![]() |
|
|
#661 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#662 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
|
Thanks for the feedback on Stockman. I will have the collar and 'tash sorted out today.
Also, I'm going to give Mystic Leo a bash myself. He may end up looking better as a before ! As for the Karai figure. I don't see a problem with it. It looks as she does in the show. Except, I'd have gone for green eyes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#663 |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
hey DVD nice pics of Baxter
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
#664 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 53
|
I really wonder if Playmates' budget is so bad they cant afford paint
Or they are just lazy as heck.
__________________
KUNGFUFROGZ Your friendly neighborhood punk
|
|
|
|
|
|
#665 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
|
I would say its a mix of both...they are cutting corners because production costs are expensive but they are cutting huge corners because they would rather bare bones than give any real effort
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me. ![]() ![]() https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle |
|
|
|
|
|
#666 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 47
|
I personaly think its because they can cut corners and their product will still sell world wide. There are collectors, fans, children and the impulse buyers that have no vested interst in TMNT but see so etching they like so they buy it. So from a business standpoint I don't see Playmates bating an eye either way if a few people dislike their product. For every one "upset customer" they have thousands of other customers who continue to purchase their product. Some will complain but maybe just on here or to someone who will listen and never contact Playmates directly. Others will just deal with it, and some but not enough will stop buying completly.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#667 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 47
|
So is this a true Muckman Figure?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#668 |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
|
yes it is its from a playmates packet.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
|
#669 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#670 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
I bet most of his orange suit wont be painted.
Last edited by Ninturtle; 02-05-2015 at 09:34 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#671 | |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#672 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#673 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
|
He'll also be ridiculously underscaled.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#674 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
|
You know what? Great question. Like really....what is it? For real. What really is the big deal behind not being able to paint these things properly? A few figures here and there...ok...maybe you goofed that time but ALL the figures are missing paint in some form or another compared to prototypes. ...and for that matter why even show the prototypes...it's a letdown....EVERY...TIME. The actual figures end up looking like prototypes. Is it really that this company cant "afford" the paint? Is that not the sorriest excuse you've ever heard? What type of bullsh*t is that? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#675 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#676 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
|
Maybe, maybe they umm, maybe in their rush to get the figures released to coincide with the episode, they just didn't have time, and will improve future releases, says a person in denial.
Okay, I don't buy that at all... |
|
|
|
|
|
#677 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
|
Quote:
I heard before the new TMNT line in 2012 Playmates was on hard times and had layoffs and so on but surely this relaunch must have helped them regain their stability. I was glad to hear playmates still had the licence as there is history there and they were a huge part of my childhood and now are a big part of my sons childhoods so I want them to succeed but the quality needs to be there. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#678 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 236
|
Agreed. Out of all the figures they've done, the Mustic Spirit Turtles are some of the best in idea, but the final product is really a disappointment. I hope the detailing gets corrected. We have seen different paint apps on figures from this line, so we know it's possible.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#679 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
|
I'm glad, especially after reading the visual history book, that Playmates have the figures still. For all the lack of paint they are still great - of all the figures I have i don't regret any of them.
Kids love 'em, i love 'em and for all the protests against i'm sure you'll all continue to buy - i'm already planning buying BEbop, Rocksteady and the new party wagon (I'm in the UK so i've still got like a a year wait on these)
__________________
[SIZE="2"]MICHELANGELO I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs? DONATELLO Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.[/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#680 | |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
|
Quote:
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|