![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo... | |||
| I understand NOTHING. 8( |
|
44 | 35.77% |
| And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! |
|
29 | 23.58% |
| Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. |
|
5 | 4.07% |
| Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! |
|
34 | 27.64% |
| And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... |
|
11 | 8.94% |
| Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#181 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
|
I forgot to mention that I liked that New Jersey joke by Mikey. lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
#182 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#183 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
True, although while I wanted to thump Leo upside the the head for it (lightly, we don't need to add a concussion) and was slightly taken aback by that line.... at the same time though I was thinking now that really it only adds to his depth, that even someone who's usually pretty cautious and careful is still bound to put their foot in their mouth on a rare occasion and helps show that he's imperfect and 'only human,' so to speak.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#184 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
I watched the episode with my 4 year-old nephew the other night and he really enjoyed it. We both cracked up at Mikey's vision of a giant spider playing a banjo.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#185 | |
|
Puppet Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
|
Quote:
__________________
- - - 1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007 "Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful "...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man "Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester "Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#186 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 249
|
Quote:
The scenes looked almost identical. Unless that was suppose to be a wink to something else?
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#187 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sewers
Posts: 91
|
This is agreeable.
__________________
King of the Nerds! |
|
|
|
|
|
#188 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
Yeah, I agree about the part with the hearts reminding me of Powerpuff Girls. I loved that show too as I'm a Bubbles fan.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#189 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 249
|
Alright. I liked this episode, it was cute. Every turtle had a bit of screen time or memorable moments despite the show being Donnie focused.
I wanted so badly for Bigfoot to think Donnie was a girl. So, so, so, SO bad! I have always seen Donnie as the more feminine or pretty one, the most hygienic and neat. I was sad that it didn't play that way, because that would have made me laugh for life! I did enjoy Bigfoot and the crazy crush! XD I'd also like to note that I don't think Bigfoot really said it was male or female, and didn't seem to mind being called either one. They all assumed it was a male, until the crush happened...then everyone assumed it was female. So, it's very possible that Bigfoot could have been male/gay. I mean, it doesn't matter either way, but I'm just saying the gender was only said from the assumption of the characters by Bigfoot's appearance and crush, which we all know can be misleading. The finger. Well....I didn't like him as much as I wanted too and I thought he was....a tad too strong and really nonchalant about seeing giant talking turtles. He was amusing enough tho and it was nice to see a human foe. I personally...liked Leo being a dick and laughing with Casey. 1. It's bonding between Casey and Leo, which we never see. 2. Boys...teen boys, are mean and cocky when they are around each other, especially if one is 'chill' and 'cool' (casey) and the other is more of a 'nerd' or 'nice guy' (leo). Stooping to a common level is not uncommon in this case. 3. This isn't the first time that Leo has teased or made fun of someone before. He's done it to Donnie when they all laughed at him for being hurt by a monkey. He's been teased in return. Bigfoot just doesn't know them and they don't know her so since it was an outsider they were making fun of it seemed a little more mean spirited, even tho all the teasing is mean spirited. 4. Shows that Leo is still maturing and tho he's grown a lot, he's still just a teenie bop and working through all of that on top of everything else. Donnie/April kiss. I'm, so confused by this. I'm not a shipper and I like both Donnie and Casey enough for them to ''get the girl''. I'd be satisfied with both if it came down to it. It's just the way they have been portraying April to stay neutral but has shown a little more interest in Casey...the kiss just thew me off. There wasn't any build up to it. There was no 'omg' moment for April to initiate the kiss. We need some kind of inner monologue from her or better subtle hints. It was just out of nowhere for me because she seemed like she was trying to push both of them away in the friend zone so she didn't have to hurt either one of them. So..I don't know how I feel about it honestly. Not happy, not upset, just confused. Leo's voice. Seth has started going up into his higher octave and I couldn't bee happier! I was a smidge afraid they would keep him in that low batman voice, but there were parts that I totally forgot it was Seth. I kind of can't wait for a Leo centric episode so I can hear more dialog. All in all, the episode was good, cute, funny, weird....confusing. But, I liked it. Anyone else think of 'The venture bros' when Bigfoot fell for the hunter?
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#190 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
Yeah, I like the higher register when he gasped about them bringing Bigfoot to the house. That was well done, and I really like Seth's take on Leo. He's just awesome. And I agree about another Leo-centric episode, but I'm biased, so there you go.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#191 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
I REALLY liked this episode. A lot. Pretty much all down-time & character exploration with a dope fight thrown in at the end. Interesting stuff with April & Donnie. Loved the gross-out humor. Enjoying all the nature sets so much. The finger was kinda cool, albeit goofy. I wish they'd have just called him Bonesteel, though. Might as well have been him, after all.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#192 | |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Quote:
I'm not against it, but with her just remaining a mystery this long and bouncing back and forth like that, it's starting to get a little annoying. It would be funner as an audience imo if we did get some sort of inner monologue or hints that only the audience sees so the audience is in on it. Like other things where two characters may be into each other but don't know it's mutual, it's fun to be able to root for them to happen. April being a mystery though, it just feels, to me, like she doesn't have an equal part in that storyline and is simply the prize to be won through some silly event that wins her. Also agree, the next Leo centric episode will be nice to see. I don't mind that he's kind of taking a break and laying low for a bit. But the more we see of him the sooner I'll manage to get used to that new voice of his. Really what I think needs to happen is more Leo/April hang out time, the subject of Donnie being into her just happens to lightly come up via Leo, even if he's just jokingly mentioning it (but not in a bad way) and we get some kind of vague hint of either a slight yay or nay from April... And then Leo has to keep his mouth shut over it. He could be a good confidant, and hell, she's the one he went to, so why not. Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-11-2014 at 04:26 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#193 | ||
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
|
Quote:
__________________
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#194 | |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 72
|
Quote:
April's reaction to Bigfoot's first Donnie kiss was one of the funniest moments of the series. "Whoa...". |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#195 | |||||
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Last edited by Metalwolf; 10-11-2014 at 05:43 PM. |
|||||
|
|
|
|
|
#196 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 64
|
Definitely a light hearted episode, but not a fan of all the romance comedy. I also didn't get the wrestling references with The Finger and it's really strange having him talking to his, um, mother. At least he was human, and it was nice hearing the Abigail Finn reference.
Seth's voice is still sounding good, especially now that Leo's not sounding as weak as last episode. Donnie's picture in the music box was a bit much, and him getting a little perspective wasn't terrible. I really felt for him listening to him talk to April at the end. Really like how Raph is taking charge with training while Leo's still recovering, and seeing the fight scenes in the forest. Poor ICK. |
|
|
|
|
|
#197 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
What the s**t this episode's still not on Amazon yet.
EDIT: nvm found it on PSN
__________________
Last edited by Ninjinister; 10-11-2014 at 07:25 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#198 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 122
|
That's exactly how I saw it as well.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#199 | |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Quote:
Unless my hearing's starting to go finally.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#200 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Thought I'd just missed something, but now knowing what part it was I had heard the same thing you did.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|