And if the cartoon hadn't been directly spun-off from that, done in the exact same style, and He-Man didn't constantly show up in the show, that audience would've been about 0. Just saying. Nobody's screaming to bring She-Ra back because nobody was really begging for it back in the 80s in the first place.

Hollywood can't even figure out how to make Wonder Woman work, how are they ever gonna handle She-Ra? She's a chick and she has a sword. That's way more detail than Hollywood can handle with their female leads.
Might be hard to do, she had that flying pegasus unicorn, and those things tend to not look so hot in CGI.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #238
M-Frame
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
...I guess it's just because this movie feels so rushed and lacking of a cohesive story that I'm worried that within two years time....they'll rush this sequel out just as fast and without care like this movie was...
I think a lot of the reason the movie feels so rushed/patched together and disjointed is due to scenes being removed/re-shot last minute partly 'cuz of negative reactions from fans. It's pretty heartbreaking, really. I think if the studio ignored fanboys and trolls/nerds and stuck to their guns as far as the route they were initially taking with the movie, we would've a got a more cohesive, connected, fleshed-out story...... but also a white Shredder. Unfortunately due to ****** circumstances (Both PD and angry nerds are to blame), we couldn't have it both ways.

Last edited by M-Frame; 08-10-2014 at 06:58 PM.
M-Frame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #239
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
Where did you get this info?

I thought Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum were not apart of the project when the blue door script got leaked. I remember from an interview that Andre said they were called recently to rewrite the script. Almost all of the writers, beside Jonathan Liebesman, were only credited for rewrites instead of writing the actual script.
From the script that has their names on it.

Nemec and Applebaum were the originators of alien turtles and a military Foot (and Colonel Schraeder) which is why I'm pissed they're working on the sequel. I've seen what their version of a TMNT script is and it's bad.....really bad.

Evan Dougherty was brought in to rewrite their crappy script. Liebesman didn't have any hand in the script or the rewrites.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #240
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Just because it is announced doesn't mean it'll 100% happen folks.

Sequels get 'announced' all the time. How many times have they announced Ghostbusters 3 is 'getting made' and is 'coming soon'? Still nothing. Studios announced a sequel to the remake of Evil Dead, and nothing so far on that either.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.