The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #201
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I'm alittle bummed that they had the perfect out to put the whole Donatello/April thing on the backburner or on the shelf entirely and they just circled around. Leaving it pretty much exactly where it was before.

Especially since the whole relationship is tired and the point is way past driven.
I hear ya.

The exit to this thing was right there. When Don stated that he'd leave her alone and stop crushing on her. She should have thanked him for his consideration and they would both move on.

They really need to @#$% or get off the pot with this love triangle.

I was going to say that I don't care either way, but I rather they didn't go with Don/April. Just because I loath this version of April. She comes off as such a "string you along" "lead you on" to feed her ego tease. And this version of Don is so much more likeable when he isn't a love struck white knighting dope.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #202
jazzmatazz
Foot Soldier
 
jazzmatazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: WI
Posts: 124
While I'm also a bit annoyed with the whole April ending. I'm honestly not too upset over it if I reflect back on being a teen girl. I was rather a late bloomer but when I did start getting into people I essentially became a big tease but not fully understanding what the hell I was doing. Also teen girls seem to have a hard time grasping guys have feelings too. Or maybe that was just the group I grew up with.
jazzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #203
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmatazz View Post
While I'm also a bit annoyed with the whole April ending. I'm honestly not too upset over it if I reflect back on being a teen girl. I was rather a late bloomer but when I did start getting into people I essentially became a big tease but not fully understanding what the hell I was doing. Also teen girls seem to have a hard time grasping guys have feelings too. Or maybe that was just the group I grew up with.
Finn from Adventure Time was going through an asshole phase so I guess it goes both ways.

Hmm...all of this is making me reflect on how I was in high school. All I can remember was that I was very uncomfortable throughout the entire ordeal, like I didn't know what was going on.

Ladies, how about you on your high school love life?
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #204
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Finn from Adventure Time was going through an asshole phase so I guess it goes both ways.

Hmm...all of this is making me reflect on how I was in high school. All I can remember was that I was very uncomfortable throughout the entire ordeal, like I didn't know what was going on.

Ladies, how about you on your high school love life?
Finn also had a stage of going through depression and was going with many girls to get over it.

Anyway, when I was a teen, I was a late bloomer. I wasn't particularly interested in the guys around me in high school...sort of. I wasn't sure if I did or not. I'd get drawn to a guy, pull the "Donnie flow chart method" minus the actual flow chart, and think of ways to hang out with said guy to get to know him better (pretty innocent, just like Donnie's chart having things regarding to helping with homework and serving healthy snacks). After a while, it turned out to be more like I had either admiration or an adoration for said guy the whole time as opposed to a romantic liking towards him as strange as that may sound. Maybe it was something about his personality that drew me to him. Ironically, I'm still like that even now.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #205
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Ladies, how about you on your high school love life?
Me? At that age I was unfortunately just the shy wallflower admiring from afar.

First day of 9th grade in my science class I was assigned a seat at the same table (2 per) for the first half of the year right next to my soon to be freshman year crush. Don't think he ever had a clue.

Forget about coming on too strong, I wasn't brave enough to make any move at all. lol Think he had a girlfriend anyhow, but he was at least enjoyable to sit next to.

And don't get me started on the senior when I was a sophomore... Graphics Arts shop/major, 10th and 12th had that one together. Doubt he ever had a clue either.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #206
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I finally saw the episode. What a weird one. The Finger was odd and Bigfoot was okay. Trust me, next episode is awesome. (Saw it at NYCC)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #207
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I finally saw the episode. What a weird one. The Finger was odd and Bigfoot was okay. Trust me, next episode is awesome. (Saw it at NYCC)
...Is there any romance in it... just please tell me...(and when I say romance I mean AprilXanyone)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #208
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
...is there any romance in it... just please tell me...(and when I say romance I mean AprilXanyone)
Why? Did you skip the episode

Anyways, yes. Bigfoot has a major crush on donnie and the storyboards are in it.


EDIT- The next one? No, not at all.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #209
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
This episode was wrong on soooo many levels...disturbing.
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #210
Megchan
Foot Soldier
 
Megchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Why? Did you skip the episode

Anyways, yes. Bigfoot has a major crush on donnie and the storyboards are in it.


EDIT- The next one? No, not at all.
OMG, snake what happens in the next episode?! *shakes snake* TELL ME!! D8

EDIT: Never mind just read it in the NYCC panel thread. ;x
__________________

Image by RamyB of TeeTurtle
Megchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #211
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Really love the episode despite the funny concept of it. I really felt sympathy for Big Foot 'cause, ya know, she is alone and longed for companionship. I liked how Donatello linked himself with bigfoot and how uncomfortable it is to have someone chase you around like some love struck puppy, gotta have some class instead. I loved the Raph tidbits. I disliked Douchey Leo who hurt poor bigfoot's feeling. and I really enjoyed the songs on the episode, it really gave a Fable vibe.

Edit: The episode was also hilarious. I enjoyed watching it overall.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #212
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Why? Did you skip the episode

Anyways, yes. Bigfoot has a major crush on donnie and the storyboards are in it.


EDIT- The next one? No, not at all.
yes...I did skip the episode...I'm kinda done with all the weird comedy episodes XD and the whole love thing....bleh...I saw some of the first part though.

and

Your lying! There must be something!! (thank you T^T)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #213
TMNTmousers
Thug
 
TMNTmousers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 63
the episode

Don and April kiss each other, YUCK!
TMNTmousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:49 AM   #214
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
just happened to notice this and no idea if any1 else has seen it yet but that banjo-spider had on a pair of vorhees overalls
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:33 AM   #215
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
anyone getting the impression that Leo's injuries may be more psychological then physical at this point.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:34 AM   #216
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
It's a bit strange IGN hasn't reviewed the episode yet, maybe Max hasn't seen it yet because he probably was at NYCC.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:59 AM   #217
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
anyone getting the impression that Leo's injuries may be more psychological then physical at this point.
I'd say he still have physical injuries to deal with. He still needs his walking stick. Maybe he has healed a little in the previous episode but fighting with the Creep probably caused him even more injuries or even worsen his existing ones that has barely recovered.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 AM   #218
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
The first episode of season 3 seemed to pack a bit a bit too much in one show. This episode dealt with the Donnie and April situation in a good way and it didn't feel over stuffed with leo healing and rescuing, dealing with "the creep," Raph's weird tranformation, and the living on the farm. The last episode needed a two part story so that we could see Leo heal (as much as he could) and the adjusting to the new environment and the promise of a new and mysterious creature in one, then see Leo rescue the others in the second and the twist would have been that Raph's bandanna was taken (not him turning into the creatures pet dog) and he jumps in to help finish off "the creep." The newest episode needed to happen and didn't throw so much at the audience.

Donnie needed to see the other side of things, how April felt. Even if it confused him at the end when April kissed him, he still needed the lesson the Bigfoot threw at him. A friendly peck on the cheek probably was just meant as an "it's all good" friend gesture, Donnie, of course, takes it his way.

Seemed like the episode should have been called "Big foot and the Ninja Turtles," kind of like "Harry and the Hendersons,"the 80's movie with John Lithgow. There was even a bit of music that sounded like the music at the end of that movie when Bigfoot carries "the Finger" off.

I liked that Raph stood his ground against the bigfoot and his initiating a training session earlier. He seemed to be in a better Raph mode, though I would still like more episodes for him, his bros get more.

Also, poor Ice Cream Kitty.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 10-12-2014 at 04:11 AM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #219
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It's a bit strange IGN hasn't reviewed the episode yet, maybe Max hasn't seen it yet because he probably was at NYCC.
No, he's reviewed it. It's been up since 2 hours after the episode aired. No one here worried about it I guess.

He gave it a 7/10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...too-big-review

I also have confirmed my own theory about this Donnie/April arc. I said when the boards were released that this had a very "Phantom of the Opera" feel to it with the music box bit, having seen the episode now, there's no doubt in my mind it is.


Here's the comment I posted on the IGN review of the episode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH1 on IGN.com View Post
This love triangle is just like Phantom of the Opera. Everything down to the music box.

April/Donnie is just like Christine/Phantom. It's the love story that you know is never meant to be because The Phantom (Donnie) is just an outcast and knows he can never be loved by the girl he desires to be with despite all efforts to try, but in the end Christine (April) chooses The Phantom over the other guy in the story (His name alludes me, but meant to be Casey) Because the Phantom accepted Christine for who she was and Christine looked beyond "the mask" and saw someone she really cared for despite who he was and what he looked like.

Anyone get this sense?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #220
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
No, he's reviewed it. It's been up since 2 hours after the episode aired. No one here worried about it I guess.

He gave it a 7/10

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...too-big-review
Yikes!!! 7/10

I didn't think the episode was that bad.

So this is the worst episode of all seasons so far since Showdown which was given a 7.2
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.