The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #21
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
More and more "Everything EXCEPT Ninja Turtles" in a f***ing Ninja Turtles movie. Awful.

Flavor-of-the-month TV stars in major roles and "We're Too Good For This" "legitimate" actors slumming it for a paycheck a'la Ben Kingsley. Yep. They're really coming at this thing from the right direction.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Awesome.
Says everyone who wants less screen time for the boys.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
More and more "Everything EXCEPT Ninja Turtles" in a f***ing Ninja Turtles movie. Awful.
I'm surprised we've heard so little about the Turtles' actors.

I mean, ok, maybe Raph's guy is shooting early stuff because of Casey and maybe the others don't start filming yet (?), but come on. The only thing we've heard about Alan Richardson...was directly from him. Not right if people practically ignore the cast playing the real stars of TMNT.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-30-2015 at 05:14 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:15 PM   #23
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Says everyone who wants less screen time for the boys.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P...255B1%255D.gif


I'm surprised we've heard so little about the Turtles' actors.

I mean, ok, maybe Raph's guy is shooting early stuff because of Casey and maybe the others don't start filming yet (?), but come on. The only thing we've heard about Alan Richardson...was directly from him. Not right if people practically ignore the cast playing the real stars of TMNT.
Megan Fox was the star of the first movie, Megan Fox and Stephen Amell will be the stars of this movie.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Megan Fox was the star of the first movie, Megan Fox and Stephen Amell will be the stars of this movie.
You don't say. And yes, is why I said TMNT, not "the movie."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:42 PM   #25
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
I'm really not surprised there hasn't been much shown with the turtle actors yet. I mean they are playing giant mutant turtles, I imagine most of their scenes won't have them running around the streets lol. They're probably doing soundstage stuff while this is going on.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:36 PM   #26
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
More and more A+ star listed celebrities joining in. Awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"We're Too Good For This" "legitimate" actors slumming it for a paycheck a'la Ben Kingsley. Yep. They're really coming at this thing from the right direction.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #27
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
To be fair... she's pretty hot.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #28
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
To be fair... she's pretty hot.
I was pointing more to the giant head to the left, but... fair enough.

But yeah, we've made the same point: the idea that A+/award-winning actors automatically lend any credibility to projects like these is ridiculous. Even the most celebrated actor in the world isn't necessarily above taking a garbage gig for a paycheque. It's just the business.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #29
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I'd do it! My integrity is so for sale!
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:59 PM   #30
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I was pointing more to the giant head to the left, but... fair enough.

But yeah, we've made the same point: the idea that A+/award-winning actors automatically lend any credibility to projects like these is ridiculous. Even the most celebrated actor in the world isn't necessarily above taking a garbage gig for a paycheque. It's just the business.
Like Patrick Stewart in TMNT 07?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #31
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
The amount of random and crazy stuff Patrick Stewart gets attached to makes me wonder if he has a cocaine habit on par with his character Avery Bullock on American Dad.

"...Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go party the nose clean off my face!"
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #32
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'd do it! My integrity is so for sale!
See, that I would pay to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Like Patrick Stewart in TMNT 07?
I mean... yeah, kinda. And Captain Freakin' America. (Okay, he hasn't won any legit awards. But he's Captain Freakin' America, and that's way more important than a gold statue.)

Though BayTurtles makes TMNT '07 look like a timeless masterpiece by comparison. It's no 1990 movie by any stretch, and the overall plot was half-baked, but at least someone, on some level, cared about the property on that one and had good intentions. I can watch it without feeling completely depressed, which means... something?
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:21 PM   #33
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The amount of random and crazy stuff Patrick Stewart gets attached to makes me wonder if he has a cocaine habit on par with his character Avery Bullock on American Dad.

"...Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go party the nose clean off my face!"
He smokes weed in a treehouse on the regular, it's no wonder he gets involved in odd stuff.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #34
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
For serious?
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #35
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
To be fair... she's pretty hot.
She must be with all that fire behind her.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #36
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He smokes weed in a treehouse on the regular, it's no wonder he gets involved in odd stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
For serious?
He's had his share of early troubles, but overall he's had a pretty charmed life and has done some good work. And I've got a prematurely bald head too. Maybe I should fake a British accent and emulate.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #37
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The amount of random and crazy stuff Patrick Stewart gets attached to makes me wonder if he has a cocaine habit on par with his character Avery Bullock on American Dad.

"...Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go party the nose clean off my face!"

I wouldn't say he's been attached to a lot of "weird" stuff, but he has had a lot of less "well-known" roles, like the voice of Emperor Uriel Septim in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (where he is assassinated in the intro, but still....), or as Khelban Blackstaff of the Forgotten Realms. Minor roles that most people never heard of, maybe, but still GOOD roles.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:22 AM   #38
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I wouldn't say he's been attached to a lot of "weird" stuff, but he has had a lot of less "well-known" roles, like the voice of Emperor Uriel Septim in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (where he is assassinated in the intro, but still....)
Heh, I thought I recognized his voice. recently started with Oblivion again, since I didn't finish it before Skyrim came out. But, I might put it on hold until Skyblivion comes, and Skywind. The gameplay frustrates me to no end but I wanna experience the stories.

Wouldn't mind Arena and Daggerfall worked into Skyrim engine as well.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:07 AM   #39
Donny
Foot Soldier
 
Donny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sewers of Denmark
Posts: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
my guess...April's mother.

something to deepen April's character, by bringing in a parental figure. She makes an appearance all these years after April's father death.

and only because I have a strong distaste for the writers - I'm betting this woman comes forward only to reveal that April's biological father is actually Eric Sachs - which will give William Fitchner something to do, since he isnt Shredder anymore.

just off the cuff.
Sounds quite possible to me and it would not be a bad way to justify the need of Sachs in the movies. This could maybe justify the focus on him in the first film, depending on how they will use this in the sequels. April finds out, something happens to Sachs that makes him even more crazy and she tries to save him from his own madness but fails and his madness then becomes his doom.
__________________
Mikey: (singing) T-M-N-T! What you get is what you see!
(All the turtles look at him)
Raph: You know seriously, you're only embarrassing yourself...
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #40
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Megan Fox was the star of the first movie, Megan Fox and Stephen Amell will be the stars of this movie.
I can agree with you on this.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
laura linney


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.