The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #41
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I don't get burn. I'm on fire.

http://i.imgur.com/iTzd1KC.jpg
And probably rock that, erm, outfit, too.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #42
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Nah. Honestly, I'll tell anyone about the IDW comics who asks and I'll add that 2/3 of the cartoons are great.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:55 PM   #43
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Nah. Honestly, I'll tell anyone about the IDW comics who asks and I'll add that 2/3 of the cartoons are great.
Heck, when people ask what my favorite comic book movie is of all time, I'll proudly say TMNT 1990. People are surprised at first, but most will be like "oh yeah, I remember them guys! I loved them back in the day!"
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:44 AM   #44
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,993
This thread again?

And no, I don't hide it. I don't go around advertising it and I'm definitely not obnoxious when I talk about the Turtles, but I'm not ashamed of admitting to being a Turtles fan. Although the new movie certainly has tried to embarrass me as a Turtles fan.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #45
lindz247
Foot Soldier
 
lindz247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The sewers with my turtle buds ;)
Posts: 185
sorta a secret but if someone at lunch starts a conversation yea ill join in!
theres a lot more tmnt lovers than ya think!
__________________

Michelangelo ~ He's one of a kind
lindz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #46
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
i dont, employees know me by my first name when i walk into my local TRU. in fact they usually inform me if they got some new stuff in as im walking through the door cause they know im heading to the TMNT aisle. sometimes i walk out with 4-5 figures no bag lol last Sunday i left Meijer with all 4 Fred Wolf inspired figures and Baxter. i dont care who sees what i have im a collector
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:57 PM   #47
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Nope, I say it loud and say it proud if it ever comes up. My immediate family knows I love the Turtles and that I write fan fiction for them, too, and so does my BF. I have three TMNT shirts I wear and I don't care who sees them.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #48
Wesley
Mad Scientist
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
I used to hide it in my teens, but I'm more open to talking about TMNT now. I think the 2003 cartoon is nearly as good as other TV shows like Lost and Angel (well, the first four seasons anyway).
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work.
*Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van*
Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines)

Last edited by Wesley; 05-14-2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added info about 2003 cartoon.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #49
Shiro Kame
Foot Elite
 
Shiro Kame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,332
I try to mostly hide it at school since it's a Christian one. I won't be bullied (the main reason that I attended it after 3 years of homeschooling after being taken out of public school due to being bullied frequently), but I don't want to hear any gossip about me being a "weirdo" or a "freak."
Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:05 AM   #50
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost
 
ProactiveMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Do you mean facebook?
Absolutely not.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:19 AM   #51
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
I try to mostly hide it at school since it's a Christian one. I won't be bullied (the main reason that I attended it after 3 years of homeschooling after being taken out of public school due to being bullied frequently), but I don't want to hear any gossip about me being a "weirdo" or a "freak."
What do people at a Christian school have against a cartoon about mutant turtles? It goes against their creationist views or something?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:37 AM   #52
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Nah. Honestly, I'll tell anyone about the IDW comics who asks and I'll add that 2/3 of the cartoons are great.
Im assuming the OT is the one show that isn't great..
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:09 AM   #53
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
HA! Far from it. Anyone who knows me is well-aware of it; and nearly every single time I see any of my friends, in passing they'll say "We saw some TMNT so-and-so in Wal-Mart and thought of you." And whenever they're trying to get my attention or trying to get me to go somewhere, they'll use joke threats like "They'll cancel Ninja Turtles if you don't", or hold my merch hostage 'til I say yes.

There are far more embarrassing things about me than my love for TMNT.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:12 PM   #54
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist
 
slashpieturtlemix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
I try to mostly hide it at school since it's a Christian one. I won't be bullied (the main reason that I attended it after 3 years of homeschooling after being taken out of public school due to being bullied frequently), but I don't want to hear any gossip about me being a "weirdo" or a "freak."
Having that view in school will change over time. Every person was bullied for what-ever reason but that's what makes you into who you are. You should always embrace what makes you happy.
__________________
Owner of Hkohles1gaming, kohlesgoods, and hkohles1.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #55
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
I never used to, but I have a professional career now and I get worried that clients will google me and decide to drop my services if they see me in costumes at conventions or all my TMNT figures. So I try to distance nerd life from professionam life as much as possible.
I'd like to think it wouldn't, but it totally would.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #56
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist
 
slashpieturtlemix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I never used to, but I have a professional career now and I get worried that clients will google me and decide to drop my services if they see me in costumes at conventions or all my TMNT figures. So I try to distance nerd life from professionam life as much as possible.
I'd like to think it wouldn't, but it totally would.
Well there is a clear difference between business and nerd life in my books. I keep my nerd life to my friends / close associates. I don't start posting my name all over the interwebs with turtle shells on my back lol that hurts business just because people are judgemental. You could always make a fake facebook lol I know a few business owners that do that for nerdy reasons
__________________
Owner of Hkohles1gaming, kohlesgoods, and hkohles1.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:15 PM   #57
Eurydemus
Thug
 
Eurydemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 59
Nope! I never had to and never will. All of my devices have TMNT-themed wallpaper and/or lock screens and I use the T-Phone ringtone, so it's not hard to tell I love them even without stepping into my home.

To be fair, however, I haven't quite reached Super-Fan-levels, so there aren't many collectibles (yet) and I haven't worn a turtle costume or attended any conventions in character. The obsession may be muted on the surface, but it still runs deep (though mostly towards the comics and the TMNT 2K3/2012).
Eurydemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #58
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Nope. I think everybody knows I'm a TMNT fan. In the past, however, I used to hide anything that was remotely nerdy from everyone--friends, family, boyfriends, strangers. Mainly because growing up in the 90s, it was NOT COOL to be a nerd. Like, you got bullied, beat up, you didn't make a lot of friends, and I was a chicken. In middle school I drew a lot of anime/cartoons and people praised me but I didn't like to talk about it. Heh. I remember hiding all my comics and nerd movies whenever my first bf would come over. It's not a good way to be, obviously. Anyway, I'm an open book now. I don't openly brag that I like it but it's apparent when I come to work with a TMNT cup or wearing a Marvel shirt. It's a lot more liberating rather than closing yourself off and hiding. Plus, you attract the right people if they wanna be your friend or date you. It's important to not feel shame with the things you like. Unless you know...you like really weird porn.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #59
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
Unless you know...you like really weird porn.
Have you ever even had your eyeball licked? Don't judge me.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #60
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
Unless you know...you like really weird porn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Have you ever even had your eyeball licked? Don't judge me.



Ok, new rule: Into self-shipping with some Mikey (or Mondo) eyeball licking? Yeah, maybe consider hiding that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.