The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #21
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
It's funny how people belittle new unknown directors and lookup to big names director.

Not all of those so called big names director deliver golds everytime. Steven Spielberg? Churned out crap like Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of Crystal Skulls. George Lucas - tripe like SW 2 and 3.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Very cautiously hoping so. A relative unknown - be it a director, an author, actor, or whoever - could turn out to do brilliantly. *fingers crossed* (You too, Turtles... you don't have many but you have enough to cross.)

Granted it's still in talks, but I just hope whoever they go with has listened.
I'm also curious to know how much he knows about TMNT, You usually hear directors saying, I used to watch such and such and read the comics when I was a kid.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #23
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Some people on here are about to lose their minds.
This will be interesting/scary.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #24
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
It's funny how people belittle new unknown directors and lookup to big names director.

Not all of those so called big names director deliver golds everytime. Steven Spielberg? Churned out crap like Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of Crystal Skulls. George Lucas - tripe like SW 2 and 3.
Yes, but (with Spielberg at least) there's at least some back log of "good" movies. Jonathan Liebsman is no Steven Spielberg.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes, but (with Spielberg at least) there's at least some back log of "good" movies. Jonathan Liebsman is no Steven Spielberg.
Jester, you might want to go ahead and lock this tread now.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #26
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
I didn't see Earth to Echo so I don't know what to make of this.

I can imagine that given the slim profit margin the first movie has fallen in with a sequel which will require more actors and bigger cg budget they they would put some thought in how to make sure they don't end up losing money with a sequel. I suppose cutting corners in other areas is a start and I'm guessing Mr Green with only one movie under his belt comes a fair bit cheaper than Leibesman.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #27
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Amazing Spiderman - Director Marc WEB
TMNT2 - Director Dave GREEN
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #28
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
I thought it meant David Gordon Green ('Pineapple Express', 'Eastbound & Down', 'Joe') and got interested. Turns out it's an unknown who made a POV robot movie for kids and a few web series. Hard to get excited for that lol but hopefully a pair of fresh eyes will be beneficial.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #29
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
Amazing Spiderman - Director Marc WEB
TMNT2 - Director Dave GREEN
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:16 PM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
I'm curious about his knowledge of the property, and if he can deliver what the fans want, And what I mean is, Will we see Bebop and Rocksteady or Krang.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #31
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Hollywood has no idea anymore how to do these movies. All hype no quality. I hope you all like little kids movies for cheap.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #32
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm curious about his knowledge of the property, and if he can deliver what the fans want, And what I mean is, Will we see Bebop and Rocksteady or Krang.
I think it's safe to say we'll at least get Bebop of Rocksteady regardless of whoever directs it.

Also I'm not sure those characters are really what fans really want. A good movie let's start with that first before shoe-horning in stuff from the Fred Wolf for no reason other than nostalgia for some with their mere presence and wrath in others because they weren't done right.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #33
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post


Anyway... I never saw Earth to Echo, but the ads looked pretty unimpressive. I dunno... I feel like Green will be a yes-man who'll do whatever Platinum Dune wants him to do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #34
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
No news of this film, short of it's cancellation, will excite me. So, uh, alright. Liebesman didn't do well at all, but the director's contributions were hardly the most glaring issues with flick 1.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #35
BlueKatanas
Foot Soldier
 
BlueKatanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 199
He made this:

http://vimeo.com/23464277

I trust him.
__________________

My Collection Thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49928
BlueKatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #36
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Yeah, this doesn't really fill me with confidence either. I'm not saying a fresh and relatively inexperienced director can't do great things - of course they can - but it's been made clear that with this particular movie adaptation, the studio and the producers have been calling the shots. I don't think putting in a guy who has very little experience in dealing with the pressures and politics of large studio movies is a good idea - the guy's probably gonna be so grateful to be actually given the opportunity that he's not going to argue with Michael "I'm Rich and I've Been Doing This Longer Than You" Bay.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
Jester, you might want to go ahead and lock this tread now.
Lets see if we can have a discussion that doesn't devolve into name calling. I believe in you all.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #38
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I dunno... I feel like Green will be a yes-man who'll do whatever Platinum Dune wants him to do.
Exactly. At least Liebesman had some experience with blockbusters, Dave Green not. He is a little...green.
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #39
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Lets see if we can have a discussion that doesn't devolve into name calling. I believe in you all.
Just wait until the usual 3 who derail threads come in here then this thread will get out of control. Just Sayin
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #40
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant
 
LeoRaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 357
Pretty weird that PD are getting rid of Liebesman despite ALL the money he made for them...or maybe he decided to take the money and run. Maybe he actually wants to do something GOOD in his career...maybe...

Anyway, this really isn't going to change ANYTHING as long as the same writers and more importantly the 'think tank' behind those writers are involved in this.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dave green


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.