The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #241
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Frame View Post
I think a lot of the reason the movie feels so rushed/patched together and disjointed is due to scenes being removed/re-shot last minute partly 'cuz of negative reactions from fans. It's pretty heartbreaking, really. I think if the studio ignored fanboys and trolls/nerds and stuck to their guns as far as the route they were initially taking with the movie, we would've a got a more cohesive, connected, fleshed-out story...... and probably a white Shredder. Unfortunately due to ****** circumstances (Both PD and angry nerds are to blame), we couldn't have both.
I think right there should be your biggest red flag as to why this next movie is doomed. If they're not confident in the stories they're trying to create and are so afraid of changing certain things due to fan backlash, what makes us think they're competent and confident enough to write better stories?

It makes me kind of sick actually. Very terrible news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Just because it is announced doesn't mean it'll 100% happen folks.

Sequels get 'announced' all the time. How many times have they announced Ghostbusters 3 is 'getting made' and is 'coming soon'? Still nothing. Studios announced a sequel to the remake of Evil Dead, and nothing so far on that either.
This is what I'm hoping for, but what makes me nervous is they've already set a date. Sure, this could change...but look at Amazing Spider-Man 2. When that was released in 2012, it was a modest hit but it was good enough to set a date for May of this year. Obviously any Spider-Man fan can tell you what a piece of garbage that film is and I'm afraid we'll probably see a pattern with TMNT 2 in 2016.

I wish this would take a Green Lantern path and just fall off already.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #242
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I think right there should be your biggest red flag as to why this next movie is doomed. If they're not confident in the stories they're trying to create and are so afraid of changing certain things due to fan backlash, what makes us think they're competent and confident enough to write better stories?

It makes me kind of sick actually. Very terrible news.
They should have done like GI Joe and delay it a year and started the whole thing over from scratch. Starting from the script and onwards.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #243
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Sequels get 'announced' all the time. How many times have they announced Ghostbusters 3 is 'getting made' and is 'coming soon'? Still nothing. Studios announced a sequel to the remake of Evil Dead, and nothing so far on that either.
Often, though, when the studio gives it a release date it’s virtually a done deal. Sony has never given Ghostbusters 3 a release date. My guess is Paramount was always confident with TMNT and the sequel has been in the works for a while. Not only did they make the announcement very quickly, but they even announced who's writing it.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #244
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They could always spin it off. I mean, to be fair, She-Ra only had about 1/1000 the interest or fanbase He-Man had. And if the cartoon hadn't been directly spun-off from that, done in the exact same style, and He-Man didn't constantly show up in the show, that audience would've been about 0. Just saying. Nobody's screaming to bring She-Ra back because nobody was really begging for it back in the 80s in the first place.

Hollywood can't even figure out how to make Wonder Woman work, how are they ever gonna handle She-Ra? She's a chick and she has a sword. That's way more detail than Hollywood can handle with their female leads.
A She-Ra movie would be awesome - I for one would plunk down my dollars to see Swiftwind. Though if they're gonna put $$ into a cg unicorn, I'd much rather that they do a live-action version of The Last Unicorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Frame View Post
I think a lot of the reason the movie feels so rushed/patched together and disjointed is due to scenes being removed/re-shot last minute partly 'cuz of negative reactions from fans. It's pretty heartbreaking, really. I think if the studio ignored fanboys and trolls/nerds and stuck to their guns as far as the route they were initially taking with the movie, we would've a got a more cohesive, connected, fleshed-out story...... but also a white Shredder. Unfortunately due to ****** circumstances (Both PD and angry nerds are to blame), we couldn't have it both ways.
Oh yeah, it's our fault. Last I checked, none of the leery crowd were in the editing room - they didn't tell 'em how to cut it. Seriously, if you can't edit together a cohesive story, fine - but don't blame it on someone else. They're professionals, I'm not taking any blame for their lack of pride or talent in their chosen profession.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #245
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
For some reason I have a feeling the writing for this movie is going / will be going like this...



- Platinum Dunes
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #246
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Frame View Post
I think a lot of the reason the movie feels so rushed/patched together and disjointed is due to scenes being removed/re-shot last minute partly 'cuz of negative reactions from fans. It's pretty heartbreaking, really. I think if the studio ignored fanboys and trolls/nerds and stuck to their guns as far as the route they were initially taking with the movie, we would've a got a more cohesive, connected, fleshed-out story...... but also a white Shredder. Unfortunately due to ****** circumstances (Both PD and angry nerds are to blame), we couldn't have it both ways.
^
agreed. one thing they need to do is ignore the fanboys. they damn near ruin the fandom.
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #247
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Frame View Post
I think a lot of the reason the movie feels so rushed/patched together and disjointed is due to scenes being removed/re-shot last minute partly 'cuz of negative reactions from fans. It's pretty heartbreaking, really. I think if the studio ignored fanboys and trolls/nerds and stuck to their guns as far as the route they were initially taking with the movie, we would've a got a more cohesive, connected, fleshed-out story...... but also a white Shredder. Unfortunately due to ****** circumstances (Both PD and angry nerds are to blame), we couldn't have it both ways.
If the studio hasn't listened to "angry nerds", we would have gotten the Blue Door version - alien Turtles, alien Shredder, Shia-style Casey, etc. The reason they had to rush and patch things together so much is because they kept having to backtrack away from all of their terrible ideas after each online controversy. It didn't lead to a good movie, but it shows that every last one of their creative instincts were completely lousy. That's not our fault - that's theirs.

...though actually, y'know what? I actually think I agree - I wish they hadn't listened. That movie would have crashed and burned instantly, and would have been legitimately more interesting in a "what the hell were they thinking?" kind of way.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #248
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
A She-Ra movie would be awesome - I for one would plunk down my dollars to see Swiftwind. Though if they're gonna put $$ into a cg unicorn, I'd much rather that they do a live-action version of The Last Unicorn.
Now you're just trying to get me all excited for things that'll never happen. "The Last Unicorn", she says...

And I didn't say I wouldn't see a She-Ra movie, because I more than likely would, I just don't think they'd have any idea how to do it. The entire cast is chicks, and one possibly-bi-curious male archer with a 70s porn 'stache. How would anyone in Hollywood make that work? They can't even write one competent female character at a time, let alone a dozen. They'd have to pull a "Red Sonja" and have the male lead (probably He-Man in a guest-star role) carry the entire movie, just so they don't have to actually write a female character with any depth. That's how they always do it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #249
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
A She-Ra movie would be awesome - I for one would plunk down my dollars to see Swiftwind. Though if they're gonna put $$ into a cg unicorn, I'd much rather that they do a live-action version of The Last Unicorn.



Oh yeah, it's our fault. Last I checked, none of the leery crowd were in the editing room - they didn't tell 'em how to cut it. Seriously, if you can't edit together a cohesive story, fine - but don't blame it on someone else. They're professionals, I'm not taking any blame for their lack of pride or talent in their chosen profession.
Yes, I have been waiting for a live action Last Unicorn since I saw Legend. Oh well, I am patient, I can wait.

And about the whole white Shredder thing. They did it stupid. They should have gone and done everything they were going to do, make Sachs into a puppet who fails at the end, and then, the ending credits scene should have been Sachs, walking around his mansion, all banged up, when the real Shredder shows up out of the shadows, and gives one of them "I am so disappointed in you, you failed me for the last time. Gather your men, it's time for them to meet their real master!"
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #250
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
If the studio hasn't listened to "angry nerds", we would have gotten the Blue Door version - alien Turtles, alien Shredder, Shia-style Casey, etc. The reason they had to rush and patch things together is because they kept having to backtrack away from all of their terrible ideas. It didn't lead to a good movie, but it shows that every last one of their creative instincts were completely lousy.

...actually, y'know what? I actually think I agree - I wish they hadn't listened. That movie would have crashed and burned instantly, and would have been legitimately more interesting in a "what the hell were they thinking?" kind of way.
The movie was horrible from the get-go when they approved and started working on the Blue Door version. No matter how much patchwork and re-shot scenes you throw in there, it's still horrible since it's using that as the base.

They should have swallowed their pride, admit they had no idea what they were doing and started over from scratch.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #251
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
If the studio hasn't listened to "angry nerds", we would have gotten the Blue Door version - alien Turtles, alien Shredder, Shia-style Casey, etc. The reason they had to rush and patch things together so much is because they kept having to backtrack away from all of their terrible ideas after each online controversy. It didn't lead to a good movie, but it shows that every last one of their creative instincts were completely lousy. That's not our fault - that's theirs.

...though actually, y'know what? I actually think I agree - I wish they hadn't listened. That movie would have crashed and burned instantly, and would have been legitimately more interesting in a "what the hell were they thinking?" kind of way.
I've often wondered what movie we would've gotten if a Bay hadn't told the press that the turtles were aliens back in 2012 and the backlash never happened.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #252
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I can’t see She-Ra ever getting her own movie. However, I can see her and her whole back-story appearing in a MOTU sequel.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #253
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Yes, I have been waiting for a live action Last Unicorn since I saw Legend.
Snicker. "Legend". Tom Cruise's "I'm Trying To Come Out But I Still Want My Parents To Love Me" movie.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #254
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist
 
RaphaelinSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The movie was horrible from the get-go when they approved and started working on the Blue Door version. No matter how much patchwork and re-shot scenes you throw in there, it's still horrible since it's using that as the base.

They should have swallowed their pride, admit they had no idea what they were doing and started over from scratch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
They should have gone and done everything they were going to do, make Sachs into a puppet who fails at the end, and then, the ending credits scene should have been Sachs, walking around his mansion, all banged up, when the real Shredder shows up out of the shadows, and gives one of them "I am so disappointed in you, you failed me for the last time. Gather your men, it's time for them to meet their real master!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
If the studio hasn't listened to "angry nerds", we would have gotten the Blue Door version - alien Turtles, alien Shredder, Shia-style Casey, etc. The reason they had to rush and patch things together so much is because they kept having to backtrack away from all of their terrible ideas after each online controversy. It didn't lead to a good movie, but it shows that every last one of their creative instincts were completely lousy. That's not our fault - that's theirs.

...though actually, y'know what? I actually think I agree - I wish they hadn't listened. That movie would have crashed and burned instantly, and would have been legitimately more interesting in a "what the hell were they thinking?" kind of way.
These 3 right here. They know what's up.
__________________
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #255
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Now you're just trying to get me all excited for things that'll never happen. "The Last Unicorn", she says...

And I didn't say I wouldn't see a She-Ra movie, because I more than likely would, I just don't think they'd have any idea how to do it. The entire cast is chicks, and one possibly-bi-curious male archer with a 70s porn 'stache. How would anyone in Hollywood make that work? They can't even write one competent female character at a time, let alone a dozen. They'd have to pull a "Red Sonja" and have the male lead (probably He-Man in a guest-star role) carry the entire movie, just so they don't have to actually write a female character with any depth. That's how they always do it.
Agreed. The only way it could work is in the hands of a competent writer and female director - and the odds are extremely slim. As far as Bow being "possibly" bi-curious - my friend, the man is camper than a row of tents. There is no "possibly" about it, and as far as bi... yeah, he's "bi" the same way Elton John is. Not that I have any problem with that whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Yes, I have been waiting for a live action Last Unicorn since I saw Legend. Oh well, I am patient, I can wait.
Agreed - besides, the animated movie was very solid, and as far as I'm concerned, if they don't get Christopher Lee to play King Haggard, it just wouldn't be right.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #256
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
As far as Bow being "possibly" bi-curious - my friend, the man is camper than a row of tents. There is no "possibly" about it, and as far as bi... yeah, he's "bi" the same way Elton John is. Not that I have any problem with that whatsoever.
To his credit, Bow hides it better than Tom Cruise. Y'ever see "Eyes Wide Shut"? That chick was his wife, and I've seen coked-up porn stars be more believably intimate with their partners. Guy ain't foolin' noooobody.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #257
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Agreed. My gay-dar is absolutely infallible, and Tom Cruise pings it in the worst way. Besides, like appearing in Interview With The Vampire wasn't a desperate attempt to surreptitiously poke his toes out of the closet.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #258
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I think I saw that twice at most, but I do remember yelling "Just kiss him already!" at the TV at that one part.

Plus, y'know... "Legend". Literally all of it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #259
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Snicker. "Legend". Tom Cruise's "I'm Trying To Come Out But I Still Want My Parents To Love Me" movie.
People don't watch Legend for Tom Cruise and his Jack. They watch it for the Unicorns, a dark Mia Sara, and Tim Curry! The latter, one of the most underrated actors in the business.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #260
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Question. How can Tim Curry be "underrated" when he's been in everything that's ever been made? Seriously, just turn on your TV and flick channels at random, and you'll land on Tim Curry an average of 38 times every 60 seconds.

And yeah, I don't often agree with Bam Margera, but "Unicorns Are Pretty Kick-Ass."
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.