The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Your opinion?
Yes 27 36.49%
No 47 63.51%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 08:50 PM   #281
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Amen to this. This guy gets it.


Well, I wouldn't say it's all Ciro. Brandon Auman became a big part of the show stepping in as executive producer when season 3 came around. It started to unravel about that time so yeah, I have a good idea where the problem lies.
I so agree. Not to mention what he has done to some of the female characters like Karai and Irma. I have a pretty good sixth sense about people, even those I haven't even met, and I just get bad vibes from this man.

Well, with that aside. My cousin got me into watching this show that lasted 2.5 seasons called Make it or Break it. Basically, it's about 4 elite gymnasts who are trying to get to the olympics. With that, this show does an excellent job of juggling the 4 main characters, and then their families, boyfriends, coaches and even the bad people get some pretty good moments. It's just a shame the TMNT can't be the same way with the juggling act.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #282
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier
 
yellowmario27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 133
a little OT, but do you think Raph would do well with a Red Hood kind of storyline? not exactly the same but something similar?

I always, in my head, like to picture Leo as Dick and Raph as Jason. Maybe it's the blue and red
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 AM   #283
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I so agree. Not to mention what he has done to some of the female characters like Karai and Irma. I have a pretty good sixth sense about people, even those I haven't even met, and I just get bad vibes from this man.
How do you know Brandon Aumon is fully responsible for those changes you don't like? Ciro probably was a big part of making those decisions too it's not just Brandon.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #284
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
How do you know Brandon Aumon is fully responsible for those changes you don't like? Ciro probably was a big part of making those decisions too it's not just Brandon.
I think people like to shoot the messenger and blame anyone in particular. In this case, Brandon Auman gets blamed.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #285
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
To quote Brian Auman again

Quote:
With each new season, we talk about elements from the original comic and cartoon that we want to incorporate into the season. We try to fit it in organically. We don't plan out every little aspect of the season, just the broad strokes.
So they focus on the major events in planning, what story lines they want to incorporate, and how they can be fused to the story at large. The details are put in by the writing staff.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #286
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I do hope they talk about Raph's chip in his plastron as that was going to be a topic for season three. I think that will tell a good story.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #287
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I think people like to shoot the messenger and blame anyone in particular. In this case, Brandon Auman gets blamed.
I didn't say he was the only one responsable. Ciro was an executive producer from the beginning and the show was fine. Auman steps on-board and it's not. He even wrote the first episode of season 3 and we know what happened to Raph in that. He got beaten by April and turned into a flower.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #288
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I didn't say he was the only one responsible. Ciro was an executive producer from the beginning and the show was fine. Auman steps on-board and it's not. He even wrote the first episode of season 3 and we know what happened to Raph in that. He got beaten by April and turned into a flower.
Right. I was more referring to Warhorse, nothing against you guys. Just wanted to clear up confusion for others and just state what I thought it was.

So, when did Auman join? That's what makes me curious.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #289
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Right. I was more referring to Warhorse, nothing against you guys. Just wanted to clear up confusion for others and just state what I thought it was.

So, when did Auman join? That's what makes me curious.
Hey, doesn't matter to me. You can disagree or have a different view. Based on when he started and how Raph was treated very poorly in season 3, I put two and two together. He was involved when season 3 started but whatever. Doesn't matter I suppose. The quality will decline much like the 4kids show did after several seasons because they refuse to improve upon anything.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #290
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Hey, doesn't matter to me. You can disagree or have a different view. Based on when he started and how Raph was treated very poorly in season 3, I put two and two together. He was involved when season 3 started but whatever. Doesn't matter I suppose. The quality will decline much like the 4kids show did after several seasons because they refuse to improve upon anything.
No problem then between all of us then.

So, that's when he got involved more....

Yep, Raph's screwed.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #291
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Yep, Raph's screwed.
Maybe, maybe not.They might do some good things with Raph in season 4 but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #292
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Maybe, maybe not.They might do some good things with Raph in season 4 but I wouldn't hold my breath.
We'll have to see with the time travel soon and the rest of the season.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #293
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I didn't say he was the only one responsable. Ciro was an executive producer from the beginning and the show was fine. Auman steps on-board and it's not. He even wrote the first episode of season 3 and we know what happened to Raph in that. He got beaten by April and turned into a flower.
Not only is Auman now an executive producer along with Ciro, he is also the head writer! Look, like I said, I get bad vibes about the guy, and my gut has yet to be wrong when it comes to crap like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Right. I was more referring to Warhorse, nothing against you guys. Just wanted to clear up confusion for others and just state what I thought it was.

So, when did Auman join? That's what makes me curious.
He was always part of the team since the beginning, but he was just a co-writer. People say he didn't become head writer till the beginning of season 2, but his facebook page makes it look like he didn't become head writer until halfway through season 2 (about the time WormQuake came about) He didn't get executive producer title until the end of season 2/beginning of season 3. And, he has also been the pen for some of the worst episodes to boot.

Last edited by Warhorse; 06-19-2015 at 10:40 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:44 AM   #294
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
I didn't say he was the only one responsable. Ciro was an executive producer from the beginning and the show was fine. Auman steps on-board and it's not. He even wrote the first episode of season 3 and we know what happened to Raph in that. He got beaten by April and turned into a flower.
Its not just Brandon Auman. Eugene Son, writer from 2k3 series, usually is credited for his work on Leo centric episodes. It also seems like there is a group of writers for each turtle. So I am assuming the writers in charge of the Raph centric episodes are not too enthusiastic or the big cheeses want to keep Raph down.

In the 2k3 series there was a lot of episodes that criticize or demean Raphael. It is just so bad. Raphael is the only character that has potential for a compelling storyline...but whatever go with the easily offended Leo storyline instead. I mean come on the whole "Oh I AM SUPER ANGRY CAUSE I CANT SAVE MY BROS WHO ARE STILL ALIVE THUS I REACT BY GETTING SERIOUSLY ANGRY AT THEM" is just silly and has no beef.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:48 AM   #295
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Not only is Auman now an executive producer along with Ciro, he is also the head writer! Look, like I said, I get bad vibes about the guy, and my gut has yet to be wrong when it comes to crap like this.


He was always part of the team since the beginning, but he was just a co-writer. People say he didn't become head writer till the beginning of season 2, but his facebook page makes it look like he didn't become head writer until halfway through season 2 (about the time WormQuake came about) He didn't get executive producer title until the end of season 2/beginning of season 3. And, he has also been the pen for some of the worst episodes to boot.
I stand corrected. I guess he's more to blame than I thought. I just wish Auman was off the show and we could go back to the way it used to be. Get some good writers in there and bring some balance back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
Its not just Brandon Auman. Eugene Son, writer from 2k3 series, usually is credited for his work on Leo centric episodes. It also seems like there is a group of writers for each turtle. So I am assuming the writers in charge of the Raph centric episodes are not too enthusiastic or the big cheeses want to keep Raph down.

In the 2k3 series there was a lot of episodes that criticize or demean Raphael. It is just so bad. Raphael is the only character that has potential for a compelling storyline...but whatever go with the easily offended Leo storyline instead. I mean come on the whole "Oh I AM SUPER ANGRY CAUSE I CANT SAVE MY BROS WHO ARE STILL ALIVE THUS I REACT BY GETTING SERIOUSLY ANGRY AT THEM" is just silly and has no beef.
I know. That last episode with the healing hands was a total Leo love fest episode. It made the others look like they were totally worthless. Donnie and Leo have already been explored heavily in this series. It's time to give Mikey and especially Raph a chance.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #296
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I know this is some really, really slight hope, but in a spoiler posted on the Official Info thread involving Dimension X, Raph was the only Turtle on it. Hopefully he and Mikey are going to get much of the focus next year. Remember, Ciro did Teen Titans, and each Titan had their own season. Season 2 definitely felt like Donnie's season, season 3 is definitely Leo's, so maybe season 4 can be Raph's?
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:55 AM   #297
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Sorry for the long post...

I'm probably going to get called out for The Deadly Venom despite me liking the episode, but it was most certainly far from a Leo love fest episode. I enjoyed the episode and with that annoying Mary Sue/Gary Stu poll of the episode, I'm going to need to address it.

I'm assuming if another Turtle not Donnie or Leo got it, it would be fine. Guys, I get it, Leo shouldn't be the focal point of the show (leaders typically get the starring role 9 times out of 10) while both Mikey and Raph need something. When we look at the episode, none of the Turtles bothered to enter Leo's sparring with Splinter upon seeing the technique. In addition, Raph and Mikey were caught off guard by Karai as they didn't figure out what was going on until it was too late. The only reason Leo was praised by everyone was pulling it off by himself and trying to get his spirits up with the failure to break Karai free again. (yet again screwing her story in the process) And Werecat, may I remind you this episode did have a 2k3 writer on board with an exact plot from that show?

To go off topic for a moment, yes, the 2003 series and the Nick show have little to no Raph love. I get it, but I feel we need to put aside all previous incarnations and not compare them. Even then, Raph will still be screwed in the cartoons if it's not the movies or even the games.

Now, if Leo were to teach the others it (most specifically Mikey), then there's somewhat of a purpose besides it being an idiotic way out of a pretty dark episode that can benefit from being longer. It's fitting everything in 21 to 25 minutes that's one of my biggest gripes. The praising I get, just maybe if the heroes put up a better fight with Karai's venom first.

Also, just have Auman step down if he's got large involvement. I doubt he'll leave, but at least have his position drop in the next season.

Also, what?! Yes, that would be cool if next season is that love. Maybe season 5 will then be the Mikey season? If that's it, perfect, but remember Starfire never got a season to herself sadly.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #298
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
[QUOTE=GoldMutant;1474285

Also, what?! Yes, that would be cool if next season is that love. Maybe season 5 will then be the Mikey season? If that's it, perfect, but remember Starfire never got a season to herself sadly. [/QUOTE]

I think it might be. We know Lord Dregg's showing up next season, and, I dunno, he just seems like Mikey's type of villain, kind of like the Kraang/Donnie and Shredder/Leo.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #299
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I think it might be. We know Lord Dregg's showing up next season, and, I dunno, he just seems like Mikey's type of villain, kind of like the Kraang/Donnie and Shredder/Leo.
Now, to give Raph a main villain somewhere down the line. Maybe it's the Triceratons and Mikey gets Dregg?
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #300
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Now, to give Raph a main villain somewhere down the line. Maybe it's the Triceratons and Mikey gets Dregg?
I'm personally hoping for Bishop as Raph's villain.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nickelodeon, raph, raphael


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.