The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #661
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Karai doesn't look too bad, so I'll get her when she shows up.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #662
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Thanks for the feedback on Stockman. I will have the collar and 'tash sorted out today.
Also, I'm going to give Mystic Leo a bash myself. He may end up looking better as a before !

As for the Karai figure. I don't see a problem with it. It looks as she does in the show. Except, I'd have gone for green eyes.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #663
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
hey DVD nice pics of Baxter
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #664
kungfufrogz
Thug
 
kungfufrogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 53
I really wonder if Playmates' budget is so bad they cant afford paint
Or they are just lazy as heck.
__________________
KUNGFUFROGZ Your friendly neighborhood punk
kungfufrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #665
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
I would say its a mix of both...they are cutting corners because production costs are expensive but they are cutting huge corners because they would rather bare bones than give any real effort
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #666
Rikki Tikki Tavi
Random Punk
 
Rikki Tikki Tavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 47
I personaly think its because they can cut corners and their product will still sell world wide. There are collectors, fans, children and the impulse buyers that have no vested interst in TMNT but see so etching they like so they buy it. So from a business standpoint I don't see Playmates bating an eye either way if a few people dislike their product. For every one "upset customer" they have thousands of other customers who continue to purchase their product. Some will complain but maybe just on here or to someone who will listen and never contact Playmates directly. Others will just deal with it, and some but not enough will stop buying completly.
Rikki Tikki Tavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #667
Rikki Tikki Tavi
Random Punk
 
Rikki Tikki Tavi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 47
So is this a true Muckman Figure?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.3 KB, 69 views)
Rikki Tikki Tavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #668
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
So is this a true Muckman Figure?
yes it is its from a playmates packet.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #669
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
So is this a true Muckman Figure?
True in the sense that it is real, yes, but not true in that the toy will look the same. Surely it'll have no paint. I imagine the sewer lid foot will be green, even.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #670
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
True in the sense that it is real, yes, but not true in that the toy will look the same. Surely it'll have no paint. I imagine the sewer lid foot will be green, even.
I bet most of his orange suit wont be painted.

Last edited by Ninturtle; 02-05-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #671
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfufrogz View Post
I really wonder if Playmates' budget is so bad they cant afford paint
Or they are just lazy as heck.
Little from column A and more from column B
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #672
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
True in the sense that it is real, yes, but not true in that the toy will look the same. Surely it'll have no paint. I imagine the sewer lid foot will be green, even.
Probably. I can't see the bones being painted either.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:59 AM   #673
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
He'll also be ridiculously underscaled.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #674
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfufrogz View Post
I really wonder if Playmates' budget is so bad they cant afford paint
Or they are just lazy as heck.
You know what? Great question. Like really....what is it? For real. What really is the big deal behind not being able to paint these things properly? A few figures here and there...ok...maybe you goofed that time but ALL the figures are missing paint in some form or another compared to prototypes. ...and for that matter why even show the prototypes...it's a letdown....EVERY...TIME. The actual figures end up looking like prototypes. Is it really that this company cant "afford" the paint? Is that not the sorriest excuse you've ever heard? What type of bullsh*t is that? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #675
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Pixel Dan Vision Quest/Mystic Turtle Review

http://youtu.be/hfRcefd8IbY
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #676
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
Maybe, maybe they umm, maybe in their rush to get the figures released to coincide with the episode, they just didn't have time, and will improve future releases, says a person in denial.

Okay, I don't buy that at all...
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:57 AM   #677
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Pixel Dan Vision Quest/Mystic Turtle Review

http://youtu.be/hfRcefd8IbY
I was waiting for this for a while to see what he said about the clear lack of quality and he did not give them a pass on it. No wrist articulation on 3/4 turtles is really bad and the very limited amount of paint was poorly done. Very disappointing stuff. Apparently Raphs weapons are very soft too which is odd. Really hope they turn things around on quality control but I have my doubts.

I heard before the new TMNT line in 2012 Playmates was on hard times and had layoffs and so on but surely this relaunch must have helped them regain their stability. I was glad to hear playmates still had the licence as there is history there and they were a huge part of my childhood and now are a big part of my sons childhoods so I want them to succeed but the quality needs to be there.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #678
atreyu2112
Foot Soldier
 
atreyu2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 236
Agreed. Out of all the figures they've done, the Mustic Spirit Turtles are some of the best in idea, but the final product is really a disappointment. I hope the detailing gets corrected. We have seen different paint apps on figures from this line, so we know it's possible.
atreyu2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #679
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
I'm glad, especially after reading the visual history book, that Playmates have the figures still. For all the lack of paint they are still great - of all the figures I have i don't regret any of them.
Kids love 'em, i love 'em and for all the protests against i'm sure you'll all continue to buy - i'm already planning buying BEbop, Rocksteady and the new party wagon (I'm in the UK so i've still got like a a year wait on these)
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #680
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
I'm glad, especially after reading the visual history book, that Playmates have the figures still. For all the lack of paint they are still great - of all the figures I have i don't regret any of them.
Kids love 'em, i love 'em and for all the protests against i'm sure you'll all continue to buy - i'm already planning buying BEbop, Rocksteady and the new party wagon (I'm in the UK so i've still got like a a year wait on these)
I have to disagree Lack of Paint doesn't make Playmates great it makes them really F'n Lazy.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.