![]() |
|
|
#61 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
Probably, but he is an adult rat, so he could have had some time before the lab experiments, the turtles looks very juvenile.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#62 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
|
True, but unless the sequel decides to throw in the reincarnation monkey wrench, anything past him just not remembering his life as a normal rat is kinda reaching.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#63 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
Yeah, and completely unnecessary with the direction they have chosen to do.
Splinter and the Turtles are at odds with Shredder just because. That's what they have been in previous versions and PD don't want to make a story more then "Shredder bad, Turtles good" |
|
|
|
|
|
#64 |
|
A New Day, A New Headache
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
|
Not necessarily. Iron Man 3 was a bad Iron Man movie, but it had pretty neat action sequences and an intelligent storyline in general.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#65 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
|
Quote:
If it had been a good movie, it would have been a good Iron Man movie. I have no idea what a "good movie but a bad Ninja Turtles movie" would look like, or vice versa. I don't think such a thing can exist except from the most backwardly prioritized, fan-wankiest perspective. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#66 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
|
Quote:
Here is the one problem with that train of thought...Letting them get away with saying.."It was to hard this time" doesnt stop them from saying "its stil lto hard but maybe next time" these guys at PD dont need defending, they just dont care..this franchise is nothing more that a way to "Make the dolla bill yall"
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me. ![]() ![]() https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#67 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
|
Quote:
They just didn't want to go that route. Which would also be totally okay, except they didn't even commit to their own alternate approach. So instead we got the weird, unexplainable mish-mash we did. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#68 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72
|
it was a terrible choice for that group to make a Ninja Turtles movie to begin with. Other people should be handling the next movie and THE NEXT Reboot. People that actually know about the world and stay true to the story. I still cant get over the fact that they were so huge.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#69 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
Quote:
True other versions haven't given the full origin all in one go. Even the 1990 movie split it in two with Splinter explaining the mutation aspect to April and then the Saki rivalry to Danny later on in the film. I just don't see it here. If we weren't going to get a full origin in a movie that all about their origin then I don't hold out any hope in a sequel which has to set up Bebop and Rocksteady, possibly Casey Jones as so on. It's not like there wasn't amply room in the story given they wasted 20 minutes on April's story. Also I think if they were leaving the door open then they wouldn't have given an alternate origin for their martial arts abilities and plays it mysteriously. It already strains credibility that Splinter happens upon a book on ninjitsu when his enemies will be "ninjas" even morso if in the sequel he has some tie to Hamato Yoshi - another ninja. I'd lovee for them to make the original origin work but I just don't see them doing that unless they establish out Splinter was lying about finding a book which I don't think they'll do. Either that or just retcon the origin - heck retcon the entire of the movie. Would anyone really care? I mean the majority of the people who liked the 2014 movie claim they did so for little other reason other than it's a TMNT movie. If that's their sole criteria for enjoying it then they'd support any decision a sequel made even if it's disregarding the original. Last edited by Galactus; 12-27-2014 at 07:29 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#70 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
|
Oh, and just to be clear, I'm not a bay or movie defender. the movie was so-so, and they could have done much better. aI was just saying what COULD work at thi point, even though I know they'd never do it.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell IDW is the best version of TMNT If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket. |
|
|
|
|
|
#71 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
The "better" movie would to have been not to have an Eric Sacks at all, since him not being Shredder makes him totally superfluous and time that could have been used to develop the TRUE Shredder character. But, it's still admirable that they tried to fix it in reshoots. Even though the fixes they patched in were nowhere near what was required to make the film what it deserved to be.
Since we are likely getting a TMNT2, they do have a chance to clean things up a bit more. Not that I have a lot of faith that they can do it. Keeping expectations low is the key for me. I've long accepted that what they were going for just wasn't for me. I'll still watch them and still hope for a few cool sequences or character moments that ring true for me. I'll cherry pick those best bits and try to appreciate them. |
|
|
|
|
|
#72 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#73 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
|
Honestly if I see Sachs in the trailer for the sequel I'm face palming and already declaring this a failure. He has no role in a tmnt movie and he has even less of a reason to return in the sequel than he did even being in it in the first place.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#74 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
Not probable though. They don't care enough to do that. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#75 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
|
Liebesman wasn't the problem with the origin (lack thereof) story in the movie. It's the people still attached to the property (Nemec, Applebaum, Fuller, Form) that caused the origin problem.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#76 |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
^ This. So much this.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#77 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
|
Yeah, I imagine you'd have to have new writers, producers, and a company that all agree it needs a do-over. Doubtful...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#78 | |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
Quote:
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#79 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
|
No, he didn't. Remeber, the first ep was a two-parter. Like I said in my first post, he brought up the Saki connection in episode 2, not episode one.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell IDW is the best version of TMNT If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket. |
|
|
|
|
|
#80 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
|
eh...techincality id say thats stretching it...while yes the first ep is a "Two-parter" it is advertised and even sold as an hour long pilot
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me. ![]() ![]() https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| eric sacks, shredder, william fichtner |
|
|