The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #481
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Yeah, but why would they 'patch anything up'? The makers don't think they did anything wrong.

These are the same people who kept saying 'we won't use Megan as a sex symbol' (cue Mikey's constant pick-up lines or 'shell tightening', or Will Arnett checking out her ass')....or 'it'll have fight scenes like The Raid & Fist of Legend'....sure it did,

To them, they won. It's making money, there are people who enjoyed it...so to them, they did a 'good job' and will just do the same thing. Just like Transformers 1-4.
Well a girl can hope, can't she. lol At least at this point it's plenty early enough to voice feedback on pros and cons of the first, if they'd ever take some of it into consideration.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #482
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Yeah, but why would they 'patch anything up'? The makers don't think they did anything wrong.

These are the same people who kept saying 'we won't use Megan as a sex symbol' (cue Mikey's constant pick-up lines or 'shell tightening', or Will Arnett checking out her ass')....or 'it'll have fight scenes like The Raid & Fist of Legend'....sure it did,

To them, they won. It's making money, there are people who enjoyed it...so to them, they did a 'good job' and will just do the same thing. Just like Transformers 1-4.
ANy thing You say about a movie you haven't seen I dont care how much "your friends" tell you. Context means alot. Megan is not a sex symbol Regardless of what you say.

Also Considering all the changes the did make to appease fans. I would not surprise me if the really focus in on the next movie,
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #483
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Yeah, but why would they 'patch anything up'? The makers don't think they did anything wrong.

These are the same people who kept saying 'we won't use Megan as a sex symbol' (cue Mikey's constant pick-up lines or 'shell tightening', or Will Arnett checking out her ass')....or 'it'll have fight scenes like The Raid & Fist of Legend'....sure it did,

To them, they won. It's making money, there are people who enjoyed it...so to them, they did a 'good job' and will just do the same thing. Just like Transformers 1-4.
That brad fuller guy seems to be really proud that his sh**ty film is making so much money. He's always re-tweeting positive comments about it on twitter. ughh, I don't understand how could anyone could be proud of this. My worst fear is that it may end up like the transformers trilogy.

All I can do is hope that these people will take negative feedback into consideration when doing the sequel.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #484
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
I have yet to see this movie yet but I rather not see the Technodrome as I feel they will make it too much like Transformers. Has Kevin or Peter given their thoughts on the movie?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #485
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
There is zero randomness when it comes to how batman, superman, thor, captain america, superman and x-men came to be. They made conscious decisions because of certain things, cap, thor, superman, and batman could have misused their gifts to become bad guys or just not save people and sit there, but they didn't, the same goes for the x-men.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #486
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,747
Noel Fisher agrees with the fans on what and who needs to be in the sequel.

Quote:
Now, they just announced the sequel even before last weekend was over. What do you know about it?

Noel Fisher: Oh, man. Those conversations are above my pay grade. We are signed for three. All of the turtles are signed for three. But yeah, I would love to do another one. I want to see Krang! I want to see Krang, BeBop and Rocksteady. Those are the three that I really want to see. I think motion capture Krang, BeBop and Rocksteady would be so bad ass! (Laughs) That would be pretty sweet to have this giant robot brain thing fighting the turtles! What could be better than that?

I think it sets up a dynamic for Mikey to have with Casey Jones, if he's brought in as April's love interest. Of course, Mikey is going to be jealous of Casey. That has to be fun to figure out that relationship.

Noel Fisher: That would be fun. That's another character I'd like to see back, man. Casey! That would be fun. It would be like, what does a little kid do when he gets jealous? That could be really funny.
http://www.movieweb.com/news/noel-fi...tles-exclusive

I'm glad to know that he and his three turtle brothers have a three picture deal.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 08-16-2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Adding the link.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #487
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I have yet to see this movie yet but I rather not see the Technodrome as I feel they will make it too much like Transformers. Has Kevin or Peter given their thoughts on the movie?
Well Kevin said he loved it, but Laird hasn't given his word on it yet.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #488
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Noel Fisher agrees with the fans on what and who needs to be in the sequel.



I'm glad to know that he and his three turtle brothers have a three picture deal.
HELL YES!!! we're getting a trilogy!!!

Please use Krang!
please let Pete voice Leo
please don't replace any of the Turtle's actors!
Please don't replace Megan fox
please use Leatherhead
please don't over use Shredder
please use Baxter stockman!
please Let the Turtles have more screentime
please find a way to incorporate Hamato yoshi into Splinter's origin
Please don't use the lame IDW reincarnation origin

Those are my wishes for the sequels.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #489
RAPHAEL#1fan
Foot Soldier
 
RAPHAEL#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
HELL YES!!! we're getting a trilogy!!!

Please use Krang!
please let Pete voice Leo
please don't replace any of the Turtle's actors!
Please don't replace Megan fox
please use Leatherhead
please don't over use Shredder
please use Baxter stockman!
please Let the Turtles have more screentime
please find a way to incorporate Hamato yoshi into Splinter's origin
Please don't use the lame IDW reincarnation origin

Those are my wishes for the sequels.
So, your ok with having Leo sound different from movie to movie, personally Knox was awesome as Leo, my question would be now that Knox is Leo will they replace him for motion capture as well.
RAPHAEL#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #490
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPHAEL#1fan View Post
my question would be now that Knox is Leo will they replace him for motion capture as well.
Don't see any reason they would, and Pete is still young... that mocap work is a young guy's game and the actors got their own brotherhood going that works within the acting and can come out in the Turtles, would be foolish to mess with that. Questionable if it might also screw with the rigging of the existing models or not...


And personally, as a Leo fan, I would not mind if Leo's voice was changed for the next, not in this case. I'm hopeful that they'll do right by Pete and Leo this next time. Knoxville had good moments, the rest of the time around those moments however... *sigh*

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-16-2014 at 04:08 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #491
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPHAEL#1fan View Post
So, your ok with having Leo sound different from movie to movie, personally Knox was awesome as Leo, my question would be now that Knox is Leo will they replace him for motion capture as well.
Well yeah, IMO Knoxville didn't sound good as Leo but he didn't sound horrible.

Pete should have voiced Leo, I mean all the other Turtles sounded great! it would feel a lot more natural too

pretty sure Knoxville won't be doing the motion capture, Knoxvilles an older guy, Pete is like 27/28 so yeah.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #492
RatKingLeo
Foot Soldier
 
RatKingLeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 195
My wish for a sequel is.....NO SEQUEL!!!

My other wish is that all copies of this horrible movie be erased so they are forced to create a movie that is worth anyone's time. This was a complete money grab. No substance at all. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

F*$k you MICHALE BAY
__________________
Check out http://theaggregatebook.com

SHELLBACK ARTWORKS:
http://www.facebook.com/ShellbackArtworks
RatKingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #493
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatKingLeo View Post
My wish for a sequel is.....NO SEQUEL!!!

My other wish is that all copies of this horrible movie be erased so they are forced to create a movie that is worth anyone's time. This was a complete money grab. No substance at all. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

F*$k you MICHALE BAY
You should really be blaming the writers and the godawful director, Johnathan Liebesman.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #494
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
please find a way to incorporate Hamato yoshi into Splinter's origin
Please don't use the lame IDW reincarnation origin

Those are my wishes for the sequels.
Contradictory.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #495
RatKingLeo
Foot Soldier
 
RatKingLeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
You should really be blaming the writers and the godawful director, Johnathan Liebesman.
I blame anyone who puts there name on this movie. Its a complete insult to Turtle fans. I was so optimistic and willing to accept a new story or whatever they wanted to do, but they just ripped my heart out and stomped on it while they just collected checks.

I should have known it was going to be bad, as long as they keep the explosions at a high rate Platinum Dunes will be happy no matter how horrible the film is (see transformers especially the last one)
__________________
Check out http://theaggregatebook.com

SHELLBACK ARTWORKS:
http://www.facebook.com/ShellbackArtworks
RatKingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #496
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatKingLeo View Post
I blame anyone who puts there name on this movie. Its a complete insult to Turtle fans. I was so optimistic and willing to accept a new story or whatever they wanted to do, but they just ripped my heart out and stomped on it while they just collected checks.

I should have known it was going to be bad, as long as they keep the explosions at a high rate Platinum Dunes will be happy no matter how horrible the film is (see transformers especially the last one)
Transformers was produced by Platinum Dunes?
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #497
RatKingLeo
Foot Soldier
 
RatKingLeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Transformers was produced by Platinum Dunes?
Actually I don't think so I just assumed they did since Michael bay directed them. See I'm so angry I can't even check my facts before I rant
__________________
Check out http://theaggregatebook.com

SHELLBACK ARTWORKS:
http://www.facebook.com/ShellbackArtworks
RatKingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #498
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatKingLeo View Post
Actually I don't think so I just assumed they did since Michael bay directed them. See I'm so angry I can't even check my facts before I rant
I think most of that anger needs to be directed at the writers.
They are responsible for the story, dialogue and run time. Solely blaming Michael Bay means that they could get away scott free for writing a sh**ty movie.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #499
chrisguyver
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 21
I mean get over it already ^
chrisguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #500
RatKingLeo
Foot Soldier
 
RatKingLeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I think most of that anger needs to be directed at the writers.
They are responsible for the story, dialogue and run time. Solely blaming Michael Bay means that they could get away scott free for writing a sh**ty movie.
I blame everyone including myself for buying a ticket
__________________
Check out http://theaggregatebook.com

SHELLBACK ARTWORKS:
http://www.facebook.com/ShellbackArtworks
RatKingLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.