The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #61
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Dude, you're the only one here who isn't funny. Everyone's funny & then your bitter & overly sarcastic posts always kill it. I'm not trying to be a prick, just had to get that off my chest.
I...wasn't trying at all to be funny there.

So...thanks I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's kinda prickish, honestly. Dude's pretty funny. At least he doesn't have a selfie attached to every post, making them somewhat hard to read objectively.
Spoiler:
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:45 AM   #62
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Every time I see one of these Eastman interviews I just become further convinced that the dude either has no taste or is just super excited for every project ever regardless of what it is or if it's any good. It's good if he does just enjoy things that much, I'm envious even, but damn how many times now has he talked something up as the best thing yet and it ends up being really lame?
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:10 AM   #63
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That's kinda prickish, honestly. Dude's pretty funny. At least he doesn't have a selfie attached to every post, making them somewhat hard to read objectively.
What are you on about? I haven't posted a single selfie on here (there's plenty of you in the photo section however). All your posts to me since I've joined have been corrections so I already know you don't like me, dude (god knows what reason). I only said that to TrickOrTreater cause I know he can take it. As Leo656 told me at the beginning; we're a salty crew here. So if you can talk sh*t, you have to able to take it.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:11 AM   #64
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
you have to able to take it.
Still waiting on the ****, frankly.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #65
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
What are you on about? I haven't posted a single selfie on here (there's plenty of you in the photo section however). As Leo656 told me at the beginning; we're a salty crew here. So if you can talk sh*t, you have to able to take it.
Selfie was a poor choice of words. I'm referring to your avatar. Yes, there are photos of me where it is appropriate, where people go willfully to see one another, but I'm not broadcasting my mug beside every post. It's not really a forum custom, it's a social network thing, & I know a lot of people find it to be in poor taste as it gives off a narcissistic "LOOK AT ME!" vibe (not that it would necessarily be true in every case).

& just because certain users here have a chip on their shoulder doesn't mean you have to/should go out of your way to grief somebody for having opinions you dislike.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:49 AM   #66
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Selfie was a poor choice of words. I'm referring to your avatar. Yes, there are photos of me where it is appropriate, where people go willfully to see one another, but I'm not broadcasting my mug beside every post. It's not really a forum custom, it's a social network thing, & I know a lot of people find it to be in poor taste as it gives off a narcissistic "LOOK AT ME!" vibe (not that it would necessarily be true in every case).

& just because certain users here have a chip on their shoulder doesn't mean you have to/should go out of your way to grief somebody for having opinions you dislike.
Sorry but this post is a joke. There's a good few people here with avatars of themselves. They probably feel it makes things more open & less incognito, as I feel. It's not out of conceitedness. But you're clearly the judgemental type so keep thinking whatever you want. And as for going out of my way to give "grief", please. Even Ray Charles can see that TrickOrTreater has zero qualms with talking down to people at the drop of a hat. He even just said he's waiting for the sh*t lol so give me a break.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:51 AM   #67
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
& just because certain users here have a chip on their shoulder doesn't mean you have to/should go out of your way to grief somebody for having opinions you dislike.

Pot calling kettle...come in kettle...

B-man's not a bad guy. Misguided though his opinions may be, he's just new, and I know how you just love the new folks.
At the very least he's kept his cool when we've all smacked him around, and I did my share early on.

He took his licks for supporting the film, and to be honest, it's as good an avatar as a Japanese pop star, or your doodle of the month.
Takes guts not to hide your real face. Not at all in bad taste.

His opinions piss me off, sure, but that's the fun of a forum. He's not overly aggressive, or obnoxious, or passive aggressive, or rude or...
Well he's nowhere near the prick that I am, so, he can't be all that bad, right?
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:57 AM   #68
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I never said he was a bad guy, I don't know him from a hole in the wall. I also have zero problem with new users, contrary to what people like to project on me, constantly. Feel free to ask users like Gunpowder or Pennydreadful with whom I've formed strong friendships recently. As for you saying it "takes guts not you hide your real face", do you realize what year it is? Outside of forums where traditional avatars still reign supreme, people are just dying to share their grill.

& I came here fully intended to respond to B-Man with an angry picture of Ray Charles but apparently he was never photographed in a bad mood, the beautiful bastard.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:01 AM   #69
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I never said he was a bad guy, I don't know him from a hole in the wall. I also have zero problem with new users, contrary to what people like to project on me, constantly. Feel free to ask people like Gunpowder or Pennydreadful with whom I've formed strong friendships recently. As for you saying it "takes guts not you hide your real face", do you realize what year it is? Outside of forums where traditional avatars still reign supreme, people are just dying to share their grill.
Dude, I'm just saying, he's getting kicked around a bit, and yeah, it DOES take guts to post your mug. I wouldn't do it, I look like a pile of stale octopus guts.

Look, I don't disagree with Trick's points, he's rightfully still angry they shat on us with this film. GOOD. We should be angry. ALL of us. When collectively we spend close to a half billion on the franchise a year, they've got huge balls pulling what they did.

I just think not everyone understands why it's such an obscene act.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #70
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
He even just said he's waiting for the sh*t
Don't misinterpret me.

I'm still waiting for it because I've yet to see it.

My jimmies remain unrustled.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:47 AM   #71
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Hey thanks Commenter 42 if you were local I'd shout you a beer. Powder, I'll admit, besides Facebook, I've never joined a forum so I don't know avatar etiquette. I wish I had known so I wouldn't have made a knob of myself, which apparently I have. And I can't help that I like the new movie honestly, I ordered the Raph statue set the other day & I can't wait for it. I could pretend I don't like it to make my time here easier but hypocrites like that piss me off more than the ones who are openly hatey lol
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 03:56 AM   #72
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Hey thanks Commenter 42 if you were local I'd shout you a beer. Powder, I'll admit, besides Facebook, I've never joined a forum so I don't know avatar etiquette. I wish I had known so I wouldn't have made a knob of myself, which apparently I have. And I can't help that I like the new movie honestly, I ordered the Raph statue set the other day & I can't wait for it. I could pretend I don't like it to make my time here easier but hypocrites like that piss me off more than the ones who are openly hatey lol
See, I say nice things, then you go ahead and order that stupid Raph Statue?
For the love of!!!!

Seriously man, the design is Heinous!

At the very least, lock the thing away in a cupboard somewhere, and what ever you do, don't feed it after midnight. Also, that avatar thing is not a thing. Anything goes so long as it isn't indecent.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #73
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
To be fair, Raph's design is probably the most "inoffensive."
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:12 AM   #74
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Hey thanks Commenter 42 if you were local I'd shout you a beer. Powder, I'll admit, besides Facebook, I've never joined a forum so I don't know avatar etiquette. I wish I had known so I wouldn't have made a knob of myself, which apparently I have. And I can't help that I like the new movie honestly, I ordered the Raph statue set the other day & I can't wait for it. I could pretend I don't like it to make my time here easier but hypocrites like that piss me off more than the ones who are openly hatey lol
No hard feelings? I wasn't tryna make you feel ganged up on or anything. Just sick of this section still having drama & I guess I thought you were at the root of it. Not that it'd matter either way as I'm not helping anything myself. & I had considered getting the statue edition too, if only for the actual collectible piece. It's not so shabby & would be especially sharp with a custom paintjob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
To be fair, Raph's design is probably the most "inoffensive."
For me, it's Leo. Raph only loses points because of that ugly mug of his. He's a dead ringer for George from Gremlins 2 (see pic). His outfit is the least offensive, though, for sure.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:14 AM   #75
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
*totally off subject...BUT....*
What you doing having an oddly visually similar signature, Powder?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #76
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Great minds think alike, maybe? Purely coincidental. Took me a while to find/come up with a decent Japanese TMNT sig after the last one.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:25 AM   #77
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

For me, it's Leo. Raph only loses points because of that ugly mug of his. He's a dead ringer for George from Gremlins 2 (see pic). His outfit is the least offensive, though, for sure.

http://i57.tinypic.com/29fvy28.png
I was joking about the gremlins thing, but man...I knew I'd seen that face before.

Leo still looks like Ed O'neil to me, but Donnie is by far the worst of em all.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #78
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
When I first seen the previews for the movie and knew it was a Bay film I instantly wanted to hate it and dismiss it altogether. I thought it was going to totally ruin the franchise. Then I remembered how I felt as a kid when the first movie came out and accepting that it was different from the cartoon. I ended up seeing the movie anyway and really liked it. I thought that enough of the core of TMNT was kept but didn't take the new stuff too far. I think they are the most powerful version of the Turtles. They are mutants after all.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #79
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRaphael View Post
I think they are the most powerful version of the Turtles. They are mutants after all.
What if they gave them huge bat wings and let them shoot lasers out of their eyes?

They are mutants after all.

Being huge, indestructible, and super strong removes all the tension from what they do, the danger they're in. And makes being Ninjas completely null and void.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:26 AM   #80
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
What if they gave them huge bat wings and let them shoot lasers out of their eyes?

They are mutants after all.

Being huge, indestructible, and super strong removes all the tension from what they do, the danger they're in. And makes being Ninjas completely null and void.


Then that would have been too far for me. I think you can be super strong and a ninja at the same time. Shredder was just a dude in armor and they got beat in a few fights so I didn't see the indestructible part myself.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 movie, kevin eastman interview


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.