The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #241
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am fearful for this series. I am ready to bank that nothing they can do can top 'The Gauntlet'. Those precious 2 or so minutes of Shredder vs. turtles fighting with the intense theme music was better than anything else I have seen in any other episode thus far. At this pace, there is no possible way this series can top the 2003 series for me because while the 2003 series had bad episodes scattered here or there, this episode does many in a row. And when this series has bad episodes, I am talking "Turtle Titan/Justice Force/Garbageman/Nano" level of "bad" for each of it's crap episodes......one after another. Not just "meh" type episodes like 2003 had (not counting FF and beyond), but "God I feel utterly ashamed of myself for watching this" types of episodes. I will never have a need to watch this one again.
Try season 2s finale of Leo fighting the foot, henchman and shredder alone
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #242
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
did u even watch the season 2 finale?
Yes I did. Once again, it consisted of Splinter vs. Shredder instead of the turtles. And Shredder didn't fight Leo, he just slashed him once. While Splinter vs. Shredder was the only saving grace about the first season finale, I had really hoped for a big battle of Shredder versus the turtles for the 2nd season finale and with a lot less Kraang. I am so over those dudes. I also have little interest in seeing the turtles fight anything other than serious threats like Shredder, Tigerclaw, Slash or the Foot, so if it's going to be them versus Bigfoots, Swamp monsters, mutated chickens/cows/birds/trees/tractors/piles of manure, etc. for the first half of the season then it will bore me to tears very quickly. I am hoping at some point they will be discovered by the Foot on the farm so a big fight can go down there.

Also, I really dislike Seth Green doing Leo's voice. By far my least favorite voice I have heard Leonardo have in any television or movie incarnation of him.

Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 10-12-2014 at 10:10 PM.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #243
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
And Shredder didn't fight Leo, he just slashed him once.
Well, to be fair, despite the Turtles always being set at a specific age range in these shows the 2012 group play out as if they are certainly younger than the 2003 group. This Leo, let alone with help from his siblings, is hardly any match for Shredder right now. He did handle Tigerclaw and the rest quite well though.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #244
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am fearful for this series. I am ready to bank that nothing they can do can top 'The Gauntlet'. Those precious 2 or so minutes of Shredder vs. turtles fighting with the intense theme music was better than anything else I have seen in any other episode thus far. At this pace, there is no possible way this series can top the 2003 series for me because while the 2003 series had bad episodes scattered here or there, this series does many in a row. And when this series has bad episodes, I am talking "Turtle Titan/Justice Force/Garbageman/Nano" level of "bad" for each of it's crap episodes......one after another. Not just "meh" type episodes like 2003 had (not counting FF and beyond), but "God I feel utterly ashamed of myself for watching this" types of episodes. I will never have a need to watch this one again.
What episodes did you find horrible?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #245
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What episodes did you find horrible?
Well, compared to episodes of 2003, A Foot Too Big might be just way too juvenile for many people. Some of it, like the Bigfoot and The Finger embracing, was very cringe worthy. I am also not too thrilled with what I am seeing with Mondo Gecko, the Frogs, nightmare beavers and Demon Donnie. Just, way too corny for me. The Turtles have gone from season one, a very well done season that didn't insult the viewer, season 2 was definitely lower in quality but had really good episodes like Slash and Destroy, Wrath of Tiger Claw and Rats and Men, but the beginning of this season, plus some of the promos, made the series go from damn good, to a damn joke.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #246
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, to be fair, despite the Turtles always being set at a specific age range in these shows the 2012 group play out as if they are certainly younger than the 2003 group. This Leo, let alone with help from his siblings, is hardly any match for Shredder right now. He did handle Tigerclaw and the rest quite well though.
That was really my one overbearing complaint about how the turtles fought Shredder in the 2003 series early on as well. Shredder would punch them once and they'd go down. That is such an extremely cheatful and frustrating way for animators to draw their fights, even if the turtles have never fought him before, with as many other skilled villains they take down there is simply no way that they couldn't at least land a hit on the guy. A good fight is only when both parties are able to hurt each other and land hits. I understand the turtles are not experienced enough to defeat Shredder yet, but the way Nick is teasing us with tiny bits here and there, I fear if Nick doesnt deliver that massive good fight I am hoping for in the grand finale (whenever the turtles DO finally fight Shredder....without the Kraang being involved), it is going to be a huge disappointment.

Leonardo losing to Shredder would have been even more dramatic if he was still able to put up some kind of fight against him. You knew even before Shredder slashed him, that Leo was already defeated and that took away any sense of suspense.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #247
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, compared to episodes of 2003, A Foot Too Big might be just way too juvenile for many people. Some of it, like the Bigfoot and The Finger embracing, was very cringe worthy. I am also not too thrilled with what I am seeing with Mondo Gecko, the Frogs, nightmare beavers and Demon Donnie. Just, way too corny for me. The Turtles have gone from season one, a very well done season that didn't insult the viewer, season 2 was definitely lower in quality but had really good episodes like Slash and Destroy, Wrath of Tiger Claw and Rats and Men, but the beginning of this season, plus some of the promos, made the series go from damn good, to a damn joke.
I think that the theme for this Northampton is "weird". Trust me, the next episode is 100% serious though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #248
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, compared to episodes of 2003, A Foot Too Big might be just way too juvenile for many people. Some of it, like the Bigfoot and The Finger embracing, was very cringe worthy. I am also not too thrilled with what I am seeing with Mondo Gecko, the Frogs, nightmare beavers and Demon Donnie. Just, way too corny for me. The Turtles have gone from season one, a very well done season that didn't insult the viewer, season 2 was definitely lower in quality but had really good episodes like Slash and Destroy, Wrath of Tiger Claw and Rats and Men, but the beginning of this season, plus some of the promos, made the series go from damn good, to a damn joke.
Exactly! I would need to see a list of the Season 2 episodes again because so many of them were forgettable and I don't remember their titles. While there were episodes I didnt like in Season 1 (like 'Cockroach Terminator' or 'Parasitica'), I know none of the episodes in that first season made me feel embarassed to be watching the show. Many in Season 2 had me cringing and groaning in disgust. The ones that stick out in my head at the moment were the fungus episode, the D&D episode, the one with Pizzaface and both Season 3 episodes. I know there are more, but I have tried my hardest to wipe them from my memory.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #249
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Exactly! I would need to see a list of the Season 2 episodes again because so many of them were forgettable and I don't remember their titles. While there were episodes I didnt like in Season 1 (like 'Cockroach Terminator' or 'Parasitica', I know none of the episodes in that season made me feel embarassed to be watching the show. Many in Season 2 had me cringing and groaning in disgust. The ones that stick out in my head were the fungus episode, the D&D episode, the one with Pizzaface and both Season 3 episodes. I know there are more, but I have tried my hardest to wipe them from my memory.
I liked Fungus and Mazes and Mutants. Pizzaface sucked though. Of course that's the Nick exec's favorite episode.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #250
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Exactly! I would need to see a list of the Season 2 episodes again because so many of them were forgettable and I don't remember their titles. While there were episodes I didnt like in Season 1 (like 'Cockroach Terminator' or 'Parasitica'), I know none of the episodes in that first season made me feel embarassed to be watching the show. Many in Season 2 had me cringing and groaning in disgust. The ones that stick out in my head at the moment were the fungus episode, the D&D episode, the one with Pizzaface and both Season 3 episodes. I know there are more, but I have tried my hardest to wipe them from my memory.
Oh, I hate Pizzaface. That has to be one of the worst things I have ever seen, on TV period! And to think my favorite comic book characters are apart of it. As bad as Fast Forward was, it was never cringe worthy, I just didn't care for the futuristic setting and the new animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I liked Fungus and Mazes and Mutants. Pizzaface sucked though. Of course that's the Nick exec's favorite episode.
Eh, all of them episodes in particular, come across to me as if the writing team, when brainstorming this stuff, was more than likely half baked! And, I'm not kidding!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #251
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Eh, all of them episodes in particular, come across to me as if the writing team, when brainstorming this stuff, was more than likely half baked! And, I'm not kidding!
I think Speed Demon and those Beavers were concieved in that writing session.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #252
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I think Speed Demon and those Beavers were concieved in that writing session.
I don't really get why so many ppl hating on the speed demon thing, I mean, yeah, its a bit of a lame take on a name but I love story arcs that are something like good genes or where something happens to 1 of the main characters of a show and the tables are sorta flipped so, for me, at least its something close to that which is awesome, aside from dark raph and hopefully itll be 1000x times better than how parasitica turned out to be
__________________

Last edited by Ashwolf; 10-12-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:12 PM   #253
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I think Speed Demon and those Beavers were concieved in that writing session.
I wouldn't be surprised. I've seen interviews with that Greg Cipes (Mikey) it also makes me wonder if he's a little too happy during them interviews!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #254
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. I've seen interviews with that Greg Cipes (Mikey) it also makes me wonder if he's a little too happy during them interviews!
ya wouldn't surprise me if Cipes was on some form of drug
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #255
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Greg Cipes looks like an outgoing dude who surfs and cycle bicycle and workout a lot.

I don't think he does drugs, any of the VA even. Nope, searched and didn't find any. He's pretty professional and responsible enough, and I'm sure Nick did background check as well. Good.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:54 PM   #256
SuperManwich
New Recruit
 
SuperManwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Post

Overall I really liked the episode, and I'd like to get a few thoughts on paper (or just typed up, whatever).

1. Harry and the Hendersons homage? I like.

2. Jesse "The Body Ventura" playing The Finger. Funny yet dark and disturbing villain. I do feel Donny and Mikey should have less trouble fighting him, but whatever, he seemed like a decent enough threat.

3. Bottle episode?

Okay, this was a pretty goofy episode for the most part. But I think as soon as Raph dropped the line about Donny now knowing how April must feel with the constant attention and awkwardness, I really started to appreciate this episode and where it was going. Which, at the time, seemed to be Donny learning that his feelings can probably be a little discomforting to April at times, no matter how many times he's saved her.

I've never been 100% on board with the whole Donny liking April thing. He's my favorite Turtle, and it was always something I wish they didn't do, but never ruined the show. Though I will say, it might have ruined at the most an episode. Namely, the fungus one where everyone was experiencing their worst fears. Raph and Mike see their legitimate fears of gross creepy crawly creatures, Leo fears horrible things happening to his brothers as a result of poor leadership and fear of failure with dire consequences. April and Casey also fear these creatures that most normal people wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Donny is rendered completely useless to the team with thoughts of April not liking him. Seriously. He got off pretty easy in my opinion. He shouldn't be on his knees or in the fetal position, cowering and providing nothing to the team as a result of that particular fear. Take it down a notch, Romeo. When your favorite Turtle can't defend himself or anyone else because of something like that, it's hard to watch and enjoy.

That being said, as much as I'd rather April end up with Casey, this show's version of Casey kinda makes me root for Donny. Being 'the nice guy' growing up, I hated seeing some of the least likeable guys get girls that they didn't deserve (in my opinion). I'd like to see Casey mature quite a bit before April ends up with him, and I'm sure April will end up with Casey in the long run. But BACK TO THE EPISODE.

I was thinking this episode fit in perfectly with the sequence of events that had transpired so far. With April trying to avoid hurting Don's feelings during the bandaging scene, and Don once again seeing signs that April's feelings aren't exactly mutual, or at the very least not to the same degree. I figured there'd be some closure and possibly Donatello moving on, but then...the kiss happened. Suddenly, it became a bottle episode.

Now...I'm with Donny. Don't understand what's going on. Perhaps the kiss was just one of those 'hero saves damsel, damsel thanks hero by kissing him' common occurrences, only instead of being saved, it's to reassure him they're still on good terms. And in kids' show logic, that could be all the kiss means. Though April has proven she's not just a damsel, and that she does have a mature outlook on her priorities at times. That being said, I really hope April doesn't become a CGI Bella Swan. That kiss at the end just...kinda negated the whole arc Donny had gone through. And her choice of words, specifically "MY mutant," is a very mixed signal. Does she want to be with Donny or is that just her odd way of cheering him up? Putting a band-aid on the situation and saying it'll cure you of all diseases forever. Maybe at this point in her life, she prefers Donny over Casey, but if she's thinking she doesn't want to be with Donny, it's a cruel thing to do. Kinda like Jean Grey in the X-Men movies and 90's cartoon. She doesn't say "hey Logan, it's not gonna happen." Or "Scott, I don't think I'm truly happy, we should break up." Instead, she continues to date Cyclops and never tells Wolverine to stop making advances. What kind of person just lets hope exist for a guy to get her if she has no plans of letting it happen?

So yeah, I'm a little bummed it's a bottle episode and that there was no real closure on the Apritello arc. But at the same time, April running into Casey's arms at this point in the show would seem way too rushed, and I do hope Casey matures a bit more before their relationship really flourishes. Though I'd rather see Donny learn from this and revert back to those episodes where he's not even trying to impress her, because that's when he's the least awkward around her, and probably making the most progress on the front of landing her someday. Do I want him to be with her? Probably not, but seeing him back off a bit and sacrificing his pursuit of her would show some great character development.

4. Seth Green as Leonardo.

I was excited when he was replacing Biggs' replacement. Though in the season premiere, it was a little distracting and hard to get used to. This episode, I felt more accustomed, and I'm enjoying his voice as Leo.

5. Very funny episode. The humor was great and the voice actors, as always, nailed it.

6. Raph

I am liking Raph more and more as the show goes on. He was always my least favorite Turtle. Once again, I just don't get too interested in the Wolverine 'badass rebel who also happens to harbor a heart made of gold' type character. I just don't see people like that in real life. I like seeing Raph show the many sides of how he behaves around his brothers. One episode, he'll tease Donny for his feelings for April. The next, he's cheering him up when Donny feels his emotions are unrequited. It's kinda perfect for a show that emphasizes their brotherly relationship. You laugh when they look stupid, but you're there for them when they need you to be. Raph isn't complaining as much, which I thought he did a little too much, and maybe it's because Leo is still recovering, but I like seeing more sides to Raph.

...

So yeah, I'd say other than how it became a bottle episode in the final seconds of the show, I very much enjoyed this episode. Really feeling they've upped the quality of the CGI. Although I'd like to see more instances that make me think, "Hmm, Donny/Mikey is pretty badass," they get a lot of great character moments and this episode showed that in spades.

Still loving the show quite a bit.

Last edited by SuperManwich; 10-13-2014 at 12:50 AM.
SuperManwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #257
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I wouldn't be surprised. I've seen interviews with that Greg Cipes (Mikey) it also makes me wonder if he's a little too happy during them interviews!
Nah. I think Cipes is like that all the time. Dude is a nut.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #258
Mellie
Foot Soldier
 
Mellie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 184
I feel like I'm the only person who liked Pizzaface.
Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #259
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
I feel like I'm the only person who liked Pizzaface.
Cybercubed liked it.


Honestly, it's an alright episode. Compared to the rest of the show, it's horrible.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #260
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
I've never disliked any episode, including Pizzaface, there are simply episodes I get tired of repeats sooner than others.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.