The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #321
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Internationally, it's made $90+. And it still has something like 40 territories to release in. The film will be more than profitable.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #322
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Just read this from an article:

Quote:
Platinum Dunes has announced sequels after successful openings that either didn't happen or happened years later (Friday the 13th), so if the drop next week is massive you might see this sequel get stuck in development hell.
It's possible that bad word of mouth could keep people from seeing the movie next weekend. I'm also betting that since a lot of the people who saw it didn't like it, there won't be as many repeat viewings.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #323
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Internationally, it's made $90+. And it still has like 30 countries to release in. The film will be more than profitable.
Ah. Yeah, I never doubted the film would turn a profit, even if I didn't expect it to outperform its tracking the way it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
It's possible that bad word of mouth could keep people from seeing the movie next weekend. I'm also betting that since a lot of the people who saw it didn't like it, there won't be as many repeat viewings.
It's possible, but unlikely. As much negative word of mouth as there is, the movie's fans have been just as vocal. I don't see word of mouth harming the film's performance.
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #324
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
Just read this from an article:



It's possible that bad word of mouth could keep people from seeing the movie next weekend. I'm also betting that since a lot of the people who saw it didn't like it, there won't be as many repeat viewings.
Not going to be a problem with Tmnt. Twitter is a buzz with positivity with this movie and most of the comments are about how they're going to see it again. So I doubt there is going to be a major substantial drop that would halt production of a sequel in which already has a release date. Which is a major factor.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #325
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorViolence View Post
Where did you get that figure? It opened to $65 million.

Anyway I agree that petitions like that are a waste of time. If anything, it's just stirring up more of the same controversy that helps this movie do as well as it did. It would never convince them to cancel the sequel.

Now, a petition naming a good director to hire in place of Liebesman, or to change scriptwriters, either of those I could see having an impact. But to cancel the sequel? Not in a million years.
it made 93.7 mill worldwide and i agree, petitioning for a diff director or something like that would be one thing but to ask to cancle development all together is a ridiculous notion and one that is sure to stir up arguments....
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #326
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
You may have to explain to Mr. Bay who those characters are.
I highly doubt Bay had much to do with TMNT considering he was directing TF4 during the duration of filming the it
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #327
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
would be sick in the sequel if they start testing the mutagen on a rabbit a gecko a rhino and a warthog.....

usagi and mondo gecko escape somehow... mondo gecko ends up taking mikeys skateboard

would be awesome
__________________
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #328
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
Just read this from an article:



It's possible that bad word of mouth could keep people from seeing the movie next weekend. I'm also betting that since a lot of the people who saw it didn't like it, there won't be as many repeat viewings.
Again, they announced a release date. If they just said "We are going to make a sequel" I wouldn't think anything of it. WB did the same after Green Lantern's opening weekend. A lot of studios do that to sound bullish and make people who were maybe on the fence before want to watch the film. So yes, WB said a sequel was coming, but then nothing else. Paramount, not Platinum Dunes, has not only announced a sequel but also a release date. Once something get's a date allocated to it it’s pretty much a done deal.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #329
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
People just need to let it go and accept the fact that we're getting a sequel. It may not be what you wanted but guess what. That's life.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #330
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Honestly, since the sequel is already marked to happen I think constructive outspoken fan feedback about this first one would be more beneficial at this point, rather than petitions. I have to say I surprisingly kinda look forward to a sequel now IF they will consider feedback and give the next one the aspects/tweaks that the first would have benefited from (different pacing, length, character development, etc).
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #331
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Honestly, since the sequel is already marked to happen I think constructive outspoken fan feedback about this first one would be more beneficial at this point, rather than petitions. I have to say I surprisingly kinda look forward to a sequel now IF they will consider feedback and give the next one the aspects/tweaks that the first would have benefited from (different pacing, length, character development, etc).
I wouldn't put much stock in that. Bay has openly stated he doesn't give a F about fan feedback with Transformers because they can hate the movies as much as they want, but they'll still watch them and the films will make tons of money.

He literally doesn't care what audiences think. He cares what audiences spend.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #332
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Good, valid point I suppose, sadly enough.


Ok, listen here all ya film makery people involved and to be involved in this thing... There's enough people involved that there's bound to be an amount that do care what goes on. Bay isn't the only one in there, and maybe money has power so a producer is still able to pull some strings, but if something isn't working you need to pull an April and put your foot down with a "No, that's stupid, they're [the] Turtles! We're not doing that!" K? We cool with that? Please? Ok then... proceed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #333
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Honestly, I'd say get a basic script. Let's push a little longer and go for 2 hours.

Now, the script, let's aim for about 100 pages (1 pg of script = 1 minute of film).

So you need a script of 100 minutes with 20 minutes of time to fill. That fill-time should be with the script giving some general scenes, but no specifics. Some areas should be summarized as to what the turtles are doing, but don't go into detail on dialogue.

Then.....just let them improv some stuff. Seriously, if the elevator scene was improv, let these guys embrace the characters and see what they do with it. That scene embraced the group dynamic wonderfully from Mikey starting it off to Leo's awkward look and glances at Mikey until he caved in and joined 'em.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #334
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Here's 2 articles suggesting that Jonathan Liebesman may direct Transformers 5.

http://screenrant.com/transformers-5...not-directing/

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/article...-liebesman.htm

So there's probably a chance that Liebesman may not return for the sequel.

Last edited by Xiewin; 08-11-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #335
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
Just read this from an article:



It's possible that bad word of mouth could keep people from seeing the movie next weekend. I'm also betting that since a lot of the people who saw it didn't like it, there won't be as many repeat viewings.
You could be right...though I've found that people who care enough to post their displeasure online isn't always a great indicator of the general response to a film and whether or not it will have legs. I saw the movie opening night and the last showing last night (Sunday), and both were sell outs with the majority of people clapping enthusiastically at the end.

Just adding some perspective.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #336
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
If Bay is not going to direct Transformers 5 but Liebesman could be doing it, then what is Bay going to do because I don't want him to direct the next TMNT movie but, I have heard Bay is going be directing Power Rangers and The Birds (rumors) so he be focusing on those movies and hope he won't be the director for TMNT 2
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 08-11-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #337
massakre
Foot Soldier
 
massakre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
It's possible that bad word of mouth could keep people from seeing the movie next weekend. I'm also betting that since a lot of the people who saw it didn't like it, there won't be as many repeat viewings.
The only bad word of mouth I've seen has either come from this site or movie critics.. friends, fam, twitter-verse, co-workers, facebookers, etc. have either thought it was a decent movie or they LOVED the movie. People are just happy to see them on the big screen and enjoy the nostalgia and really take the film lightly as another summer popcorn flick.. unlike us here lol
massakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #338
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Here's 2 articles suggesting that Jonathan Liebesman may direct Transformers 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
If Bay is not going to direct Transformers 5 but Liebesman could be doing it, then what is Bay going to do because I don't want him to direct the next TMNT movie but, I have heard Bay is going be directing Power Rangers and The Birds so he be focusing on those movies and hope he won't be the director for TMNT 2
Good, keep them busy! Throw in 'formers 6 & 7 even, and pile up ideas in Bay's lap, if there are more childhood franchises maybe pick on some other generation for a while...

TMNT has done their time with them, they deserve a break. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #339
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
After seeing TMNT, one thought I came away with was.....


Instead of TMNT, I would have liked to see a Michael Bay produced and/or directed Battletoads.

Because then he CAN go absolute crazy-go-nuts
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #340
Hawkeye
Random Punk
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
Just read this from an article:



It's possible that bad word of mouth could keep people from seeing the movie next weekend. I'm also betting that since a lot of the people who saw it didn't like it, there won't be as many repeat viewings.
First of all, Turtles made more in 3 days than Friday the 13th in total. Yes, the budgets are different, but the budget can always be cut and still probably create a fairly successful Turtles film.

On top of that, Friday the 13th didn't have the toys, 3D glasses, clothing, or merchandise that Turtles will no doubt profit hugely from.

The movie may drop to 3rd next weekend, but it's still likely to do pretty good. It'll make a large enough profit without the extras. With them? Paramount struck a gold mine.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.