The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2015, 11:57 PM   #761
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Karai customs are definitely a go
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:30 AM   #762
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
...so your April is broken now?
Yup !!

The head is NOT located the same as Karai or the Turtles.
There is a double headed peg used. One end plugs into the neck, and the other, the head.
I thought I was popping the head off, but... I snapped the peg at source. Its a real easy fix with a drop of superglue, but I really wanted to use the body to house the Karai head. There is no way I will get the rest of the peg out of the neck, so I guess Im ordering another April !!
This one, I'll just fix and put back at the controls of the blimp.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:16 AM   #763
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Below are the UK exclusive repaints of Bebop and Rocksteady, part of my growing colelction...

378.jpg
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #764
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
Karai customs are definitely a go
If anyone can find a body to the correct scale, post here, lol. I'm not sure the 2007 Karai works...
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #765
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Don't think this has been posted yet. I believe it's from the NY Toy Fair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (86.4 KB, 106 views)
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #766
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Whoa!
Kewl!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:18 AM   #767
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
That Leo playset looks better than the sewer lair. I hope I can get it at a good price.

I've heard different things about this one. Most of them have been teasing on Facebook that Leo was murdered, or that they are losing respect for Playmates. However, there has been only one comment on Toy News International that they're happy it's like a homage to the micro-playsets from the 90s.

What do you guys think?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #768
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Don't think this has been posted yet. I believe it's from the NY Toy Fair.
Discogod mentioned it in his Toyfair 2015 thread, but no pictures.

that looks... odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer536 View Post
However, there has been only one comment on Toy News International that they're happy it's like a homage to the micro-playsets from the 90s.
That was my intial thought when I first read Disco's thread. But it looks rather awkward in the picture compared to the Mini Mutants play-sets within a larger Ninja Turtle action figure.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 02-13-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:26 AM   #769
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
Another pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (85.0 KB, 68 views)
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #770
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Another pic...
Lol!
He is a midget!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #771
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
That looks really cheap. I hope they at least used a pop out feature, because having to assemble crap every time you open it would be tedious.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #772
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
That looks like a production piece rather than the proto I saw - there's been a few changes. Leo's head is smaller and has a different expression, and it looks like the half-pipe & garage bay have been cut (although it's possible that the garage is out of view on the opposite side. On the plus side though, he has a sword now!
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #773
BlueKatanas
Foot Soldier
 
BlueKatanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 199
Here's a link to larger pics of the playset:

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...art=0&sl=24220

I think it looks awesome. Lot's of play features, a weapons rack. I wonder if it'll come with that skateboard mikey's on? I haven't seen that before..its not the motorized one from the lines launch.
__________________

My Collection Thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49928
BlueKatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #774
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Don't think this has been posted yet. I believe it's from the NY Toy Fair.
Neat. I'll have to pick that up.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #775
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Of all the ways to make a playset...

The sewer lair was awesome. Wish they'd done something else that tried to achieve the same level of playability and quality, even if it was mostly unpainted plastic parts it was pretty good for what it was.

For this one, you can tell by looking at it that there are a ton of sacrifices made in order to make it all fit inside the turtle's foldable body.

To anyone who likes this, I'm not blaming you, by all means enjoy it. But why not give us a Technodrome instead?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #776
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Of all the ways to make a playset...

The sewer lair was awesome. Wish they'd done something else that tried to achieve the same level of playability and quality, even if it was mostly unpainted plastic parts it was pretty good for what it was.

For this one, you can tell by looking at it that there are a ton of sacrifices made in order to make it all fit inside the turtle's foldable body.

To anyone who likes this, I'm not blaming you, by all means enjoy it. But why not give us a Technodrome instead?
I dream about getting a new Technodrome. I grew up in the 80s which is basically the golden age of playsets and I'd love for them to make a comeback. The Sewer Set was pretty epic honestly. My little boy loves playing with the Jake and the Neverland Pirates playsets and they have some neat features to them. So I sorta get to vicariously enjoy playing with playsets again through him. LOL.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #777
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Of all the ways to make a playset...

The sewer lair was awesome. Wish they'd done something else that tried to achieve the same level of playability and quality, even if it was mostly unpainted plastic parts it was pretty good for what it was.

For this one, you can tell by looking at it that there are a ton of sacrifices made in order to make it all fit inside the turtle's foldable body.

To anyone who likes this, I'm not blaming you, by all means enjoy it. But why not give us a Technodrome instead?
Nick technodrome wouldn't make a good playset. I'd rather have a classics reissue OR, OOOOR a complete classics remake of the original 'drome.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #778
nellyp
Stone Warrior
 
nellyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 545
a nick technodrome would be cool if it was scaled right and took batteries to make it have the purple/pink rings on the surface that light up. If they wouldnt want to put that much effort in though they should just foget about it
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #779
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
https://m.facebook.com/diamondselect...levant_count=1
Diamond Select toys just announced A box set of the Original Comic figures. They look pretty Amazing and way better than the nick figures ( even though I love those figures).
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #780
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
https://m.facebook.com/diamondselect...levant_count=1
Diamond Select toys just announced A box set of the Original Comic figures. They look pretty Amazing and way better than the nick figures ( even though I love those figures).
Check the comments

"legos r dope."
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.