The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #741
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Don't care for the re-paints but I wish we got two packs from Playmates here in the States. Of course I would want the price to stay the same or be no more than 10 bucks. Then maybe these figures would be worth it.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #742
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
The sole reason i brought these was because i didn't want to wait a few months, figures here are £10, so for £15 i've got them early and essentially got some bonus figures which i can let my niece and nephew play with.
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #743
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I hope they come to the states, just so I can get blue pants Shredder and zebra-without-stripes Bebop.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #744
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Hey all,
In the UK we've got some new action figure two packs, images are in he UK sightings thread here:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=808

Leo/Bebop
Leo - the figure is a repaint of the AT-3 driver figure with the wave 1 turtle head.
Bebop - An inverted paint scheme, purple suit, black hair.

Mikey/Rocksteady
Mikey is the hot rod figure with the wave 1 mikey head, Rocksteady has a gold vest and weapons with darker camo trousers

Raphael/Shredder
Raph appears to be a repaint of the shell bike wave 1 vehicle with a normal head and a big R on his shell. Shredder is the version 2 figure with blue trousers - a seemingly better painted head too.

(No Donny Love and he's my favourite)
They retail for £15.
Interestingly, in the UK we're not expecting R and B, normal figures until April.
those are kinda cool
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:21 PM   #745
kungfufrogz
Thug
 
kungfufrogz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Hey all,
In the UK we've got some new action figure two packs, images are in he UK sightings thread here:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=808

Leo/Bebop
Leo - the figure is a repaint of the AT-3 driver figure with the wave 1 turtle head.
Bebop - An inverted paint scheme, purple suit, black hair.

Mikey/Rocksteady
Mikey is the hot rod figure with the wave 1 mikey head, Rocksteady has a gold vest and weapons with darker camo trousers

Raphael/Shredder
Raph appears to be a repaint of the shell bike wave 1 vehicle with a normal head and a big R on his shell. Shredder is the version 2 figure with blue trousers - a seemingly better painted head too.

(No Donny Love and he's my favourite)
They retail for £15.
Interestingly, in the UK we're not expecting R and B, normal figures until April.
I may get Rocksteady for the golden hammer and sickle
__________________
KUNGFUFROGZ Your friendly neighborhood punk
kungfufrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #746
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfufrogz View Post
I may get Rocksteady for the golden hammer and sickle
Rocksteady Actually looks pretty good.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #747
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
My second Ricksteady arrived today . So, he's gonna have a mild repaint.
Here is completed StockmanFly.


DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #748
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Hey all,
In the UK we've got some new action figure two packs, images are in he UK sightings thread here:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=808

Leo/Bebop
Leo - the figure is a repaint of the AT-3 driver figure with the wave 1 turtle head.
Bebop - An inverted paint scheme, purple suit, black hair.

Mikey/Rocksteady
Mikey is the hot rod figure with the wave 1 mikey head, Rocksteady has a gold vest and weapons with darker camo trousers

Raphael/Shredder
Raph appears to be a repaint of the shell bike wave 1 vehicle with a normal head and a big R on his shell. Shredder is the version 2 figure with blue trousers - a seemingly better painted head too.

(No Donny Love and he's my favourite)
They retail for £15.
Interestingly, in the UK we're not expecting R and B, normal figures until April.

Holy balls I want those.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:40 AM   #749
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfufrogz View Post
I may get Rocksteady for the golden hammer and sickle
The Rocksteady is a pretty decent figure, especially with the golden weapons. Although they don't quite fit in his hands.
I've unpacked and i'll take out of packs photos tonight.
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:09 AM   #750
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Hey guise, why is this poor girl's Raphael's belt unpainted? Variant?

Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:15 AM   #751
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
My second Ricksteady arrived today . So, he's gonna have a mild repaint.
Here is completed StockmanFly.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...B173E05696.jpg

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...08AE73F043.jpg
DVD wh at kind of paint did you use I want to paint my Stockman Flys head so he actually looks good.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:46 AM   #752
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Acrylic paints. Manufacturer; I can't remember ... I know I should have written it down.
The Mystic Leo is looking good. I was shown the progress today. Wraps done . The belt is next.
It should be completed tomorrow, and I will take a note of the manufacturer of the paints.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #753
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
My flash must be very bright. I notice in the pics, the original colors are showing through the paint app. The figure in hand does not have that.
Anyway, back to current figures.
I opened up one of my Rocksteady figures and a Karai. Here's a heads up..


The snake head plugs on, over the human head. It's not a swap over. Snake head is more like, a hat or a mask.
I had intended to switch over the human head into the April body, but it's needed to hold the snake head in place.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #754
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
is the human Karai head on a simple ball-joint?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #755
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
It's a ball joint.
Here, first is a side by side for size comparison.


So the heads are comparable .
The Karai pops off easily enough. And the snake head can be filled with blutak or the like to be pushed into the ball joint of the snake neck.

However , this morning I couldn't unplug April (so to speak) as it was looking like the neck was going to snap off.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #756
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Great pics as always, dvd.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #757
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I gave it a twist and.... Snap. The April neck post is actually a pin. Not the same as the snake ball. Oh well.
So this shot is a balancing act, for now. Note the low snake head, requiring packing to elevate it.

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #758
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Hmm, the Karai head is in a pretty good scale, so I might actually buy her just for the head, so I can put it on a more appropriate body.

That is, if the Karai cgi model I got is just as much of an hassle to fix for 3D printing as the Leonardo cg model I got. I swear, it's like someone in Red Fly Studios knew the OotS models where going to be ripped, so they hacked up the cgi models to pieces making it harder to actually work with them...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:08 PM   #759
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
nice pics DVD
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #760
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
...so your April is broken now?
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.