![]() |
|
|
#141 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#142 |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
|
don't be a troll
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
|
#143 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
|
The spine on that DVD looks really cool, Autbot Benz. Would sit nicely on a shelf next to the spine of the 1990 movie DVD.
__________________
![]() "They were many. But we kicked... We fought well." |
|
|
|
|
|
#144 |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
|
ya I thought the spine was well done too. I am surprised Amazon shipped it so I could get it the day before release.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
|
#145 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
|
A Blu Ray player is only $60. Why not just buy one? It has (way) better picture and sound (especially sound!) and can still play those DVDs, plus you now get streaming apps on most of them. There's really no good reason not to upgrade, not even penny-pinching.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#146 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
|
I have to agree with sgtfbomb here.
Even if you absolutely refuse to purchase a bluray player, bluray discs have a much larger storage capacity. So, even if you wanted all those special features with your DVD purchase, they would have to have them downgraded onto additional discs which in turn would only increase the price of the DVD. In the long run, you're simply better off shelling (pun intended) out 50-60 bucks for one. Boxing Day sales are soon upon us.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#147 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#148 | |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#149 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
|
True... but I don't purchase the barebones blurays. They're simply not worth it unless the price is right or it's the best we're gonna' see. I'm not against DVD mind you, I just feel that when a film has special effects, it's best to have on bluray.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#150 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
|
I got it too
Gonna perch him on top of my tele.
__________________
![]() "They were many. But we kicked... We fought well." |
|
|
|
|
|
#151 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
True and watching DVDs on an HDTV looks very crappy.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#152 |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
|
I currently use my xbox360 to watch movies so once that bites the dust I will consider my options.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
|
#153 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
|
Quote:
The time span was generally a year or two between "dips." I can think of only one movie that was released with no features and then two or three months later, re-issued with special features, and that was Transformers: Dark of the Moon and the initial release included a a discounted voucher for the upgraded release. You could argue Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies, but even then, Theatrical Cuts included their own unique set of features. Double Dipping is a little different now. Now it's the same disc with the same features re-packaged with a new, more modern cover. Occasionally, you get a new featurette or a new Q&A. The exception to the rule is Shout/Scream Factory in the US and Arrow in the UK, who take movies that are mostly disregarded by their distributor, license them, and produce hefty special features. I would love for Shout Factory to get their hands on TMNT '90. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#154 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#155 | |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Quote:
![]() We're not all made of money right now. But if you'd like to buy me one that would be awesome. I'd love to be in the position where $60 is "only $60," but right now that has to go to other more important things when I have it. Blu-ray is also IMO not that fascinating of a supposed "upgrade" to be bothered with. If it was an entirely different thing then I might consider it more. But until then. MEH. I could understand if it was something else both DVD and Blu-ray were being pushed aside for, but those... whatever. That's prob just marketing because they can pretend it's worth a bigger price when the plastic disc is probably about equally as cheap to mass produce. Quality and whatnot... DVD is acceptable just fine, don't care. Really would have thought they'd have gone all out with these discs to start with and cut back to bare bones versions at a later date, not right from the get go. Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-15-2014 at 08:19 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#156 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
|
Unfortunately, it's becoming industry standard to keep DVD releases bare bones (or minimum bones). For purchasing purchases, it's really better to just buy the Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs; you might not have a Blu-Ray player today, but you probably will some day, and then you won't have to re-buy your entire library.
That said, I totally understand the resistance to upgrade. I have never had an enjoyable experience watching Blu-Ray - it all just ends up looking fake to me. I have a USB Blu-Ray player that I can use if there's something I can't watch any way else (such as special features), but otherwise I'm very content with DVDs.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#157 | |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#158 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
|
Quote:
and yes, there is a very big difference. If you can't tell, go see the eye doctor, because something is wrong. ![]() ^^ DVD is even small than 720p.
Last edited by Bloodsucker; 12-15-2014 at 09:10 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#159 |
|
Certified Teacher
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
|
I ordered it from Amazon.ca, while it was like $35. Its back up to $75 CN now.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#160 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| dvd releases |
|
|