The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
So if they are so different now, but you still like it, what is it you are likeing?
there must be a thing, that if it was not the same anymore, you would not like it anymore. Is there such a thing? please let me know.
I like that the new TMNT, Nick series and the movie isn't cheesy, When I look back at the old stuff, Its too cheesy for today's standards.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Actually I'm open minded, I accepted any incarnation of TMNT that has ever come out.

Being closed minded means, You only like one version.
I agree with Tigerclaw on the accepting any incarnation of Turtles. Tuesday can't come fast enough.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #23
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I like that the new TMNT, Nick series and the movie isn't cheesy,
That's a matter opinion. You may think so, but not everyone thinks that.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #24
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I agree with Tigerclaw on the accepting any incarnation of Turtles. Tuesday can't come fast enough.
I can't wait for Tuesday, I ordered the Amazon one with the Raph statue.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #25
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I like that the new TMNT, Nick series and the movie isn't cheesy, When I look back at the old stuff, Its too cheesy for today's standards.
But you just said you accept all TMNT. Bay's film is cheesey friend, who are you kidding? I want to know what would you NOT accept as changed. There has to be something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I agree with Tigerclaw on the accepting any incarnation of Turtles. Tuesday can't come fast enough.
My friend, why did you spell Autobot wrong? Is English you second language too? I could help you if you want. English can be tricky.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #26
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I can't wait for Tuesday, I ordered the Amazon one with the Raph statue.
I got the standard bare bones just movie no special features DVD. Thanks Paramount.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
But you just said you accept all TMNT. Bay's film is cheesey friend, who are you kidding? I want to know what would you NOT accept as changed. There has to be something.
I said it was cheesy for today's standards, I never said they were bad.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I got the standard bare bones just movie no special features DVD. Thanks Paramount.
I got the digital version when Vudu was selling it cheaper, But I still want the physical version anyways.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I said it was cheesy for today's standards, I never said they were bad.
You didn't answer my question. what is it that if they changed it, would make you not a fan?
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
You didn't answer my question. what is it that if they changed it, would make you not a fan?
Why would I not be a fan if they change something about TMNT, It has changed throughout the years and I never complained, I never say stuff like, I wish it was like this or that, I'm just happy that TMNT is back.

It seems like you are trying to get me riled up in this conversation, So I'm just gonna move on.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #31
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I'm glad Turtles is still around and popular enough for major motion pictures to be made, but at some point you have to make it known that "just existing" isn't enough. You want a "quality" TMNT product.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm glad Turtles is still around and popular enough for major motion pictures to be made, but at some point you have to make it known that "just existing" isn't enough. You want a "quality" TMNT product.
And there's plenty of TMNT to go around, you got the Nick series and the IDW comics.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #33
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
And there's plenty of TMNT to go around, you got the Nick series and the IDW comics.
True, but was it to much to expect the same quality from the movie?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #34
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
True, but was it to much to expect the same quality from the movie?
Im sure its hard to expect the same level quality from a comic, TV Show and movies, Each is its own.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I'll rephrase: Is it crazy to expect that we can not only have a good TV and comic series, but a good movie as well?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #36
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I kinda don't care anymore. This is probably the most unpopular opinion, but we've had tons of good-to-great TMNT product with only a few stinkers. If, by some disaster, the Nick show and IDW comic ended tomorrow and all we had left of TMNT to "look forward to" is more sh*t movies like the last one, I'd say Let It Die. I'm a fan of the property in general but holy hell, nobody deserves more garbage like THAT just to "keep the brand alive for the next generation".

And the fact that more people saw that awful movie than will ever watch the Nick show or read the comics means that, like it or not, Bay's TMNT is the "official" version for this generation. That's terrible. The franchise and the fans deserve much better than that.

I'm a fan of quality products, not brand name labels. When I'm not getting what I want in my fiction from TMNT, I can get it plenty of other places. Liking something JUST because it has a sticker on it is such an awful impact on the entertainment industry in general. I know for a fact that a lot of people who liked that movie ONLY liked it because of those letters T-M-N-T, and otherwise they'd hate it if it were any other movie, and that just infuriates me. I just cannot abide that kind of blind, consumerist nonsense.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
What you get for just buying the TMNT brand:
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #38
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
You see that these guys are getting my point. What I was asking you Tiger, is if there is a straw that would break you. They say that maybe we are nitpicking stuff, but I think everyone has a staw that will break the camel. you are not different, if you are human.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #39
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I'll throw my hat in for that proposed TMNT/My Little Pony cross-over. I wanna see Mikey smoke bongs with Rainbow Dash.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #40
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsucker View Post
You see that these guys are getting my point. What I was asking you Tiger, is if there is a straw that would break you. They say that maybe we are nitpicking stuff, but I think everyone has a staw that will break the camel. you are not different, if you are human.
Nah, No straw can break me since I don't take all this stuff personally or seriously.

I stay away from all these debates that's been going on what qualifies as a quality product.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 movie, kevin eastman interview


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.