The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #181
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Why do you insist on telling people how they feel and how they should really feel instead? Who are you to do ish like that?

That's really Uncool Yagami.
I'm not saying how they should feel. I'm just confused as to where the nostalgia is coming from when there is none. Or did I miss the scene when the turtles were fighting bebop and rocksteady with robot foot soldiers while actually looking like themselves? It barely looks and feels like a tmnt movie. Or is the nostalgia coming from Megan fox to remind us of the first two transformers movies?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #182
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
You know if you had asked me before I saw the movie I would have told you how adamantly I opposed a sequel. I was going off of leaked info, the pictures of the Turtles, and just nostalgia of how it should be. I had those fan boy glasses on and I wasn't going to see the movie.

Then I had a friend who wanted me to so bad he offered to pay. I felt justified in seeing it as i hadn't given any of my money to see it. I really liked it. It was far better then I thought it would be. In fact I would go as far as saying it is my second favorite Turtle movie, first of course the original.

The heart was there, the humor, the action it all felt like TMNT to me. So now I'm stoked for a sequel I can't wait to see what they add to the mix.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #183
ernesth100
Thug
 
ernesth100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sewers
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
You know if you had asked me before I saw the movie I would have told you how adamantly I opposed a sequel. I was going off of leaked info, the pictures of the Turtles, and just nostalgia of how it should be. I had those fan boy glasses on and I wasn't going to see the movie.

Then I had a friend who wanted me to so bad he offered to pay. I felt justified in seeing it as i hadn't given any of my money to see it. I really liked it. It was far better then I thought it would be. In fact I would go as far as saying it is my second favorite Turtle movie, first of course the original.

The heart was there, the humor, the action it all felt like TMNT to me. So now I'm stoked for a sequel I can't wait to see what they add to the mix.
I Agree With This Man.
__________________
King of the Nerds!
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #184
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Plus we can expect Casey, Bebop and Rocksteady in the sequel. That's totally awesome.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #185
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Plus we can expect Casey, Bebop and Rocksteady in the sequel. That's totally awesome.
We can? Casey, I can understand... but where are you getting Bebop and Rocksteady from?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #186
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Liebesman himself said during interviews at SDCC that he planned to introduce all 3 characters.

Considering we got barely any character development in the first film, it makes perfect sense. Let's just introduce tons of characters & not explore any of them in depth!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #187
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Liebesman himself said during interviews at SDCC that he planned to introduce all 3 characters.

Considering we got barely any character development in the first film, it makes perfect sense. Let's just introduce tons of characters & not explore any of them in depth!
but you know.... they'll say cowabunga, and there's pizza. Maybe they'll even have Bebop and Rocksteady say 'toitles' once. And all will be forgiven.

Story, character depth, well-shot fight scenes, actual heart and effort, pssssh, who the hell needs all that crap, we got Bebop and Rocksteady, right?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #188
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
but you know.... they'll say cowabunga, and there's pizza. Maybe they'll even have Bebop and Rocksteady say 'toitles' once. And all will be forgiven.

Story, character depth, well-shot fight scenes, actual heart and effort, pssssh, who the hell needs all that crap, we got Bebop and Rocksteady, right?
According to the recent interviews of Brad fuller and Andrew form, I suspect that the sequel might be even worse than than the last. Since "Entertainment" is all that matters to them apparently.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #189
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
According to the recent interviews of Brad fuller and Andrew form, I suspect that the sequel might be even worse than than the last. Since "Entertainment" is all that matters to them apparently.
That's what I mean. Similar to this movie cause hey, turtles are in it, everyone is gonna overlook all flaws and mess ups because hey, Bebop and Rocksteady.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #190
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Liebesman himself said during interviews at SDCC that he planned to introduce all 3 characters.

Considering we got barely any character development in the first film, it makes perfect sense. Let's just introduce tons of characters & not explore any of them in depth!
Pretty much the Transformers formula. The movie makers assume the audience already in one way or the other know the characters.

As with PD TMNT, we never see Raph do the things he apologize for in the "emotional" speech he had at the end. But we know by default Raph is the badass loner who bullies others but still got a mushy center inside. He wants to go solo, but we never really see why he wants to go solo. it's just who he is.

Casey in a PD movie, will probably never be explained why he fight crime, cause we all "know" from other media why he does it.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #191
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Sadly I don't think any comic book movie will ever live up to fans' expectations. Hell, even the original Superman movies had their flaws.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #192
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Sadly I don't think any comic book movie will ever live up to fans' expectations. Hell, even the original Superman movies had their flaws.
You can never please everyone but you can please most people.

Comic book movies are actually in a place were they really are coming into their own but these guys hardly tried to please the fans.

More than that it really doesn't work as a movie in itself. The flaws - which even the fans of the movie agree are there are way too big and too numerous that I would argue if this wasn't a TMNT movie those flaws would matter a whole lot more to them.

Last edited by Galactus; 10-02-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:41 PM   #193
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Sadly I don't think any comic book movie will ever live up to fans' expectations. Hell, even the original Superman movies had their flaws.
Avengers. Guardians. Winter Soldier. Hell people still claim the Nolan Batman trilogy is amazing. So no, some comic book movie do please the majority.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #194
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Avengers. Guardians. Winter Soldier. Hell people still claim the Nolan Batman trilogy is amazing. So no, some comic book movie do please the majority.
Yea, but every movie has its flaws. Even the ones you just mentioned had WTF moments...
Spoiler:
like remember at the end of The Avengers when all the Chitauri conveniently go dead after Iron Man sent the nuke?
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #195
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Yea, but every movie has its flaws. Even the ones you just mentioned had WTF moments...
Spoiler:
like remember at the end of The Avengers when all the Chitauri conveniently go dead after Iron Man sent the nuke?
True, no movie is perfect, and yes they all have flaws. They still pleased the majority. And they didn't have half as many flaws as this one had. They definitely didn't have the violent divide that this one does.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #196
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
The new movie is its own thing. If you quit expecting that the only "good" TMNT is "insert version specific turtles here", you'll understand why people can like this movie.
Wrong. It's just a bad movie to us. Has nothing to do with being it's own take. We all like the IDW books & Nick cartoon. But there is a huuuuuuuge divide over the movie. That says a lot.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #197
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with Powder here. I was completely on board with this movie, until I actually saw it.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #198
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
Ok, let me put it this way since you don't understand:

I do not like the old toon. Also, I think a lot of the Mirage stories are dumb and boring. But I appreciate that people like those incarnations. It's not bad, just not something I'll ever like. But so what? They aren't wrong for liking it and I'm not wrong for disliking it.

The divide over this movie has a lot to do with people having hopes and expectations that a certain tone or version or whatever was going to be portrayed...and it wasn't. Some can get by that, some can't.
__________________

Last edited by Venom; 10-04-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: letting the lipshihtz spill over again
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #199
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
I don't just see it as a bad TMNT movie...to me it's just a bad movie period.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #200
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
I chose not to watch it because it looked like an unappealing film. Not because it wasn't being my ideal take on the Turtles.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sequel


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.