![]() |
|
|
#781 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#782 | |
|
Resolutely Analogue.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#783 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
|
Playmates make the best ads?
Notice how they carefully hid the hind legs from audiences' view. |
|
|
|
|
|
#784 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
|
Quote:
Hey buddy, I got a question for you. Did you use heat to help remove the head, or were you trying to pry it off under normal room temp? After observing my April figure, it seems like her head is made of a softer plastic that can be more pliable after heating it with a blow dryer set on high heat. I'm wondering if you tried this and still snapped the peg. If not, then maybe it's worth looking into... I love that the heads are in perfect scale. I think I'm actually going to pick up a Karai and April to attempt this. Thanks. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#785 | |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
|
Quote:
![]() Giant turtle mode ![]() You know...my initial reaction to this playset figure, (mind you as an adult) was "what the heck? lol". But then I thought about it... if I were 10 years old again (which was about the time I became a huge turtle fan in the mid 80s) I think I would have LOVED this thing! There's so much a highly imaginative child can do with this. (and like many of you, I was pretty highly imaginative! lol) I don't know what it's origins are but I imagined this as a giant turtle mechanoid created to do battle against another giant monster/etc from dimension X... thus also having the ability to convert into a battle fortress of sorts for all your figures.. ...hey I dunno. lol. My point is, I think it's actually rather cool with plenty of imaginative play potential. If you only look at it from a common sense view, you may be hard pressed to find it attractive and fun. If my son were into the toys, I'd pick this up for him. I'm sure he'd have lots of fun pretending it's a giant robot and not just a big figure that can turn into a battle lair.
Last edited by Splint'r; 02-14-2015 at 04:49 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#786 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
|
Quote:
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night." Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more! http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com Instagram: The White Foot Soldier |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#787 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#788 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
|
Don't get me wrong I love Leonardo as much as the next guy....but why does it have to look like him? Ugh. Just ruins it. Aesthetically I can't put that next to my other playsets cause it'll just look like an unfolded Leo...dang, man. I actually like the thing for what it is. Looks like it'll be in the 50-60 dollar range.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#789 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#790 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 50
|
I'd have loved something similar as a kid too. I just...can't stand the legs/feet on these Nick turtles' designs every time I see them...They're just like these lazy cones that make no sense and totally lack funk.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#791 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn9NSnkmAoA
Im so exied after what i saw was at toy fair. |
|
|
|
|
|
#792 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
Kraang Prime! Is that null? Last edited by snake; 02-14-2015 at 01:44 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#793 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#794 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
|
Fugitoid! Mondo Gecko! Wow
|
|
|
|
|
|
#795 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
|
Fugitoid and Savage Mikey!
Looking forward to this - interested to see if they use Honeycutt. Hope so. Interested to see mondo gecko, Who is the beig yellow guy behind spike, ICK and cluckingsworth?
__________________
[SIZE="2"]MICHELANGELO I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs? DONATELLO Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.[/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#796 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#797 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
|
It's great that they're releasing these characters and all the prototypes look sweet. Especially Krang Prime.
Now to wait and see what the final product looks like. Hopefully they'll pick up the quality back to where it started. |
|
|
|
|
|
#798 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
If the paint is final on these, they're not all too shabby. Awesome that Savanti & Fugitoid will join the series! Finally some Mirage influence. The 3 pack of the turtle's pets is a MUST HAVE!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#799 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#800 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
On some, like Kraang Prime, I imagine you're right. But Napoleon, for example, has details there that aren't painted (such as around his right ankle, seems there's a shackle or something) so I'm guessing a few of them are in fact production samples.
...Wait a minute, on that note, HIS EYES AREN'T EVEN PAINTED! WTF! Also, wow, either that guy is nervous beyond belief, or a dim bulb. Either way, it'd prolly be a good idea to have a rep who can speak properly. "Shredder Mutant Turtles" "Angry Beavers. Dire Beaver & Angry Bird Bieber." |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|